Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1897 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
32 Posts
By the way, I see you are in Denton... we are neighbors!
Yes sir. And in the same industry is appears. Although, from the looks of it, we're on opposite sides of the tracks. ;)

Thanks for the car kudos. I wish I could keep her that clean all the time. Hope you're staying busy with all of the crazy going on. A friend of mine drives 73's for Delta and hasn't been in the air much lately.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,786 Posts
Welcome Jeff! Nice ride for sure. I’m local to you as well. Tim should keep you in mind for any local activity; stuff like the drive we went on not too long ago that was a blast.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,843
Yes sir. And in the same industry is appears. Although, from the looks of it, we're on opposite sides of the tracks. ;)

Thanks for the car kudos. I wish I could keep her that clean all the time. Hope you're staying busy with all of the crazy going on. A friend of mine drives 73's for Delta and hasn't been in the air much lately.
PM sent

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
26 Posts
New Member.

2021 Rapid Red GT500 TBD. On the list, deposit paid...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,845
New Member.

2021 Rapid Red GT500 TBD. On the list, deposit paid...
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself. The color is the same for 2021, but the name changed to something like Lucid Red Pearl if I recall correctly.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum issues.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
26 Posts
Will do. I guess I must be getting old as I was struggling to edit my signature etc.

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
15 Posts
Introducing myself to the Forum here. Current owner of a Chevy Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition but put down a deposit for a Shelby GT500 Performance Blue Base and moving over to Ford...hoping a 2020 but more than likely getting bumped to a 2021 model...out of Rochester NY. ~Chris

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
Introducing myself to the Forum here. Current owner of a Chevy Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition but put down a deposit for a Shelby GT500 Performance Blue Base and moving over to Ford...hoping a 2020 but more than likely getting bumped to a 2021 model...out of Rochester NY. ~Chris
Welcome to the forum Chris and thanks for introducing yourself! It’s nice to see the mighty Shelby GT500 lured a Camaro owner... you are going to frigg’n LOVE the car!

There is a good Mustang Club in Rochester. A friend of mine is a member there... he and I did a cruise with them in his 2020 GT500. When you come to the dark side, holler and I’ll hook you up with them.

Holler if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris and thanks for introducing yourself! It’s nice to see the mighty Shelby GT500 lured a Camaro owner... you are going to frigg’n LOVE the car!

There is a good Mustang Club in Rochester. A friend of mine is a member there... he and I did a cruise with them in his 2020 GT500. When you come to the dark side, holler and I’ll hook you up with them.

Thanks...Rochester is a great town for Cruise nights...unfortunately not too many this year with Covid but over here in the Webster NY area the Shriner's hold one every Friday night. The Log Cabin holds a nice one as well during the week.

Looking at the Shelby it was easy to lure me away from Chevy....call me stupid but as much as I like the new Vette the Shelby as that "IT" factor for me. Went with the classic Performance Blue with the white Stripes to keep it clean but wow...almost changed my mind for red!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,850
Thanks...Rochester is a great town for Cruise nights...unfortunately not too many this year with Covid but over here in the Webster NY area the Shriner's hold one every Friday night. The Log Cabin holds a nice one as well during the week.

Looking at the Shelby it was easy to lure me away from Chevy....call me stupid but as much as I like the new Vette the Shelby as that "IT" factor for me. Went with the classic Performance Blue with the white Stripes to keep it clean but wow...almost changed my mind for red!
View attachment 203802
I know the Mustang club is still meeting up there. We just did the meet and cruise to Niagara Falls a couple months ago. We met up with another Mustang club at the falls.

I’m not a Camaro guy, but that’s a sharp looking car. Your GT500 is going to be MUCH faster though... get ready for pure awesomeness!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, My name is Rob and I am from Southern Cali. Just joined 2 hours ago, Good stuff here. Im a car guy like everyone here. I had a 08, and 2012, gt500, both of them were sent to vegas for the supersnake addition, Both I sold and had different cars throughout the years. I currently have a 2016 Cali T, But true to my heart has always been mustangs. So I started looking 2 months ago for a 2020 Carbon w/painted stripes. More and more are popping up everyday, Just here in Cali they are crazy, 40k to 80k over. Im just waiting on things to cool a bit, no rush for me. Thanks guys!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,852
Hello all, My name is Rob and I am from Southern Cali. Just joined 2 hours ago, Good stuff here. Im a car guy like everyone here. I had a 08, and 2012, gt500, both of them were sent to vegas for the supersnake addition, Both I sold and had different cars throughout the years. I currently have a 2016 Cali T, But true to my heart has always been mustangs. So I started looking 2 months ago for a 2020 Carbon w/painted stripes. More and more are popping up everyday, Just here in Cali they are crazy, 40k to 80k over. Im just waiting on things to cool a bit, no rush for me. Thanks guys!
Welcome to the forum Rob! Thanks for introducing yourself.

Happy hunting for your CFTP! I highly recommend searching outside of California. The prices there are a little nutty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Good afternoon fellow Mustang Owners. My name is Cody and I’ve been a Mustang lover and owner since 1990. I bought the 25th Anniversary edition the day I graduated from High School. I love Mustangs and I just bought my Shelby Cobra GT500 3 weeks ago and I’m in LOVE 🥰 Nice talking to everyone and Thanks too Tim for telling me about this forum.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,855
Good afternoon fellow Mustang Owners. My name is Cody and I’ve been a Mustang lover and owner since 1990. I bought the 25th Anniversary edition the day I graduated from High School. I love Mustangs and I just bought my Shelby Cobra GT500 3 weeks ago and I’m in LOVE 🥰 Nice talking to everyone and Thanks too Tim for telling me about this forum.
Welcome Cody! Thanks for introducing yourself. You can use the rectangle picture upload icon to upload pics of your Shelby to the forum. We’d love to see it!

·
Premium Member
1970 Boss 302, ordered 2020 GT500 Rapid Red w black OTT Base Model
9 Posts
Hello, My name is John and I was born and still live in Alaska. My college wheels back in ‘72 was a mild ‘70 Mach 1. Today I drive my ‘70 Boss 302 on sunny days while I wait for my rapid red/black vinyl stripe GT500 . Vin #3865. I’ll likely leave the car south instead of taking it home. Yet to be determined. I just retired from nearly 40 years of commercial fishing (Seining salmon/Longlining Halibut&BlackCod) and will look forward to my first summer off to travel around the lower 48. I ordered my car through a small dealer in Bellingham, WA and it seems like its been forever...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,857
Hello, My name is John and I was born and still live in Alaska. My college wheels back in ‘72 was a mild ‘70 Mach 1. Today I drive my ‘70 Boss 302 on sunny days while I wait for my rapid red/black vinyl stripe GT500 . Vin #3865. I’ll likely leave the car south instead of taking it home. Yet to be determined. I just retired from nearly 40 years of commercial fishing (Seining salmon/Longlining Halibut&BlackCod) and will look forward to my first summer off to travel around the lower 48. I ordered my car through a small dealer in Bellingham, WA and it seems like its been forever...
Welcome to the forum John and congrats on your pending 2020 Shelby! The GT500 and 70 Boss will look good together.

You can use the picture upload icon (rectangle icon in reply window) to upload pics directly to the forum if you’d like to show your Mustangs. Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Just click on your upper right avatar/account settings/signature to do it.

Holler if you need any forum assistance. Welcome!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,859

·
Premium Member
2014 GT 500
4 Posts
Hi Everyone, My name is Mike and I am from Cato NY, about 30 Miles NW of Syracuse. I have a 2014 GT 500 and a 2020 GT 500 ordered . Just got the window sticker today from Earl so I am happy about that. I also have a Ford bodied 3000 HP Two Wheel Drive pulling truck ! Looking forward to the 2020, hope its as good as you guys say it is . Thanks for all the work you guys do on this page.

1841 - 1860 of 1897 Posts