Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red
80 Posts
I’m not an EV guy but I was just watching some Cobra 1400 videos. 1/4 mile in the 8 second range Is crazy fast and will certainly draw an audience. Especially if (when) gas prices get out of control. I predict one of the first aftermarket items for such cars will be a some kind of 120 decibel exterior sound system that mimics ICE exhaust notes (or plays a tune like the ice cream man).

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Smaller, lighter, lower seating position. If you do that and keep everything else the same we'll have a much faster car. I'm thinking like SN95 size overall.
Problem is, they keep making people bigger and taller. I'm only 6'-1", and sitting in my SN95's makes me wonder how in the hell I ever daily drove one.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Problem is, they keep making people bigger and taller. I'm only 6'-1", and sitting in my SN95's makes me wonder how in the hell I ever daily drove one.
Hence the request for the lower seating position. I'm 6' and I fit in my SN95 great personally.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Headroom isn't my issue. Legroom, knees right up next to the dash. I just feel an inch or two "too close" with the seat all the way back. I have friends who are 6'-4" - 6'-5" who look kinda comical folded into their SN95's, knees resting against the door panel and console.

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
1,751 Posts
I'm with you Rick. At 6'2 and skinny back then...I think I was the max to daily drive an SN95 just because of the right knee.

But I'm also with Kyle, lighter, and lower would be nice.

My big request is an upgraded interior, something on par with a Lexus IS would be awesome. Lexus just utilizes materials better, so all of the touch points are nice.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
I'm with you Rick. At 6'2 and skinny back then...I think I was the max to daily drive an SN95 just because of the right knee.

But I'm also with Kyle, lighter, and lower would be nice.

My big request is an upgraded interior, something on par with a Lexus IS would be awesome. Lexus just utilizes materials better, so all of the touch points are nice.
My 2004 Lexus LS430 still feels nicer on the inside than any Ford I've ever sat in LOL. Sure the tech is appropriately outdate, but seeing as how it has navigation, radar cruise and anti-collision, and multi-zone climate control with heated and cooled seats at all 4 seats with massaging seats in the rear it's not as far as you'd think.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
I can't see cars getting much lighter in the near term. Too many mandated features and personal injury lawfirms to let that happen.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Nor any cheaper, cuz all of that mandated nanny-crap costs lots of money. And probably the GDP of a small country to replace when it breaks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts