Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Thank you, I really appreciate that. Of course, his name was Austin Michael Lobato.

The first picture was his first trip to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup when he was almost a year old. I may have influenced his obsession slightly, but he loved Mustangs.
View attachment 261605

He loved camping and being outside.
he was the best big brother in the world. He’d do anything for his little sister.
View attachment 261611
View attachment 261610
View attachment 261607

He was a huge goofball and his one goal in life was to make people laugh and he succeeded every single day. For Halloween he was going to wear a hot dog costume and witch hat to be a wicked wiener.
View attachment 261612

He was super active and loved sports. His latest passion was football. The pictures here are from the day he passed. It was his last game and last touchdown. I couldn’t be more proud of that kid!
View attachment 261608
View attachment 261609
View attachment 261606
Thanks, I submitted my registration a couple weeks ago, and submitted to get LILBUDY to honor him.
Chad,
Thank you for sharing your pics of Austin. Love that wicked wiener costume! Definitely get the LILBUDY plate, that would be awesome!

· Registered
2021 GT500
507 Posts
Thanks, I submitted my registration a couple weeks ago, and submitted to get LILBUDY to honor him.
I use the exact name for my son.

I agree with Tim, mash the pedal my friend. I will do the same and remember yours as will every member on this forum.

· Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Twister Orange
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Chad,
Thank you for sharing your pics of Austin. Love that wicked wiener costume! Definitely get the LILBUDY plate, that would be awesome!
Thanks. As soon as my plates come in, I’ll post up pictures. I gave two other alternatives that are also tributes to Austin, but LILBUDY is definitely my first choice.

· Registered
2020 Twister Orange GT500
2,007 Posts
I see more than a Vols hat Chris!! You mounted the CF wheels!! Damn it I love your car!!!
Thanks Rick! I finally got my wheel studs swapped out this past weekend, and I mounted the new wheels Saturday night. Very happy with them.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
Thanks. As soon as my plates come in, I’ll post up pictures. I gave two other alternatives that are also tributes to Austin, but LILBUDY is definitely my first choice.
We have an official plate thread! Can’t wait for you to add his plate to it and honor his memory. My best buddy turned 14 this month. He guides just about everything I do with my 500. I’m going to find a #5 and add it to my back window for Austin.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Chad, I saw the edge Mustang in one of your pics. Any other Mustangs over the years?
Yeah, I’ve had a few cars over the years but I always find my way back to the Mustangs. My first car was an 89 LX 5.0 hatchback. Then a 90 GT hatchback, then 88 GT hatchback. I also had a 96 Cobra, and then the red 04 Mach 1 in the picture.

We have an official plate thread! Can’t wait for you to add his plate to it and honor his memory. My best buddy turned 14 this month. He guides just about everything I do with my 500. I’m going to find a #5 and add it to my back window for Austin.
I’ve been going through the license plate thread anxiously awaiting my plates to come. I’ll definitely post in there when they come.

I hear ya, Austin guided everything that I did.

That is too cool, thank you! Related to that, I had tickets to take Austin to his first Broncos game the day after he passed. I went big and had 5th row seats right behind the end zone. Well, we didn’t get to go obviously, and the Broncos caught word of it. They then set us up with field passes and tickets for the next home game, and my buddies got me, my wife and daughter all #5 jerseys with Austin on the back. The Broncos put up a tribute note for him at halftime.

Smile World Sky Player Grass

Sports equipment World Fan Flat panel display Display device

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Yeah, I’ve had a few cars over the years but I always find my way back to the Mustangs. My first car was an 89 LX 5.0 hatchback. Then a 90 GT hatchback, then 88 GT hatchback. I also had a 96 Cobra, and then the red 04 Mach 1 in the picture.

I’ve been going through the license plate thread anxiously awaiting my plates to come. I’ll definitely post in there when they come.

I hear ya, Austin guided everything that I did.

That is too cool, thank you! Related to that, I had tickets to take Austin to his first Broncos game the day after he passed. I went big and had 5th row seats right behind the end zone. Well, we didn’t get to go obviously, and the Broncos caught word of it. They then set us up with field passes and tickets for the next home game, and my buddies got me, my wife and daughter all #5 jerseys with Austin on the back. The Broncos put up a tribute note for him at halftime.

View attachment 261619
View attachment 261618
That’s awesome!

You obviously have excellent taste in cars. My 1st Mustang was an ‘89 LX 5.0 Hatch in Bright Regatta Blue. I learned to drive manual on that car. My 2nd Mustang was/is a ‘97 Cobra Convertible in Rio Red. My 3rd Mustang is the ‘22 Shelby, back to blue.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
First and foremost, My deepest condolences for the loss of your son. 🙏

I am not bias, I love those Twister Orange Shelby's, she's beautiful Chad.

Yes, like others have mention, every time you mash the fun pedal it is a tribute to your son, very cute boy by the way.

Welcome and enjoy your Shelby GT500;):)

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
Thanks Rick! I finally got my wheel studs swapped out this past weekend, and I mounted the new wheels Saturday night. Very happy with them.
View attachment 261617
[/QUOTE
Chris, I am even more in love with your Mistress, first my favorite color, now she's sporting purdy Carbon Fiber wheels:love:

Awesome.;)

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

· Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
Chris, I’m speechless…… I can’t tell you what it means to me that you would do that. I’m blown away. Thank you.
Absolutely Chad, anytime we roll he will roll with us.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
Absolutely Chad, anytime we roll he will roll with us.
Chris, this may be a dumb question, so sorry in advance, the 5 is for the Bronco Jersey Numbers the family wore yes?

You doing this is Very cool Chris. I like to do something similar.

It is such a tragedy when a parents have to see there children die, at any age, But Chad son was so young.

You're a good guy Chris.🙏

21 - 40 of 42 Posts