Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT500 is my first fast car, I have always owned Ford trucks till now. My suspesion has benn upgraded with Evo Perf lowering package (FRPP spring spring, ect)and race shocks.

Occasionally when I am on the highway and excellerate I lose feel of the ground and it feels like I am floating. What is occuring? Are my wheels slipping? Am I air born? Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's adrenalin rushing to your head.

Pretty cool huh? :rocker:

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, very cool.

has that happened to you?

i looking for a more technical answer though. I wonder if the little bumps on the highway have anything to do with it. Some of the highways in Portland, Oregon have lots of tiny bumps and maybe there because we get lots of rain.

Yes, sometimes I'll be shakin alittle after I drive the car, the adrenaline is cool too.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yes, very cool.

has that happened to you?

i looking for a more technical answer though. I wonder if the little bumps on the highway have anything to do with it. Some of the highways in Portland, Oregon have lots of tiny bumps and maybe there because we get lots of rain.

Yes, sometimes I'll be shakin alittle after I drive the car, the adrenaline is cool too.
Do you have any aftermarket suspension parts? If so, are they BMR lower control arms? If so, don't drive the car...get under there and check the bushings.:boohoo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are Evolution Performance lower control arms, they may be BMR with Evos name on them and I think they have Polyeurathane bushings.

What do you think is happening?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Who invented liquid soap & why?:roller:

As far as I can tell, Liquid Soap was invented by Hendrik Willem Brouwer of Holland, working for Lever Brothers. He received patent number US4065398: Liquid soap
composition. You can read more about this invention at this webpage.

As for why - I can only guess that Lever Brothers saw the potential to increase sales and profits due to the convenience of a soap that could easily be dispensed in public places like public
restrooms, as a better alternative than providing a community bar of soap (do you really want to wash your hands with a bar of soap covered with some stranger's dirt and germs?), and as
a more comfortable alternative to providing powdered soap

In fact, since the invention of liquid soap, there have been a whole lot of patents for equipment that dispenses liquid soap, so the market is obviously there!

How is that?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks. That has been a longstanding question that I've had & never gotten a good response until now.:silly:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm here for you man.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You da man.:pinklove:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Don't say "da man", it brings back bad memories.

·
Registered
195 Posts
OK Mr. Failure to start properly. (I know I'll pay for this someday)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
They are Evolution Performance lower control arms, they may be BMR with Evos name on them and I think they have Polyeurathane bushings.

What do you think is happening?
Evo's LCA's are made by Steeda. They are very good and should not be the problem. It could however be something as simple as a shock absorber adjustment.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Evo's LCA's are made by Steeda. They are very good and should not be the problem. It could however be something as simple as a shock absorber adjustment.

Thanks, I was trying to get this thread back on topic, but Kurt just wouoldn't allow it?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts