Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to come up with a plan for my phone in the Gt500. Last year it sat in the cupholder and mostly in the way. Anyone care to share your setup that is working well for you? Thanks!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,795 Posts
Someone was just asking me about my phone mount I use for track videos. I snapped these for him. It’s a PanaVise... great mount! I added a felt bumper at the bottom to stabilize the phone against the dash so it’s not shaking while filming. I normally have it in the center, but put it far right when at the track so it doesn’t obscure my roll bar camera.

Sky Motor vehicle Cameras & optics Automotive design Automotive mirror
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 GT500
70 Posts
ProClip USA. Used them for years in many different vehicles. Pricey and rock solid.

Reactions: Cyber500

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,262 Posts
This is the one I ordered. Direct Fit Phone Mount - Ford Mustang, Mustang GT, GT-350, GT-500 (201

I haven’t received it yet, but I have experience with a very similar mount in my Taurus SHO that worked exactly the same way, installing on a screw by the nav screen with a bracket that fit through the trim panel gap. It was awesome and absolutely secure. I‘m pretty sure the ball on their mount is just a standard 17mm RAM type ball you can adapt to about any phone holder if you don’t like the magnet mount or cradles they sell. I’ll know for sure once I get mine and play with it.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I like the direct fit one above. I have had proclip in every car for the last 5yrs or so. They don’t use any screws or anything. Slip between trim panels. You pick your mount and then what holder you want.
Unlike the direct fit this would be easy to take out for you show guys. It takes about 5 sec to install/remove.
I haven’t used this mustang one but have had 5 others.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,674 Posts
Mine just stays plugged into a USB in the center armrest to power android auto

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,632 Posts
I've got a nice cover for the center console, and it's got a pocket that I slide the phone in. Works great.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the direct fit one above. I have had proclip in every car for the last 5yrs or so. They don’t use any screws or anything. Slip between trim panels. You pick your mount and then what holder you want.
Unlike the direct fit this would be easy to take out for you show guys. It takes about 5 sec to install/remove.
I haven’t used this mustang one but have had 5 others.

Ordered! (DirectFit) Thank you, HVCalTech

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree Motor City. I have to have my spotify music on a cruise sometimes and my radar detector talks to it. I like your spec!! Looks familiar.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Reactions: DBII

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,795 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,262 Posts
You’ll be covering gauges on the GT500… not sure it will even work with our cars.

View attachment 230345
Tim, this is the one I was referencing.

Car Motor vehicle White Steering part Automotive design

It installs on one of the screws that holds the nav screen in and fits through the gap between the screen bezel and the center stack upholstery. The proclip model I think you’re referring to does look like it might block one of the gauges though.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,795 Posts
Tim, this is the one I was referencing.

View attachment 230379

It installs on one of the screws that holds the nav screen in and fits through the gap between the screen bezel and the center stack upholstery. The proclip model I think you’re referring to does look like it might block one of the gauges though.
Ahhh, thanks! Yes, I saw the one that would cover the oil gauges.

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime GT500 CFTP w/ Painted Black Stripes
58 Posts
This is what I have in both of my cars - yes it gets in the way of the switches and heat controls - I don’t care about that, I like the way it looks…

1 - 20 of 47 Posts