Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,070 Posts
Good points!

Supply chains everywhere are disrupted. I cannot currently order most of the martial arts equipment I normally do for my students. It’s not a fair assessment to lay blame on the Mach E or Mach 1 for Broncos not reaching customers in a timely fashion. As 5.8 Venom pointed out, the processes for these vehicles coming to market started long ago. Sure, you could counter with the fact that there are only so many chips to go around right now and some of these chips are going into the new Mustangs vs. the Broncos. Imagine if Ford decided to only produce the Bronco this year. There would be a lot of unhappy customers from Ford’s other offerings.

We are in an extremely challenging period for manufacturers right now. I bet Ford is paddling like a duck to work through the issues. I applaud them for bringing a wide variety of amazing vehicles to the market despite the current challenges.
Being a Blue Oval guy most of my life, I will stand by Ford as they work through this difficult time.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
453 Posts
Being a Blue Oval guy most of my life, I will stand by Ford as they work through this difficult time.
One must take the good with the bad....

I see no reason to lower ones standards in life for minor hiccup....

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
268 Posts
You can bet if Ford is forced to prioritize which vehicle lines get chip preference, F Series will be high on the list because under no circumstances will they allow F Series to lose sales leadership. They want that 45th consecutive year.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
268 Posts
In an effort to expedite production of Broncos ordered with high line packages and hard tops, Ford is offering customers the option of switching to soft tops in exchange for sufficient Ford Pass points to purchase a hard top when available. Mike, if you daughter's order is applicable, she should have received an email from Ford.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,088 Posts
I was chatting with my salesman friend at my Ford dealership and asking him about the status of my daughter's Bronco that she ordered last January on the day the order bank opened. Still no production date or VIN. …. What do you all think?
I'll tell you what I, we, think.

A week or so ago we go to one of our local restaurants, we have a few that we cycle through for Breakfasts. All was going fine until Kathy asked for Honey, not an unreasonable request, Right? The waitress embarrassingly replied,
" I'm sorry but we have run out of Honey".... so Okay, we had a work around and just used the Jelly/Orange Marmalade and let it go. Going forward to this morning we return to the local restaurant in it's typical cyclic order as we usually do. During the 'order' process Kathy mentions that she would like honey... this where things start to get ugly. I said something like, 'you were out of honey about a week or so ago and still are'... waitress who knows us as people that are regulars again apologized and then shared this bit of upsetting news, " the supplier that provides a lot of the misc. items can not find a driver to deliver the things needed "... I 'politely' replied, "how hard would it be for someone to stop and pick-up a jar of honey"... no real response, I was willing to give the waitress 5-10 bucks for her to give to the Manager for stopping by the Wall Mart and pick up even one of those dumb-ass squeeze honey-bear things !!! I mentioned they had none last time we were there, what's the problem, how long does it take to get some honey from a supplier, more than two weeks?
Waitress states that it has been five weeks already, that their 'supplier' of a lot of the Misc. items can not find a driver to deliver the supplies!

Now who doesn't like/enjoy honey on their toast or warm biscuits?

It is a sad day when Ford can't produce a line item car in a year and a restaurant a simple thing like Honey !!!

So many Real World Problems !!!!!!!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Good points!

Supply chains everywhere are disrupted. I cannot currently order most of the martial arts equipment I normally do for my students. It’s not a fair assessment to lay blame on the Mach E or Mach 1 for Broncos not reaching customers in a timely fashion. As 5.8 Venom pointed out, the processes for these vehicles coming to market started long ago. Sure, you could counter with the fact that there are only so many chips to go around right now and some of these chips are going into the new Mustangs vs. the Broncos. Imagine if Ford decided to only produce the Bronco this year. There would be a lot of unhappy customers from Ford’s other offerings.

We are in an extremely challenging period for manufacturers right now. I bet Ford is paddling like a duck to work through the issues. I applaud them for bringing a wide variety of amazing vehicles to the market despite the current challenges.
I think Ford "way" over extended their capabilities; for whatever reason, I don't know. I don't applaud any organization who does not provide it's products in a timely manner. I think they just stuck their collective necks out too far and took on too much in an effort to bring new products to the buying public without due diligence and consideration for unexpected pitfalls that often occur in any complex organization. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face! Customers are not happy.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I'll tell you what I, we, think.

A week or so ago we go to one of our local restaurants, we have a few that we cycle through for Breakfasts. All was going fine until Kathy asked for Honey, not an unreasonable request, Right? The waitress embarrassingly replied,
" I'm sorry but we have run out of Honey".... so Okay, we had a work around and just used the Jelly/Orange Marmalade and let it go. Going forward to this morning we return to the local restaurant in it's typical cyclic order as we usually do. During the 'order' process Kathy mentions that she would like honey... this where things start to get ugly. I said something like, 'you were out of honey about a week or do ago and still are'... waitress who knows as people that are regulars again apologized and then shared this bit of upsetting news, " the supplier that provides a lot of the misc. items can not find a driver to deliver the things needed "... I 'politely' replied, "how hard would it be for someone to stop and pick-up a jar of honey"... no real response, I was willing to give the waitress 5-10 bucks for her to give to the Manager for stopping by even Wall Mart and pick up even one of those dumb-ass squeeze honey-bear things !!! I mentioned they had none last time we were there, what's the problem, how long does it take to get some honey from a supplier, more than two weeks?
Waitress states that it has been five weeks already, that their 'supplier' of a lot of the Misc. items can not find a driver to deliver the supplies!

Now who doesn't like/enjoy honey on their toast or warm biscuits?

It is sad day when Ford can't produce a line item car in a year and a restaurant a simple thing like Honey !!!

So many Real World Problems !!!!!!!
I had two exact same experiences within the last three months. One was a hamburger restaurant who was out of tomatoes! Same response; our supplier can't get them to us. There is a Safeway grocery store not 50 yards away! If I were the manager, I'd send an employee over to buy a dozen tomatoes! Same thing happened again at a high end restaurant! No eggs available for breakfast and no skim milk! Same excuse. Do any of these restaurant managers have the capacity to think outside the box?? They'd rather piss off their customers.. Idiots comes to mind. No one has common sense anymore! LOL! We are becoming a third world country!

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue (Base)
85 Posts
Its really interesting how Ford is handling things right now. They have the GT500, Bronco, Gen 3 Raptor, new edition of the F150, the upcoming Mav and Lightning....a lot of moving parts along with the supply shortage, chip shortage and yep ill say it COVID....

I put an order in for the Gen 3 Raptor on 6/19....I have a VIN and production week of 8/2 already for that vehicle. I was expecting delivery next year which is why I ordered it now....im not anticipating delivery in September at this rate.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
268 Posts
Not to get into a political discussion, but when folks can make more money on unemployment than working, a labor shortage exists. And yes, the restaurant manager could go send someone out to buy supplies, but when he is shorthanded, that "someone" is usually busy doing something else, perhaps of a higher priority and things do fall through the cracks. I suspect there are very few restaurants that are currently fully staffed. Most are just glad to still be operating.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
921 Posts
I had two exact same experiences within the last three months. One was a hamburger restaurant who was out of tomatoes! Same response; our supplier can't get them to us. There is a Safeway grocery store not 50 yards away! If I were the manager, I'd send an employee over to buy a dozen tomatoes! Same thing happened again at a high end restaurant! No eggs available for breakfast and no skim milk! Same excuse. Do any other these restaurant managers have the capacity to think outside the box?? They'd rather piss off their customers.. Idiots comes to mind. No one has common sense anymore! LOL! We are becoming a third world country!
I went to the store plenty of time when I worked at Western Sizzlin....but I don't think most places are allowed the money latitude to do that anymore sadly.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
In an effort to expedite production of Broncos ordered with high line packages and hard tops, Ford is offering customers the option of switching to soft tops in exchange for sufficient Ford Pass points to purchase a hard top when available. Mike, if you daughter's order is applicable, she should have received an email from Ford.
She's been in contact with the salesman. No e-mail; however, she was advised of the offer from Ford. She also learned of a new color availability for the 2022 MY and that may sway her into re-ordering the 2022 with the new color and a white or black top! She obviously received he "patience gene" from her mother!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
I think Ford "way" over extended their capabilities; for whatever reason, I don't know. I don't applaud any organization who does not provide it's products in a timely manner. I think they just stuck their collective necks out too far and took on too much in an effort to bring new products to the buying public without due diligence and consideration for unexpected pitfalls that often occur in any complex organization. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face! Customers are not happy.
Going to disagree with you Mike. I know you aren’t a fan of the Mach E and that adds to your consternation.

You have to play your hand as dealt. Forecasting this current chip shortage would have been next to impossible. Yes, you could argue about keeping production domestically, but this shortage was not in the weather forecast. Ford is playing their hand as dealt with the best of their ability at this point. It’s not just the chip shortage though. It’s shortages across the gamut. Ford is trying to offer a variety of products to meet various demands. From Mustangs to supercars to trucks to off road platforms to SUVs to electric vehicles, Ford offers one helluva a lineup. They will get though the current challenges and continue to offer a variety to its customers. The delays suck. Current GT500 customers are waiting. As were we last year when the plant shut down. In the end, the vehicles will eventually get built and customers will be lined up to happily buy them.

Reactions: Aeneas137

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not to get into a political discussion, but when folks can make more money on unemployment than working, a labor shortage exists. And yes, the restaurant manager could go send someone out to buy supplies, but when he is shorthanded, that "someone" is usually busy doing something else, perhaps of a higher priority and things do fall through the cracks. I suspect there are very few restaurants that are currently fully staffed. Most are just glad to still be operating.
Good points. I'd go, myself, if I were shorthanded. The whole country is suffering from a lack of employees willing to go back to work. The ones they are forced to hire are a definite disappointment according to Sharon's recent experiences at the grocery stores.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I build machinery for railroads. Many small parts not available. If a part is found its more expensive. Get ready for inflation to skyrocket. If covid was planned they might win lets hope not.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Going to disagree with you Mike. I know you aren’t a fan of the Mach E and that adds to your consternation.

You have to play your hand as dealt. Forecasting this current chip shortage would have been next to impossible. Yes, you could argue about keeping production domestically, but this shortage was not in the weather forecast. Ford is playing their hand as dealt with the best of their ability at this point. It’s not just the chip shortage though. It’s shortages across the gamut. Ford is trying to offer a variety of products to meet various demands. From Mustangs to supercars to trucks to off road platforms to SUVs to electric vehicles, Ford offers one helluva a lineup. They will get though the current challenges and continue to offer a variety to its customers. The delays suck. Current GT500 customers are waiting. As were we last year when the plant shut down. In the end, the vehicles will eventually get built and customers will be lined up to happily buy them.
I think even with the absence of the chip problems, Ford really over-reached. Just too many new vehicles all at once. I'm betting some Ford executives with the responsibility of predicting financial outlays and new vehicle introductions are worrying about their tenure with Ford. But we can agree to disagree!

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,088 Posts
I had two exact same experiences within the last three months. One was a hamburger restaurant who was out of tomatoes! Same response; our supplier can't get them to us. There is a Safeway grocery store not 50 yards away! If I were the manager, I'd send an employee over to buy a dozen tomatoes! Same thing happened again at a high end restaurant! No eggs available for breakfast and no skim milk! Same excuse. Do any of these restaurant managers have the capacity to think outside the box?? They'd rather piss off their customers.. Idiots comes to mind. No one has common sense anymore! LOL! We are becoming a third world country!
Holy Crap Mike...
OMG,
...no 'maters,
... no eggs,
...NO SKIM MILK.... Oh Lord !!!!

We do have Real World Problems !

Hmmmm…. I wonder if there are any chickens in Cuba, they may have the eggs we need !
I believe they have pigs.... I heard years ago they have a Bay Of Pigs !!!! ...bacon for ALL...….

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Mike

i reserved mine July 16, 2020.

I ordered mine when the banks opened up earlier this year.

I was informed mine will not be delivered until ….2023! Complete horseshit.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
Mike

WOW! That’s a bigger delay than what I’ve seen anywhere. Sorry Sean.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Holy Crap Mike...
OMG,
...no 'maters,
... no eggs,
...NO SKIM MILK.... Oh Lord !!!!

We do have Real World Problems !

Hmmmm…. I wonder if there are any chickens in Cuba, they may have the eggs we need !
I believe they have pigs.... I heard years ago they have a Bay Of Pigs !!!! ...bacon for ALL...….
Send me the address to mail it to. . .

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Mike

Holy crap, Sean, I'm speechless!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts