• Vista Blue

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to start a poll on color combinations once I get them all. Should have posted this under site polls. Live and learn.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Performance White with Vista Blue stripes.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Any guesses as to most popular and least popular color? I will take a shot and say, most popular - torch red and least popular - Grabber orange. But then again beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I am sure 07 and busababy will go with torch red as most popular.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Any guesses as to most popular and least popular color? I will take a shot and say, most popular - torch red and least popular - Grabber orange. But then again beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I am sure 07 and busababy will go with torch red as most popular.:D

Torch Red is definitely the fastest with Performance White a close 2nd.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Alloy metallic is invisible to police radar.:D
That may be true, but I think alloy is a little slower than Vista Blue. ;) :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
they are all slower than tungsten.....its a science

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I beg to differ, cornfay. Blue is definitely faster, and here's why...

The color you see for a particular pigment is caused by the reflection or absorption of different wave lengths of light. A blue pigment absorbs all wave lengths except blue, which is reflected. As we learned in physics class through the "Roy G Biv" convention, red is the lowest wave length of visible light, while blue is close to the highest wave length. Wave length of light is directly proportional to energy it contains. The higher reflected energy of a blue car causes higher levels of excitement of the air molecules around the car, causing a low pressure pocket to form around the vehicle. This low pressure allows the car to slip through the air more freely, thus making it faster. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
i want whatever your on, i tell you what we can race mine vs yours and then i will spray paint my car violet and see how much of a difference it makes, and by the way if you expect me to believe all that above i am goping to have to check your sources and I am going to beed refrences cuz it sounds made up.

And by the way you better get rid of those stripes cuz they will do nothing but slow you down hahaha

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
What? You don't believe me? Why would I lie to you guys? :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

The color you see for a particular pigment is caused by the reflection or absorption of different wave lengths of light. A blue pigment absorbs all wave lengths except blue, which is reflected. As we learned in physics class through the "Roy G Biv" convention, red is the lowest wave length of visible light, while blue is close to the highest wave length. Wave length of light is directly proportional to energy it contains. The higher reflected energy of a blue car causes higher levels of excitement of the air molecules around the car, causing a low pressure pocket to form around the vehicle. This low pressure allows the car to slip through the air more freely, thus making it faster. :D

Look at this.This is why you are Prez.I think you are just to smart to have a Shelby!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is some great stuff. I am really enjoying this.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
78 Posts

Nice try Pretzel. Not. Since you accurately point out that RED, roughly 850 nM is the lower end of the visible spectrum, then, without going into all the math, RED is always the first to arrive - followed by all the colors and ending in blue (actually violet).

So, RED always arrives first (just do a spectrum analysis of any star, red is the first to hit the photo tube), BLUE always arrives last. Why? Because Albert Einstein and way too many 'ludes says so ;-)

Now you know WHY I ordered a Torch Red GT500. I get one billionth of a second higher ET's in the 1/4 mile than a Blue GT500.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice try Pretzel. Not. Since you accurately point out that RED, roughly 850 nM is the lower end of the visible spectrum, then, without going into all the math, RED is always the first to arrive - followed by all the colors and ending in blue (actually violet).

So, RED always arrives first (just do a spectrum analysis of any star, red is the first to hit the photo tube), BLUE always arrives last. Why? Because Albert Einstein and way too many 'ludes says so ;-)

Now you know WHY I ordered a Torch Red GT500. I get one billionth of a second higher ET's in the 1/4 mile than a Blue GT500.
Did someone mention ROHR, who knew that my first load in the Shaker 1000 would amount to this? Jimmy I know your are up there, what have you to say? Wireless we have to get together!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rember it's not the gun it's the shooter!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I feel like I am walking in sludge! Is it getting deep around here?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Ah ha! Since you mention stars and the color spectrum, allow me to retort. When stars are moving away from a relative position, the light waves emitted are streched, thus shifting the light toward the red end of the spectrum (AKA red-shift). Conversely, stars moving toward a relative position contract the light toward the blue spectrum (blue-shift).

Therefore, in relation to the finish line in a race, regardless whose car is faster, it will always turn blue. Physics is telling you blue is better!!!
:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts