Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my shelby gt500 intoday for some missing weatherstrips and decided to go with the ford racing cold airintake and computer calibration.they stated need to get info of computer send it to ford and than when they get info back than they can go ahead with the cold airintake and computer calibration.im looking forward to the airintake anyone have any pics of the cold airintake from ford racing or is it the same one on the kr models?
thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's the same as KR.

·
Registered
411 Posts
took my shelby gt500 intoday for some missing weatherstrips and decided to go with the ford racing cold airintake and computer calibration.they stated need to get info of computer send it to ford and than when they get info back than they can go ahead with the cold airintake and computer calibration.im looking forward to the airintake anyone have any pics of the cold airintake from ford racing or is it the same one on the kr models?
thanks
Will the dealer tune it as well? How does that tune compare to others?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes dealer stated inorder for me to keep my warranty valid they need to to the computer tune.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
anyone have any pics of the cold airintake from ford racing or is it the same one on the kr models?
thanks
Here's mine. It has the older style airbox, the newer ones have a truncated front corner nearest the radiator cover. Make sure your dealer returns the Procal II tuner to you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's mine. It has the older style airbox, the newer ones have a truncated front corner nearest the radiator cover. Make sure your dealer returns the Procal II tuner to you.

looks great are all the filters in blue?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
what is a procal tuner?
It's a hand-held device for programming the car's PCM with the performance calibration for the CAI. It also stores off the stock calibration so you can restore it if you ever decide to re-install the stock airbox. The new Procal tool also allows you to adjust your speedometer to compensate for changes you make to rearend gear ratio and tire size. See the following link for more details.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578&highlight=Procal

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as soon as dealer gets the new program in i will dyno the car when theres 1000 miles on the car.i did the oil change 2day with the ford racing oil filter and ford 5/50 oil.im looking forward to the cai.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I'm anxious to see your results. That was to be my next project, but I'll wait to see your numbers. How much did the whole thing cost thru the dealer?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Only performance mods I have are the FRPP CAI/Tune and FRPP catbacks. Numbers are in my sig. Don't have a scanner but the guy at the shop said my AF looked good.

Here they are:

2008 Triple Black GT500 Convertible
FRPP CAI/Tune, FRPP 'KR' mufflers
Max Power = 503.58 Max Torque = 485.16 DynoJet 4/11/2009

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
great #rs dads72im going to have installed tomorrow price is 900 installed.i saw a thread 2010 dynoed at 511 wow i would be happy if mine will dyno 489-490 at the wheels after the upgrade.i thought the only diffrence from the 08-10 model is the cai and tune is there more?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts