Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Welcome new members! (please check in)

254K views 3K replies 705 participants last post by  Goose17 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Re: Welcome new members!

Ok I'll start the ball rolling. I've been here for a while but never really get the opportunity to post much. I'm Colin and I live in Frederick MD. My car is a black 2012 GT500 SVTPP with Recaros, it was originally a stripe delete car but I've since added some flat black trans-am style stripes to it. Mods currently are Shelby/C&R dual pass HE with fans, Reische 170 deg. tstat, FRPP res delete, VMP 2.59 pulley/tune, FRPP CJ 65mm throttle body and VMP big elbow, Bob's Ultimate Catch Can, Aeroforce gauges in SOS pillar mount.

I have some BMR stuff ready to install once the weather gets warmer here. BMR LCA's with relocation brackets and BMR UCA with mount. Here are a couple pics of the car. The plate is mounted to a Craig's custom bracket so no holes in the bumper!

Colin

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/DSC_0528.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/Mustangs008.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/DSC_0402.jpg

#11 ·

Ok I'll start the ball rolling. I've been here for a while but never really get the opportunity to post much. I'm Colin and I live in Frederick MD. My car is a black 2012 GT500 SVTPP with Recaros, it was originally a stripe delete car but I've since added some flat black trans-am style stripes to it. Mods currently are Shelby/C&R dual pass HE with fans, Reische 170 deg. tstat, FRPP res delete, VMP 2.59 pulley/tune, FRPP CJ 65mm throttle body and VMP big elbow, Bob's Ultimate Catch Can, Aeroforce gauges in SOS pillar mount.

I have some BMR stuff ready to install once the weather gets warmer here. BMR LCA's with relocation brackets and BMR UCA with mount. Here are a couple pics of the car. The plate is mounted to a Craig's custom bracket so no holes in the bumper!

Colin

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/DSC_0528.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/Mustangs008.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/frederick123_2007/2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP/DSC_0402.jpg
Colin, trans am stripes look fantastic!

#7 · (Edited)

I'm a newbie. (at least as far as this site is concerned) Been a Mustang guy from the beginning, bought my first car, a Mustang, in '72 when I was 17. Lucked into a fairly rare car, a '65 K-code conv which I still have. Paid $525.00 for it. (Please don't offer me $600.00 for it now).

I just bought my '09 GT500 and LOVE it! I didn't care for the redesign in 2010. I'm not sure how far into modding I'll be able to afford on what I make but I do know that I want a pulley and tune. Previous owner added a FRPP CAI and 65mm TB along with a ProCal tune from Ford. (Thanks Fred)

I love what I see on this site. Both info and personalities.
I hope to be more than a newbie lowlife at some point.

Attachments

#12 ·
Welcome new members!

I'm a newbie. (at least as far as this site is concerned) Been a Mustang guy from the beginning, bought my first car, a Mustang, in '72 when I was 17. Lucked into a fairly rare car, a '65 K-code conv which I still have. Paid $525.00 for it. (Please don't offer me $600.00 for it now).

I just bought my '09 GT500 and LOVE it! I didn't care for the redesign in 2010. I'm not sure how far into modding I'll be able to afford on what I make but I do know that I want a pulley and tune. Previous owner added a FRPP CAI and 65mm TB along with a ProCal tune from Ford. (Thanks Fred)

I love what I see on this site. Both info and personalities.
I hope to be more than a newbie lowlife at some point.
Post up a picture of the 65 if you have one handy.

Welcome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Welcome new members!

Good thread goose thanks, I have tried to sticky it from my phone so we will see if it worked.

#14 ·

Ill go again. I’m David from West Virginia. 54 years young and kind of new to the Mustang world. I’ve been a Pontiac fan for years having owned several rare TA’s. A Blue white striped 1972 TA with a 455 High Output 4 speed car less than 200 built, and a red 1974 Super Duty 455 auto trans car 731 built. So I’m not new to the muscle car world. A list of Mustangs I’ve owned are a 1981 Mustang coupe with a 4 banger. Yes you heard it right, a 4 banger.:silly: Next was a white 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 auto that the ex got in the divorce.:fight: I did get to take it out a few times by myself.:grinbiginvert: I think I up her one with my Shelby.:)

#16 ·

Guess I'm next: I'm Fred from Easton, MD. Bought a 2010 just a year ago with 1400 miles. Had a 02 GT vert that I got stock with 40,000 miles in 08 that I had a little fun with. Been mostly a truck person in my driving life. A month ago I added another SVT: 2013 Raptor, Oxford white with just about every option except the step. GT500 has many mods and a set of Alcoa's wrapped in PSS's waiting for good weather to put on. Thanks!

#18 ·
#20 ·

My name is Clint......and I am a modaholic....

Soon you "newbies" will be too thanks to all the great info on this site!

#2,219 ·

My name is Clint......and I am a modaholic....

Soon you "newbies" will be too thanks to all the great info on this site!
im new to forums, but not Mustangs, Im on no14, 2000GT convertible.. bone stock for now. and im a heavy Modaholic, I mod everything my truck is a 550HP 7.3 my wifes minivan has a JDM motor and a pending Turbo all m ycomputers guitars amps and even videogames and software programs get modded,,, my PC is built in a WWII mine detector case

#24 ·

Nice cars warbirds!

#27 ·
#29 · (Edited)

How Fellas's Im a new member from the great communist state of California.. I just purchased a 2011 Kona Blue Gt500 with the SVT and Nav package, with 16k miles... Love the car.. Im not a ford/chevy/Dodge loyalist.. I have one loyality.. American cars.. I also have a 2006 Viper Coupe, 2006 Z06, 2008 Escalade EXT(pickup) 1972 Cuda, 1966 GTO, 1975 Trans, and a 1968 Firebird.. So, I heard alot of good things about these Mustang.. I traded in my Fat Pig SRT8 Challenger on this... I am impressed.. and looking forward to getting out of warranty :) I do have a question, whats the widest rear wheel and tire you can drop on these cars.. Thanks

Kevin

#30 ·

How Fellas's Im a new member from the great communist state of California.. I just purchased a 2011 Kona Blue Gt500 with the SVT and Nav package, with 16k miles... Love the car.. Im not a ford/chevy/Dodge loyalist.. I have one loyality.. American cars.. I also have a 2006 Viper Coupe, 2006 Z06, 2008 Escalade EXT(pickup) 1972 Cuda, 1966 GTO, 1975 Trans, and a 1968 Firebird.. So, I heard alot of good things about these Mustang.. I traded in my Fat Pig SRT8 Challenger on this... I am impressed.. and looking forward to getting out of warranty :) I do have a question, whats the widest rear wheel and tire you can drop on these cars.. Thanks

Kevin

Hello and welcome! Beautiful GT500 and nice collection. Without any rear-end mods, you can go with a 295 tire on the stock 9.5" rim, or a 305 on a 10" rim. Going wider requires a little modification. Look for Cool Cobra, he has gone wider.

#31 ·

Thanks for the info.. Im going with Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels.. 19x9 and 20x11 with 265 up front and 315 in the rear..problem is they are back order.. FML, also, what do you think the stocker SVT's can go for.. the tires are shot... rims are great shape..

#32 ·

Thanks for the info.. Im going with Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels.. 19x9 and 20x11 with 265 up front and 315 in the rear..problem is they are back order.. FML, also, what do you think the stocker SVT's can go for.. the tires are shot... rims are great shape..
Run a search on rims for sale. You get an idea of what guys are asking.

#38 ·

Hey guys!

Just sold this Saturday:

2003 Saleen S281 S/C

Just picked this up on Monday:

2010 Kona Blue, Silver Stripes, 16K Miles.

Would love to get some good direction on where to head with the first mods. Excited to be a part of this community!
Welcome!

1. Cooling dual fan heat exchanger
2. Better rear tires
3. Springs, tokico d-specs, heavy duty strut mounts, Uca an lca with relo brackets
4. MGW shifter
5. VMP TVS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.