Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1850 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
35 Posts
Hello All. FNG from NC here. I am in the Advance/Winston-Salem area. I just purchased my 2008 GT500 today that has 28k on the clock. Car is in excellent shape in and out. I plan on daily driving this one until winter arrives. Just wanted to say hello and thanks ahead of time for any guidance you all may have. Not new to Mustangs or cars in general, but my first Shelby.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,822
Hello All. FNG from NC here. I am in the Advance/Winston-Salem area. I just purchased my 2008 GT500 today that has 28k on the clock. Car is in excellent shape in and out. I plan on daily driving this one until winter arrives. Just wanted to say hello and thanks ahead of time for any guidance you all may have. Not new to Mustangs or cars in general, but my first Shelby.
Welcome! Thanks for taking the time to introducing yourself. You can upload pics of your car to share using the red circled icons below. Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Mustang GT Premium
3 Posts
Howdy folks. Well, the short story, I have a 2019 Mustang GT, and love it. However, I got the itch last year to put an order in for a GT500, and of course I am hoping for the CFT version. At this point, patience is a virtue.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,824
Howdy folks. Well, the short story, I have a 2019 Mustang GT, and love it. However, I got the itch last year to put an order in for a GT500, and of course I am hoping for the CFT version. At this point, patience is a virtue.
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Do you know if your dealer has a CFTP allocation?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Mustang GT Premium
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Do you know if your dealer has a CFTP allocation?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.
Roger that, I think I got the signature fixed, thanks for the welcome. The dealership claims they have a golden ticket....we’ll see. I will feel fortunate being able to get “a” GT500 by year’s end. Nice forum you all got here.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,826
Roger that, I think I got the signature fixed, thanks for the welcome. The dealership claims they have a golden ticket....we’ll see. I will feel fortunate being able to get “a” GT500 by year’s end. Nice forum you all got here.
Awesome! I hope it works out for you!

Nice avatar! What jet is that? That’s a Boeing 767 in mine.

·
Premium Member
2019 Mustang GT Premium
3 Posts

That’s a Falcon 2000LX that I’ve been driving since 2010. We have a Legacy 350, and a CJ3.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,829
That’s a Falcon 2000LX that I’ve been driving since 2010. We have a Legacy 350, and a CJ3.
Nice jets! 🤟
Welcome to the forum Duke! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! My wife and I are MN transplants that escaped to TX.

If you go to your account settings, you’ll find a spot to put your vehicle information that then displays under your avatar. Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, just joined the GT500 club as I ordered a 2020 solid orange car. Purchased it at MSRP. Coming from a 2018 Dodge Demon. Should be interesting....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,831
Hey guys, just joined the GT500 club as I ordered a 2020 solid orange car. Purchased it at MSRP. Coming from a 2018 Dodge Demon. Should be interesting....
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on landing a 2020 GT500 at MSRP! 🤟

Are you keeping or selling the Demon?

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500, 2016 Fiesta ST
4 Posts
Hello Michael here from southwestern VA i purchased my 07 gt500 which is a stripe delete performance white car with a 2.6 pulley, jlt 123, twin 65 cj tbody, offroad hpipe and borla stingers and it was dyno tuned by pro dyno and put down 550 horses through 4.10 gears. Car has an rst twin disc and mgw shifter so alot of the beginner essential mods have been done (with mostly the same parts i would have choosen which is why this particular car was ideal. I have had trouble pulling up my original window sticker or any build info. I want to find out if it is a factory stripe delete car. I beleive it may be but i want to know for sure. Anyone on here that could help with that? Id appreciate it! Long time lurker here now a member. Car came with black 20 inch rovos but i recently replaced them with a mostly street going drag setup...forgestar f14 drag pack 17x7 up front with 235/55/17 tires and 17x10.5 rearwith 305/45/17 et street rs. Gunmetal which looks sick with the performance white paint imo. I also added the body color mirror covers as well as a white mgw ball shift prob. That is it for the mods i have added so far but i eventually wanna go 13-14 blower, long tubes, 10% lower (has stock 07 balancer still) and get retuned by lund i love the ngauge and i love their tuning. Near term mods include vmp heat exchanger and a 1 piece ds. Love this car

·
Registered
4 Posts
The vin is 1ZVHT88S975339834 if anyone could please help me find out build info on it to see if it was a factory stripe delete car in particular.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,834
Hello Michael here from southwestern VA i purchased my 07 gt500 which is a stripe delete performance white car with a 2.6 pulley, jlt 123, twin 65 cj tbody, offroad hpipe and borla stingers and it was dyno tuned by pro dyno and put down 550 horses through 4.10 gears. Car has an rst twin disc and mgw shifter so alot of the beginner essential mods have been done (with mostly the same parts i would have choosen which is why this particular car was ideal. I have had trouble pulling up my original window sticker or any build info. I want to find out if it is a factory stripe delete car. I beleive it may be but i want to know for sure. Anyone on here that could help with that? Id appreciate it! Long time lurker here now a member. Car came with black 20 inch rovos but i recently replaced them with a mostly street going drag setup...forgestar f14 drag pack 17x7 up front with 235/55/17 tires and 17x10.5 rearwith 305/45/17 et street rs. Gunmetal which looks sick with the performance white paint imo. I also added the body color mirror covers as well as a white mgw ball shift prob. That is it for the mods i have added so far but i eventually wanna go 13-14 blower, long tubes, 10% lower (has stock 07 balancer still) and get retuned by lund i love the ngauge and i love their tuning. Near term mods include vmp heat exchanger and a 1 piece ds. Love this car

View attachment 203417
View attachment 203418
View attachment 203419
Welcome Michael! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and show us your ride! Congrats on your Shelby!

Window sticker:

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
617 Posts

View attachment 203417
View attachment 203418
View attachment 203419
Very nice! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys. I gotta get my signature done up nice when i get a break here at work haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome Michael! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and show us your ride! Congrats on your Shelby!

Window sticker:

Thanks i had previously tried that site and was having issues getting my order to complete but i finally got it so hopefully i have a window sticker and svt certificate both on their way to me! :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,838
Thanks i had previously tried that site and was having issues getting my order to complete but i finally got it so hopefully i have a window sticker and svt certificate both on their way to me! :)
Awesome! Glad it worked!

I see you found the car info slot in your profile... your car info now shows under your avatar. We also encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

Reactions: Ike

·
Registered
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
9 Posts
Hey everybody! I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, but I finally decided to join. Jeff's the name and speed is the game. Well, rapid acceleration up to the posted speed limit is really the game. I just received my first speeding ticket in the Shelby on 7/22/2020. And the worst part about it is I wasn't even horsing around. I just got caught in a small town speed trap. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I uploaded my first tune last week and am starting to look at enhancements to the horse-stang, so I expect to have a few questions along the way. Looking forward to meeting/interacting with you!

-Jeff

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,840
Hey everybody! I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, but I finally decided to join. Jeff's the name and speed is the game. Well, rapid acceleration up to the posted speed limit is really the game. I just received my first speeding ticket in the Shelby on 7/22/2020. And the worst part about it is I wasn't even horsing around. I just got caught in a small town speed trap. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I uploaded my first tune last week and am starting to look at enhancements to the horse-stang, so I expect to have a few questions along the way. Looking forward to meeting/interacting with you!

-Jeff View attachment 203689
Awesome intro and frigg’n GORGEOUS Shelby Jeff! Welcome to the forum! You’ve come to a good place for these fine machines. Holler if you have any questions.

By the way, I see you are in Denton... we are neighbors!

1821 - 1840 of 1850 Posts