Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 4 hours doing this Sunday,what do you think?This was all done by hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nice job 07. What did you use to color the lettering?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow, looks great!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job 07. What did you use to color the lettering?

I used Dupli-color tire paint(white).I think it is called Hot Tires.2 coats and I am not an artist by any definition!I really like it.I think a lot of this is going to happen over the winter.I am very bored...................07.......................

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used Dupli-color tire paint(white).I think it is called Hot Tires.2 coats and I am not an artist by any definition!I really like it.I think a lot of this is going to happen over the winter.I am very bored...................07.......................
maybe this is a stupid question... but is it permanent?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe this is a stupid question... but is it permanent?

If you want to take it off I am sure a strong solvent or Acetone would take it off...................................07.......................................

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've never been a big fan of white lettering on my tires, but you did a great job.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Looks good, how about a full car shot though so we can see the full effect???
I asked him about that in a PM! It is in the winter storage mode right now, so we will have to be patient!

Nice job, 07!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked him about that in a PM! It is in the winter storage mode right now, so we will have to be patient!

Nice job, 07!
Thanks old buddy.Oldimp is right.I have it up on stands right now.I will make a mental note of it and do it when I am ambitous enough.I have 2 large pictures in my garage,a red 2007 Shelby and a 2006 red Ford GT.The letters are painted on the GT and they look really cool so I did my Shelby like that.Come to find out the Ford GT doesn't come like that either someone painted those on then took the picture.............07.........................

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ok I just went to the garage and this is the best I can get now.........................07..............................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I think it looks good...if it came with it I would not change it but I do like all black I think easier to take car of but the more I look at it have to admit growing on me :)

Your rims look perfect did you get the problem fixed or just replace ?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I think it looks good...if it came with it I would not change it but I do like all black I think easier to take car of but the more I look at it have to admit growing on me :)

Your rims look perfect did you get the problem fixed or just replace ?
How about Torch Red letteing. I remember my 1967 Olds. 442 came with red lettering on the rubber! Food for thought if you like that look.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I only worked 10 hours today so I came home put the rear wheels back on,took it off the jack stands and pulled the beast out of the garage.It's suppose to be a nice week and I can't take it any more, I have to drive it while I can.It's dark out but the flash worked pretty good.I took these for all of you that wanted the full effect so here you go.What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are from today in the daylight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Car looks great, but the bare trees are boggling my mind. It's only September.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500
692 Posts
I think it gives the car a more retro look. Very nice.

My pickup has raised white letters. To clean them I use Wesley’s Bleach White. I don’t know if it will remove tire paint. Just in case you want to try and clean them before a repaint.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts