Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,247 Posts
Internal combustion engine. Mybe a hybrid, but do NOT abandon the ICE engine. AWD would be cool. All electric? No thanks.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,936 Posts
I'd want ICE and no hybrid addition. Keep the car within original design parameters and it will still sell. AWD might be advantageous, but also much more expensive and complicated.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,354 Posts
Me...

I would want a GEAR BOX w/a shifter, clutch, flywheel..... Yeah, yeah... I know... "not as Fast"... don't care.

OF COURSE ICE.... an Internal Combustion Engine... gas burning, LOUD exhaust, fire breathing, carbon producing, super-charger squealing, screaming, air sucking, Scary CAR TO DRIVE.....

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Race Red, White Stripes, SVT PP, Glass roof, Nav, Shaker Audio
13 Posts
I just hope it gets the Mach1's trans as a standard option, and as long as MagRide is optional, I don't think it gets any better than that. I'd love to also ask for more revs, all the revs, but that's just me being greedy and basically describing a Gt350..... lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
I'd want ICE and no hybrid addition. Keep the car within original design parameters and it will still sell. AWD might be advantageous, but also much more expensive and complicated.
I believe we are going to see an ICE rear wheel drive/electric front wheel drive for an all wheel drive platform in the S650.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Something that actually looks like a Mustang, not that MachE thing they keep mistakenly calling a Mustang.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
And I don't care what the powerplant is in said Mustang. An EV Mustang won't bother me, but at the moment it's not something I would buy, simply because the support for it isn't there yet.

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Gen3 VMP
300 Posts
Smaller displacement, high revving (8.5-9K rpm), supercharged V8, in the GT500 body (different front end) with a manual transmission. If it’s not too soon, put the GT350 moniker on it and price it between the Mach 1 and GT500, guessing $60-65K range. Around 600hp would be the sweet spot.

PS. If we’re dreaming, this as a twin turbo would be preferred….

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
The world will turn to exclusive EVs after 2030. What we have now are the last of the true Mustang powerplants.
Love the new sig pic with both Shelbys!

·
Registered
2007 Ford GT500 Performance White/Blue Stripes
39 Posts
I want another Boss 302. I was kinda let down by the new "Mach 1." Ford NAILED IT in 2012 and 2013 with the Boss. I've never seen so many reviewers rate that car so high. Many preferred it over the 2013 GT500. I want other one to come out, maybe even a Boss 429, to blow reviewers out of the water again.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
I want other one to come out, maybe even a Boss 429, to blow reviewers out of the water again.
That would be cool!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
I'd be happy with a simple evolution-forward of what they've already got.

Keep it clean, mean, low and slick like the current car. I think the new Mach 1 is GREAT! But, I agree, that if this next generation is going to be the swan song for the ICE Mustang, I'd like to see a Boss 429 version of some sort. And styling-wise, I would ask Ford to follow the same exercise in "restraint" as they did in 1969. Make it all about stance, wheel/tire relationship, attitude and sound, with just a simple "BOSS 429" call-out on each fender. Not a damn thing more. It was perfect in 1969, and it would be perfect in 202X.

The reason I leave out 1970, is because Ford just couldn't leave well enough alone, they had to paint the damn hood scoop black, which did nothing to help the looks of the car whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
The reason I leave out 1970, is because Ford just couldn't leave well enough alone, they had to paint the damn hood scoop black, which did nothing to help the looks of the car whatsoever.
Didn't they also eliminate Maroon and Black Jade in '70?

I don't love the Grabber colors but it seems do many '70's were white and Grabber Blue.

Funny, I much prefer B9's of '69, but for B2's, I prefer '70's. Yes, full circus '70's.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Didn't they also eliminate Maroon and Black Jade in '70?

I don't love the Grabber colors but it seems do many '70's were white and Grabber Blue.

Funny, I much prefer B9's of '69, but for B2's, I prefer '70's. Yes, full circus '70's.
There was no white for Boss 429 in 1970, but they produced 3 or 4 "Pastel Blue", which was very close to white.

No Maroon and no Black Jade for 1970 either.

For Boss 302's, my allegiance remains with 1969, the side stripe I find far sharper, and doesn't "fight" with the lines/flow of the car.

Reactions: 2112

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Smaller, lighter, lower seating position. If you do that and keep everything else the same we'll have a much faster car. I'm thinking like SN95 size overall.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts