Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Tough call was it only the rear spoiler that was damaged?? If you are replacing the trunk lid for damage just go with the big wing. Do what makes you happy!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Just got rear ended today in my Race red gt500 and lost the spoiler.

i don’t know if I should replace it with the same or a cftp type spoiler??

what do you guys think? The car has all the plastic trim painted high gloss black.

View attachment 243573
View attachment 243574
View attachment 243575 View attachment 243577
View attachment 243576
Sorry to hear about the incident. I moved your post here to the performance mods section. I have a buddy that bought the CFTP OEM wing to replace his swing. It turned out nice… looks great! Another buddy just got one of the first recreations from Function Factory Performance. He has not installed it yet. I also just sold my 2nd OEM wing to a friend who’s base model is in production. This mod is somewhat common. You really feel the wing at work keeping the ass end planted. You feel this in the turns as well as on the straights when hitting bumps.

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500
320 Posts
Damn sorry, SoCal and I will presume that your gorgeous painted stripes took a hit as well. As for the wing, I'm with the camp that says, "Do what makes you feel the best," and the heck with everyone else. Yours is one of THE prettiest Shelbys I've ever seen and I love Race Red.

Hope you're back on the road in short order.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
Just got rear ended today in my Race red gt500 and lost the spoiler.

i don’t know if I should replace it with the same or a cftp type spoiler??

what do you guys think? The car has all the plastic trim painted high gloss black.

View attachment 243573
View attachment 243574
View attachment 243575 View attachment 243577
View attachment 243576
Wow that Sucks sorry to hear that this happen your Ride looks so nice I like the glossy black look

I replaced mine as it looks so much better that is why I did it, local FORD did my install and repaint of the trunk lid. My detailing guy redid my Black Race stripes I got those though Bemaro Talk to Benjamin so you can just buy the trunk and the stripes no need so i didn't pay 750.00 bucks for the full set.

Do what makes you happy. Its to bad this happen to you SoCal, Good Luck on whatever you decide```````` Plant Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
Wow that Sucks sorry to hear that this happen your Ride looks so nice I like the glossy black look

I replaced mine as it looks so much better that is why I did it, local FORD did my install and repaint of the trunk lid. My detailing guy redid my Black Race stripes I got those though Bemaro Talk to Benjamin so you can just buy the trunk and the stripes no need so i didn't pay 750.00 bucks for the full set.

Do what makes you happy. Its to bad this happen to you SoCal, Good Luck on whatever you decide```````` View attachment 243594
Happy to see you have my wing side pane decals. I designed those for Bemaro. My initial rough outline that I sent Benjamin is below. They have been popular. The wing looks fabulous on your car!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Grille Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Handling Pack/Race Red/Custom Stripes
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tough call was it only the rear spoiler that was damaged?? If you are replacing the trunk lid for damage just go with the big wing. Do what makes you happy!
Yep the spoiler in the whole trunk Lid is going to need to be replaced so that’s the only reason I was contemplating this.

Do you guys think it will look good even though all my trim parts are high gloss black? Or should I stick with the OEM base wing in high glass black?

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Yep the spoiler in the whole trunk Lid is going to need to be replaced so that’s the only reason I was contemplating this.

Do you guys think it will look good even though all my trim parts are high gloss black? Or should I stick with the OEM base wing in high glass black?
Sure you can always paint the wing if it doesn’t look good. I doubt anyone will notice. I have actually considered doing it but I really like the base wing.

totally sucks about the accident, hopefully it wasn’t an illegal without insurance.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts

Will it look good…? It will look AWESOME! The CF goes well with gloss black. I have gloss black stripes and it all works nicely.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car
Grille Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Have you called Function Factory?

Reactions: simba47 and Goose17

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Reactions: simba47

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
774 Posts
I just can't find a damn wing now. Anderson looks like they are back ordered 4-6 mths.
i actually spoke to AC today (they are about 7 mins from my place). they said they have 60 backordered cftp rear wings and at least a 9 mos wait time. they said it takes them 1 week to make 1 cftp rear wing. best to go with another brand. the FFP looks good. not sure about the vicrez one though...

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
Happy to see you have my wing side pane decals. I designed those for Bemaro. My initial rough outline that I sent Benjamin is below. They have been popular. The wing looks fabulous on your car!

View attachment 243603 View attachment 243604
Thank you Tim I appreciate that, Well your design is cool, I couldn't decide at the time to go with clear look or Race Red. Happy with the clear look. great design TIM(y):love:

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
I’ll also toss this one in from another page @Goose17 reccomended in 2021. It’s on sale $879 right now non CF gloss black.

That is where I got mine took 4 months but my understanding it is a shorter wait now. Plus they're less expensive still high Quality my Detailing guy friend said the CF was perfectly done. Yes they have Glossy black or CF which is nice. They're a Good choice

·
Registered
774 Posts
That is where I got mine took 4 months but my understanding it is a shorter wait now. Plus they're less expensive still high Quality my Detailing guy friend said the CF was perfectly done. Yes they have Glossy black or CF which is nice. They're a Good choice
the vicrez cf wing, it has visible screws on the sides though right? they're not hidden or maybe at the very least you could use black ones?

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
the vicrez cf wing, it has visible screws on the sides though right? they're not hidden or maybe at the very least you could use black ones?
Yes they do, the screws are black but visible, I guess you could cover and seal them. My PPF guy mention that before. But it doesn't bother me, although I wish it wasn't like that But I think several other after market Wings are that way also? Not sure.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes they do, the screws are black but visible, I guess you could cover and seal them. My PPF guy mention that before. But it doesn't bother me, although I wish it wasn't like that But I think several other after market Wings are that way also? Not sure.
the auto-haus cftp has exposed screws that are silver but they said they can powder coat them black. still visible though. i am fairly sure that the FFP unit is screwless and thus it is just like the OEM one, AFAIK.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts