Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, now that stage 2 is being done, what other important changes need to be made other than new plugs and a re-tune?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Next is cooling mods like the heatexchanger and possibly the radiator.Then driveshaft.Just be prepared as this is a never ending list!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same question but I have the cooling covered. What is the next performance mod? Lower pulley? Throttle body? drive shaft? Where will see the biggest difference?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Got the HE and DS. Do some change out injectors, and is a lower pulley needed?
injectors not needed unless you plan to mod to achieve over about 750rwhp. If your is an 08, as your sig states, your current balancer is good for a TVS SC. The innovators west lower will net about 4 more lbs of boost. Need to consider what your ultimate performance level is you want. Many packages out there.

I have the same question but I have the cooling covered. What is the next performance mod? Lower pulley? Throttle body? drive shaft? Where will see the biggest difference?
1 piece aluminum dynotech is most folks preference. TB's again depends on your goal of achieved hp. Currently running bbk, but changing to monoblade. But there are new ones out, the CJ TB and MAF is only one. BBK and CJ require no new tune to install. Again, you need to research and decide what you want. Many options. But more hp also means getting it to the ground, so suspension, gearing are all factors to consider...

·
Registered
48 Posts
has anyone documented an ET change with the driveshaft change?

I told myself I was going to keep this one very "stock" and just do simple things. I am trying to NOT change the supercharger but you never know in the future. For now, I would like to get all I can out of the stock charger w/o stressing anything too bad. What kind of hp is the lower pulley worth? I k now it makes more heat but will it hurt the car? Would the throttle body be a happy medium? Pick up a little horsepower w/o the heat/stress issues? I Like what I am hearing about the CJ throttle body.

And then the driveshaft, at what point is breaking the stock one an issue? It seems that 35# of rotating mass would make a significant difference in ET/hp on a dyno. But at the same time I do not want any alignment/noise issues.

My car is a EVO stage 2 with afco HE and drag radials, LCA & UCA. It is not a daily driver and I will not beat on it daily. Track days are an every now-and-then thing, alot of highway blast through the gears. Where would you spend your next $1000?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
+1...RevanRacing/C&R Radiator & HE are essential. Nothing else compares.
A good unit but not necessarily essential. Discharged temps with a TVS, 180* t-stat and the AFCO HX are comparable to the C&R units.

Alright, now that stage 2 is being done, what other important changes need to be made other than new plugs and a re-tune?
Pick the parts that will help you best attain your goals.
Do you have a goal in mind?

For me to reach my goal of 650 repeatable rwhp I had to use the IW lower pulley with the TVS. Your goals may differ.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
A good unit but not necessarily essential. Discharged temps with a TVS, 180* t-stat and the AFCO HX are comparable to the C&R units.
true, to a degee, if your not going to beat on it road racing, or are in a lot of heavy city traffic. But if road racing, even infrequently, you'll want it...you'll be heat soaked and won't last....but again...depends on every persons own goals. JMO. Van's data speaks for itself...

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright! I am ready to install. All I need is a good SC pulley puller/installer. Got my new tune for the 2.6 and HE and DDS and idler, so easy cheesy...right?? Most of my help has come from you guys (along w/Team Shelbs). So is this for the tech at Ford or can I do this?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The lightningforceperfomance pulley and the one the one you can rent from VMP have worked very well to remove the OEM pulley with minimal to no damage.

threadjack in progress
But if road racing, even infrequently, you'll want it...you'll be heat soaked and won't last....
Not true. I was at the TrackGuys.com event at TWS just 2 weekends ago and no heat soak and no loss of power. Just my experience..

Van's data speaks for itself...
Not arguing the C&R setup's efficiency, just the argued necessity.
Van's own words: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44726&postcount=14

·
Registered
662 Posts
The C&R Heat Exchanger may not be a necessity depending on what you are doing, but it sure is nice.....whooooosh sounds like a mini-tornado under the hood now and dropped the temps significantly....I'm sure the AFCO is nice but for $300 more this is just too cool.:zlurking:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts