Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have decided not to continue with the super snake conversion because the package includes a lot of bullshit stuff I don't want. So I am off to do some heavy mods to my Shelby and want to run in the mid-ten second range and be street driven in the same setup.

Completed or in work:

1. I was on the fence on the Whipple or KB, I ordered a KB 2.8. Will run pump gas....hopefully.

2. Moved the battery to the trunk.

3. Have 12" wide wheels coming for the 345-18 BFG drag radials...should be here next week. They should hook real well.

4. Just completed the installation of the TF Venom hood...looks bad ass! 2k later!

5. Lowered the car 2"

Stuff I still need to get.
6. Gonna change the driveshaft but not sure of which to use, carbon or aluminum? Save 30lbs.

7. I want the new Shelby shifter, but it's not in production yet.

8. Do I do the rear upper control arm, or is the Griggs torque arm a better option for weight transfer.

9.NHRA safety equipment to run that fast..... So that is clear cut what is needed to run at a sanctioned track. Please do not add any more info for safety equipment to this thread.

10. lighten the chassis? New K member and arms?...40lbs

11. remove weights on rear axle...10lbs

12. remove trunk mat..5lbs

So what else do I need to do to get this chunk of metal to run the number I want?

:bandit:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd skip the KB. (you can always add that to go faster) Order Evo's Current Stage 4 with the C16 race tune. Put 3.73s in the rear. 12" wheels, are you going to tub or mini tub it. If not I would get a currie 9" 35 Spline (Bolt in) Narrowed at least 2" and 3" would be better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd skip the KB. (you can always add that to go faster) Order Evo's Current Stage 4 with the C16 race tune. Put 3.73s in the rear. 12" wheels, are you going to tub or mini tub it. If not I would get a currie 9" 35 Spline (Bolt in) Narrowed at least 2" and 3" would be better.
Nah, KB is gonna happen.:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Well, that'll get you to 10.5 and then some. I've got the Evo Stage 4 (Stock S/C). Although I haven't gotten great times (because I can't drive and have stock rubber), based on my power & my 120+ trap speed, I should be able to hit 11.5 at 6,000 feet elevation with someone who can drive and some good drag radials. That equates to about 10.5 at sea level.

·
Registered
180 Posts
"I should be able to hit 11.5 at 6,000 feet elevation with someone who can drive and some good drag radials."
Want me to drive that beotch?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
"I should be able to hit 11.5 at 6,000 feet elevation with someone who can drive and some good drag radials."
Want me to drive that beotch?
I'm sure you could do it, Scott. :roller:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't think you will get 12" rears w/out some major modifications... and even then... Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I don't think you will get 12" rears w/out some major modifications... and even then... Just my $.02

+1

Not happening.

And you don't need them to do mid 10's. Use M/T 305/40/18's. More than enough. 10.5" wheel will do it with no other mods.

bj

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a huge bitch...

·
Registered
97 Posts
side pics and specs!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would take some more pics but my car is at the dealer getting the TSB done and the ford dealer is missing parts to complete it; don't know when I am getting my car back:mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Lee,

the rims are Ford Racing FR500 wheels with a 24mm offset and Michelin Pilot Sport 335/30-18 tires.

Before I did this I took a plate with the wheel bolt pattern and bolted it to the axle and then measured with a large caliper to get the actual backspace of the car.

I tried on a FR500 wheel before I widened it and I thought if fit fine as far as the offset. The extra 21mm reduced offsett gave me that much more to add to the inside..............walllaa, 12 inch wide wheels.

The only thing I did was remove the shock cover. I drove it and no rubbing. Now my car is really low, it rides almost on the bump stop, so a non lowered car may be different.

The wheels are not on the car right now because the car is in for the TSB.
When I get it back, I am going to cycle the suspension to make sure the bump stop bracket does not rub. I don't think it will.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 335/30-18 is a nice size tire; I think they are wider than the Nitto 335. The Nittos in my opinion are closer to a 315.

The next thing on the list is to get the 345/35-18 drag radial mounted and see where I am at with fitment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts