Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
ssss07 said:
I think the surprise would be as to how many people tell the truth.
I agree. The relatively large number of "Under MSRP" votes seems a little suspicious to me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
rpretzel said:
I agree. The relatively large number of "Under MSRP" votes seems a little suspicious to me.
I agree too...A speck over 50% paying MSRP or below seems suspicious...I hope I'm wrong though. Of all the GT500 sites I've visited these numbers are not indicative of the nationwide trend...What gives? :confused:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Maybe the only people who were willing to admit the price they paid were the ones who got great deals. Everyone who paid $20K+ over MSRP is too embarrassed to post. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
888 Posts
rpretzel said:
Maybe the only people who were willing to admit the price they paid were the ones who got great deals. Everyone who paid $20K+ over MSRP is too embarrassed to post. :rolleyes:
I think you are probably right, rpretzel. I have voted on a couple of these polls, but I am not encouraged to do it because I had to pay over MSRP. Everyone that gets theirs at or below MSRP is quick to point it out and more than happy to put in their vote plus post a paragraph exclaiming it to the world! And sometimes, while they are at it, they point out how stupid I am for paying over the MSRP!

More than one of these guys have had to eat their words because the dealerships have backed out on the original deals. But, the votes don't get changed to show that.

In the long run, we will never actually know what percentage of folks actually got their cars at or below MSRP. But, I believe they are going to be the fortunate few!

·
Registered
154 Posts
So true. I pay no attention to those polls. Like many, I too had to pay over MSRP for my hopefully to arrive soon Shelby. Am I proud of this? :mad: No. But nobody twisted my arm. I'm 48 yrs young and have wanted a Shelby ever since I was old enough to drive. I was planning on going for a 2008 Shelby, but the unknown regarding MSRP and finance rates a year from now led me to pursue a 2007 now at MSRP "+". I plan on keeping this car many many years and passing it on down the line one day.:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
2008Shelby said:
So true. I pay no attention to those polls. Like many, I too had to pay over MSRP for my hopefully to arrive soon Shelby. Am I proud of this? :mad: No. But nobody twisted my arm. I'm 48 yrs young and have wanted a Shelby ever since I was old enough to drive. I was planning on going for a 2008 Shelby, but the unknown regarding MSRP and finance rates a year from now led me to pursue a 2007 now at MSRP "+". I plan on keeping this car many many years and passing it on down the line one day.:D

Ditto!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Oldimp

Could not have said it better myself.

Just visited Northport Ford here in New York and dealer was asking $25,000 over MSRP for a convertible in grabber orange with not options.

They also were to receive a coupe in black in four weeks and were asking the same.

Those paying MSRP and below are definetely few and far between bull.....

·
Banned
70 Posts
Just got off the phone where I talked to 10 Ford dealers across the country. These are cars already sold not currently for sale
6 in Florida, 1 in utah, 2 in Georgia and 1 in California, ( the ones in Florida I know the others came off the internet). I know this is very unscientific but not one is selling at msrp. The cheapest I found was 5k over, the most expensive, now get this was 49k over msrp. I know the salesman that sold the 49k over so im sure it is right. One guy told me he was getting his for 2k over but his dealer said noooooooo 10k. Now maybe the dealers are the ones not being honest here but that poll cant be right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got a look at the 07 Shelby at a dealer about 20 miles from where I live. They are getting 4 and the first one is there. The man that was going to buy it has died and its looking for a home/ Its black with tungston stripes fully loaded. They are giving it away at 23,800 over msrp. I just about fell over. He said they have all four sold at this price. Now if I can get mine out of the chicken coupe

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think you are probably right, rpretzel. I have voted on a couple of these polls, but I am not encouraged to do it because I had to pay over MSRP. Everyone that gets theirs at or below MSRP is quick to point it out and more than happy to put in their vote plus post a paragraph exclaiming it to the world! And sometimes, while they are at it, they point out how stupid I am for paying over the MSRP!

More than one of these guys have had to eat their words because the dealerships have backed out on the original deals. But, the votes don't get changed to show that.

In the long run, we will never actually know what percentage of folks actually got their cars at or below MSRP. But, I believe they are going to be the fortunate few!
I agree with what your saying and I feel just lucky to have had allocation on one ....not too happy on the price (ADM) 7k over msrp but it still not as high as others...its all about wanting this car, or better the need of owning , one of the beat mustangs ever built......just my opition.........

·
Registered
888 Posts
I agree with what your saying and I feel just lucky to have had allocation on one ....not too happy on the price (ADM) 7k over msrp but it still not as high as others...its all about wanting this car, or better the need of owning , one of the beat mustangs ever built......just my opition.........
I would say you have a "modest" ADM! No mark-up is good, but yours is a lot better than a lot of them we've seen! Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
we here @ courtesy ford in conyers georgia have one avail for $ 78,452 which is the going rate in the atlanta area my name is william watson and i can be reached at 770-922-5500 or on my cell @ 404-789-8233

·
Banned
70 Posts
we here @ courtesy ford in conyers georgia have one avail for $ 78,452 which is the going rate in the atlanta area my name is william watson and i can be reached at 770-922-5500 or on my cell @ 404-789-8233
to be able to demand that kind of mark up why would dealer be advertising on a site like this. btw coutesy ford, i know a dealer in the atlanta area who claims to have sold his at msrp...(shrug)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I think we should have a posted announcement for all dealers visiting this site that tells them not to bother posting GT500 posts unless their ADM is less than $10K.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ya right! How bout' I give you $80K...you give me the car and the right to service your ol' lady for the next five years...:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ya right! How bout' I give you $80K...you give me the car and the right to service your ol' lady for the next five years...:D

Shelbywise I thought I had a poty mouth.LOL;) Well I do have a poty mouth and I like that "the right to service your ol' lady for the next five years".I can't stop laughing.

Hey mister salesman I think you better go somewhere else and sell your snake oil.The people on this forum are truely passionate about this Shelby and they don't want to hear what you are gouging your customers for.If you can get that much in Atlanta,tap the heals on your little RED shoes and go home.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If $80k is the going rate, why hasn't it gone already? I wonder, do you get a kiss when you pay $80k for a Shelby? I like to be kissed while I am getting the service! I haven't actually paid for the service before, perhaps you don't get the kiss when you pay for it.

I'm confused. And old. But I love my Shelby!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts