Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it looks great, and it saves you from buying a new suspension... because it effectively lowers the car by 2" just by doing this!

I am doing mine while the car is up for the winter.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It really does look good with all the pieces painted, but I prefer leaving them black. I was at a show in Savannah yesterday and a guy had just the rocker panels painted. That just didn't look right at all to me. IMO, the black makes the car appear more narrow top to bottom, which makes it look longer and sleeker. And I think it separates the Shelby from the GTs that all have the painted pieces.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It really does look good with all the pieces painted, but I prefer leaving them black. I was at a show in Savannah yesterday and a guy had just the rocker panels painted. That just didn't look right at all to me. IMO, the black makes the car appear more narrow top to bottom, which makes it look longer and sleeker. And I think it separates the Shelby from the GTs that all have the painted pieces.
+1:zlurking:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Honestly, I think that it comes down to personal preference on this one. Personally, I don't think that I'll ever paint mine, but it does look good and I can see how someone would want want to does this. :lookaround:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good. Now you just need to paint your mirror mounts and hood vents :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
I like it...

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
I think it looks good on the red, but it really depends on the color to me. On my vapor, I don't think I would paint them, the black offsets nice and the rock chips would drive me nuts. Sn8kbyt, it looks nice on the black, but it's much more subtle than the red.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts