Yes or No on the black lights?

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Don't like

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey guys I need your input on this mod, I want to change the orange corner lights to black, I think it looks good, tell me what you guys think? Here is a photoshop of the car with the black lights.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Those are the turn signals, aren't they? I believe, by law, they have to be amber on the front. Will the lights still flash amber with the black lenses? Just something to keep in mind.

Otherwise, I do like it. They seem to plend in better with the black grille. :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Those are the turn signals, aren't they? I believe, by law, they have to be amber on the front. Will the lights still flash amber with the black lenses? Just something to keep in mind.

By law you are correct rpretzel. My sons have gotten around this by using amber bulbs. I agree with the Prez ELITE 1, they do look nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks Great. How would you do that? Is there a cover or do you get them tinted. I had some black tint and put it temporarily on the lense and the color of the light was still amber.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Definetly a different look. I like em!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey guys I need your input on this mod, I want to change the orange corner lights to black, I think it looks good, tell me what you guys think? Here is a photoshop of the car with the black lights.

Looks cool. What happened to your Elite1 ? It's not on the picture with the black lens? :) GGBIW

·
Registered
933 Posts
ggbiw,

I believe that ELITE 1 had said in an other post that he had photoshopped the ELITE 1 into his picture. It really isn't on his car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yes, those are the parking/turn signal lights, they are new lenses that are clear with a black housing. I will have bulbs installed that are chrome when turned off and orange when turned on, I have them on my truck and they are awesome.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes, those are the parking/turn signal lights, they are new lenses that are clear with a black housing. I will have bulbs installed that are chrome when turned off and orange when turned on, I have them on my truck and they are awesome.
ELITE 1 How about a web site for lenses and bulbs? Great look.;)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the lenses from atomic street on ebay for $61.37. The bulbs are from http://www.autolumination.com/ the bulb numbers are 3157 for the blinker/parking (the GT500 manual says the bulbs are 3156, but when I pulled it out from the housing the bulb said 3157, go figure) and W5W or 194 for the small parking light next to the blinker/parking light. I should have them by thursday and get pics up when I get them installed.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I got the lenses from atomic street on ebay for $61.37. The bulbs are from http://www.autolumination.com/ the bulb numbers are 3157 for the blinker/parking (the GT500 manual says the bulbs are 3156, but when I pulled it out from the housing the bulb said 3157, go figure) and W5W or 194 for the small parking light next to the blinker/parking light. I should have them by thursday and get pics up when I get them installed.
Thanks for the information ELITE 1. Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: I received my lights and the bulbs yesterday, I will install them and get pics up as soon as I can.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I installed the lenses. It took me longer than I expected but they are in. I had to take off the wheels and the plastic inner fender to get to the lights. It is really easy to remove and replace the lights, just a couple of tabs and thats it. I also made a change in the bulbs that I used, I was going to use the chrome bulbs but I switched to orange bulbs due to bulb brightness.

Here is a pic of the two white tabs that hold the lights in (on the left).

Parking lights on

I will get more pics soon.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice,thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks great.......Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pics in the daylight, yes the car is dirty (damn bugs), I will detail it tomorrow.

With hazard lights on

Just parking lights.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Me Likey. Do they make your Shelby go faster? :D

Those would probably look pretty good on a Vista Blue Shelby too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts