Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 98F here and everyone is whinning to high heaven.Tomorrow is suppose to be 100F.They don't know if they will have enough people to build cars tomorrow.I sure hope so.

You guys are going to have to excuse me most of this week.My Shelby started late today in the Body Shop.I took a couple pictures but it is just the front 1/2 of the floor pan.I have helped a great many people here but this is my week,sorry.I am doing everything I can do to speed mine up,pulling every favor in I can muster.I will take plenty of pictures.So I am going to be very busy for me for a change.If I don't get back with you in a timely manner that is why.I am very excited and have waited a very long time like most of you here to get to this point.I am already very tired.I will try to keep you posted when I have time.They still expect me to work too,imagine that!What nerve.LOL........later............................07.................................

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
No problem 07. We all appreciate the great info you offer. Congrats on the build.

BTW, throw some of those 'favors' my way. :D I just want to get off material hold.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot I bought a radar/laser detector and it came today.I bought a Bel Pro RX65.Has anyone used an active laser jammer and if so what manufacturer,model,does it work,any thoughts?I am looking for some feedback,everyone has an opinion.Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rpretzel said:
No problem 07. We all appreciate the great info you offer. Congrats on the build.

BTW, throw some of those 'favors' my way. :D I just want to get off material hold.

rpretzel,
I feel your pain.I have heard it over and over again.The favors are running on empty fast.Material hold just means your Shelby is not ready to be built yet.It isn't high on the food chain.That I can't do anything about,except pray.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I forgot I bought a radar/laser detector and it came today.I bought a Bel Pro RX65.Has anyone used an active laser jammer and if so what manufacturer,model,does it work,any thoughts?I am looking for some feedback,everyone has an opinion.Thanks for your input.

After years of swearing by Valentine 1, I bought and RX65 because it didn't false (Laser) in my wife's FX35. The Infiniti has the laser speed control as well as a sensor that shows if you're crossing a line (side of the road, etc).

Just that small amount made my V1 go nuts. I had Valentine goof with it trying to make it work with the car, and "no go".

Anyway...read about the RX65 on Radar.com and it was HUGE. Couldn't buy them in stores. Got one off eBay. THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

I normally hate using them, but with an "Arrest Me" red Shelby I'll need all the help I can get.

Now, as for your "jammer", check your email.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VNMOUS1 said:

After years of swearing by Valentine 1, I bought and RX65 because it didn't false (Laser) in my wife's FX35. The Infiniti has the laser speed control as well as a sensor that shows if you're crossing a line (side of the road, etc).

Just that small amount made my V1 go nuts. I had Valentine goof with it trying to make it work with the car, and "no go".

Anyway...read about the RX65 on Radar.com and it was HUGE. Couldn't buy them in stores. Got one off eBay. THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

I normally hate using them, but with an "Arrest Me" red Shelby I'll need all the help I can get.

bj

Thanks bud I appreciate it.Need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:

bj
Can I get that same email? [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my RX65, drive everywhere with it. Purchased it after getting a citation, with a 2 hour old passport. It didn't even go off when the officer was parked right behind me....The RX65 has saved me many times....

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gofastturnleft said:
Love my RX65, drive everywhere with it. Purchased it after getting a citation, with a 2 hour old passport. It didn't even go off when the officer was parked right behind me....The RX65 has saved me many times....

Great, any feedback on the active laser jammers?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VNOUMS1 they want you man!

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
VNOUMS1 they want you man!

Yeah, don't they all? :cool:

OK kids, here's the deal.As previously mentioned in this thread, the BEL RX65 detector kicks major league butt. I was an "arrows" desciple for a long time and thought the V1 could do no wrong. But, it was me that was wrong.

That said, technology has come a long way in the past couple of years and this includes radar jamming devices. IF you have a unit like the RX65, there's a "no brainer" option for you for a plug and play jammer that works in sync with the detector for a "one unit", integrated system. But, this BEL unit isn't the highest rated (albeit rated very well). Take a look at this site http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=8502
and you'll get the details. I've also found this site to be the very best at uncovering problems with equipment.

Read, enjoy and drive safely.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Busababy your mail box is full.You need to delete some PM's.I need to talk to you.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi guys.I haven't been on the computer all day.It was a hot one today.It was 102F at 11:00 this morning.
My car is moving very quickly.I am getting a lot of help at work(this is going to cost me a lot of rides).It started in the Body Shop yesterday at 4:00pm.I watched it most of the day today.It is through the Paint Shop now (beautiful paint job).going to have it shipped tomorrow morning to Trim and Final so I can watch it be built there.There is so much to say but I am very tired.Trying to keep you updated.......later.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's great.Hard to explain.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Hi guys.I haven't been on the computer all day.It was a hot one today.It was 102F at 11:00 this morning.
My car is moving very quickly.I am getting a lot of help at work(this is going to cost me a lot of rides).It started in the Body Shop yesterday at 4:00pm.I watched it most of the day today.It is through the Paint Shop now (beautiful paint job).going to have it shipped tomorrow morning to Trim and Final so I can watch it be built there.There is so much to say but I am very tired.Trying to keep you updated.......later.
There's a great article in the Sept Motor Trend where a journalist follows his Mustang GT through the build process. Assembly started at 8:50pm. Final inspection takes 5 minutes, between 3:10 and 3:15am. It rolls off the line at 3:20 when the wipers, lights and horn are checked. It then gets started and driven to a holding lot....the one I lovingly refer to as Hell or The Chicken Coop.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VNMOUS1 said:
There's a great article in the Sept Motor Trend where a journalist follows his Mustang GT through the build process. Assembly started at 8:50pm. Final inspection takes 5 minutes, between 3:10 and 3:15am. It rolls off the line at 3:20 when the wipers, lights and horn are checked. It then gets started and driven to a holding lot....the one I lovingly refer to as Hell or The Chicken Coop.

bj

The media never ceases to amaze me.We are at 65 jobs per hour and it takes us 2 to 2.5 days.5 minutes for an inspection?I will have to tell them that at work,they are taking way to long.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts