Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up next to something recognize. It was a convertible with the 05-09 body style, and said "SVT" on the left side of the trunk lid in the same lettering as my "SHELBY". I did'nt get a chance look for Cobra badges, as that he fell back quickly in traffic after seeing me and then was insistant on running after the next light turned green. He ended up solidly behind me after we went at it from about a 10-15 mph roll in traffic (with my TSC still on duh) ....but he would'nt quit bugging me and wanted to run again. He had dark tinted windows, so I had no idea what his intentions or comments were based on his facial movements (note to other street racers to remember if you have tinted windows). I did'nt figure it was worth a ticket after the way the first run went and being that we were in heavy traffic, so I just ignored him and refused to run again. But what was it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ended up next to something recognize. It was a convertible with the 05-09 body style, and said "SVT" on the left side of the trunk lid in the same lettering as my "SHELBY". I did'nt get a chance look for Cobra badges, as that he fell back quickly in traffic after seeing me and then was insistant on running after the next light turned green. He ended up solidly behind me after we went at it from about a 10-15 mph roll in traffic (with my TSC still on duh) ....but he would'nt quit bugging me and wanted to run again. He had dark tinted windows, so I had no idea what his intentions or comments were based on his facial movements (note to other street racers to remember if you have tinted windows). I did'nt figure it was worth a ticket after the way the first run went and being that we were in heavy traffic, so I just ignored him and refused to run again. But what was it?

V6 with an emblem mod? :thinkerg:

·
Registered
165 Posts
SVT has not badged a Mustang since the 03/04 SVT Cobra affectionately referred to as the Terminator.

And you'll KNOW a Termie if you run into one. They are nearly equal to our cars (less hp, but lighter weight balances it all out) and take to mods as well as our cars do. Be ready for a fight....

But no, there are no "SVT" badged 05-09's. Our cars only reflect SVT on our center wheel hubs, not on the body.

Sounds like a guy with a regular GT that may have modded up (supercharger or whatnot) and added the badges.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....that explains the trouncing he got and his refusal to accept a thorough beating....
It kinda reminded me of the cartoon with the little dog always chasing the big dog around and chewing on his ankle.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
I just went to a car show Friday night...someone had a GT/CS..California Style...and had the GT500 badge on the trunk...at first I was confused....surely noone is lame enough to put fake badges on their car...but I looked in...it had a 5 speed shifter...and another guy at the show with a KR told me that yeah, he put the GT500 badges on himself...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts