Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1820 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to the forum. I’ve never owned a mustang and the only ford products I’ve had were trucks. I’ve had a lot of high performance vehicles ranging from a 2.0L 650hp Mitsubishi Evo X, GTR to numerous Porsche GT3’s. After being heckled by a family member that runs in the Baja 1000 I decided to sell my last Porsche to make garage space for the Dodge Demon. I haven’t looked back since and have been hooked on muscle cars. I was able to get a 2020 GT500 cftp in iconic silver with a painted racing stripe that should be built soon....hopefully.

here is a photo of the demon. It’s been completely debadged except the SRT logo which I’m taking off this weekend and has a matte plastic wrap on it.

View attachment 200156

-David
I too am waiting for Flat Rock to resume production for my GT500 on order.
Have several good contacts and will post soon as I get reliable date.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,782
New to the forum. I’ve never owned a mustang and the only ford products I’ve had were trucks. I’ve had a lot of high performance vehicles ranging from a 2.0L 650hp Mitsubishi Evo X, GTR to numerous Porsche GT3’s. After being heckled by a family member that runs in the Baja 1000 I decided to sell my last Porsche to make garage space for the Dodge Demon. I haven’t looked back since and have been hooked on muscle cars. I was able to get a 2020 GT500 cftp in iconic silver with a painted racing stripe that should be built soon....hopefully.

here is a photo of the demon. It’s been completely debadged except the SRT logo which I’m taking off this weekend and has a matte plastic wrap on it.

View attachment 200156

-David
Fantastic David! Love the sinister looking Demon! Your 2020 CFTP GT500 will be an awesome addition. It is going to be a handling-machine! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that badass ride! We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance. Earl @Snoopy49 will keep you updated on your status. Here’s hoping Flat Rock gets back to work very soon!🍻

·
Registered
2010 GT500 Sterling Gray no stripes
3 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Thanks for having me...in Arizona. I bought a GT500 this was inside is it his actual signature? It looks real.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,785
View attachment 200544
Thanks for having me...in Arizona. I bought a GT500 this was inside is it his actual signature? It looks real.
Welcome to the forum!

The signature looks legit to me... congrats! Let’s see that 2020!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess this is the howdy thread...so Howdy!

Thor here, '08 GT500 convertible with the TVS 2.3L blower, cold air intake, full bassani exhaust. It's new to me but low miles so I'll be searching for tuning tips (need to get rid of that darn 02 Sensor slow response message) and I need to do some more research on what else has been done to the car.

Here you see the GT 500 in it's natural habitat...the gas station with police looking on from the window. I like that they painted the station to match my car.

Hope to see y'all on the road!

Cheers!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,787
I guess this is the howdy thread...so Howdy!

Thor here, '08 GT500 convertible with the TVS 2.3L blower, cold air intake, full bassani exhaust. It's new to me but low miles so I'll be searching for tuning tips (need to get rid of that darn 02 Sensor slow response message) and I need to do some more research on what else has been done to the car.

View attachment 201098

Here you see the GT 500 in it's natural habitat...the gas station with police looking on from the window. I like that they painted the station to match my car.

Hope to see y'all on the road!

Cheers!
Welcome Thor! That is one cool pic with the car and surroundings color matched perfectly! Post a picture of the engine bay and we can help spot mods on the car.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance. Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that sexy ride!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,789
From what I can spot, you have a Ford Racing TVS supercharger upgrade along with their intake and filter housing (probably a FRPP kit). Your throttle body looks stock (choke point) and you would benefit from a passenger side oil catch can.

You also have headers and it looks like that is an old dirty oiled air filter. I’d recommend a new dry filter.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,791
Ah, yes, things I must research...why is my passenger throwing oil? :)
The PCV system returns oil to the back side of your supercharger. The oil not only coats your supercharger, but also your intercooler, which can result in reduced cooling. A catch can captures a majority of this oil to prevent any issues.

Reactions: Thor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guess it's time to introduce myself. I purchased my 2020 GT500 about 3 months ago. I had no intention of buying it since i have a C8 on order, but I went to my local dealer to see the first one they had received. The car was marked up $30k so when the salesman asked me if I wanted to buy it, I jokingly said 'I'll give you MSRP for it' and he took it. I was so shocked that I just decided to take him up on it.....so here it is. So far it's been a fun car.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,793
Guess it's time to introduce myself. I purchased my 2020 GT500 about 3 months ago. I had no intention of buying it since i have a C8 on order, but I went to my local dealer to see the first one they had received. The car was marked up $30k so when the salesman asked me if I wanted to buy it, I jokingly said 'I'll give you MSRP for it' and he took it. I was so shocked that I just decided to take him up on it.....so here it is. So far it's been a fun car.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring a 2020 at MSRP! 🤟

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and show us that sexy beast!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there everyone. I'm Dade and I'm in New Vienna, Ohio. I have a 2008 Shelby GT500 with 29,000 miles and all the bolt on's available. Next step is a blower upgrade.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,795
Hey there everyone. I'm Dade and I'm in New Vienna, Ohio. I have a 2008 Shelby GT500 with 29,000 miles and all the bolt on's available. Next step is a blower upgrade.
Welcome Dade! Thanks for introducing yourself!

You can use either of the circled icons to upload pics to show us your 2008. We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance. We also have a performance mods section for any blower upgrade questions you might have.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Race Red
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

Im Cody and I’m from West Virginia. I have ordered a 2020 Shelby GT 500 Race red with black stripes. Recaro race seats and technology package!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797
Hey everyone,

Im Cody and I’m from West Virginia. I have ordered a 2020 Shelby GT 500 Race red with black stripes. Recaro race seats and technology package!
Welcome Cody! Thanks for introducing yourself. Congrats on your inbound BEAST!

Race Red is a nice bright red on the 2020. You can see it on the left in this shot I took in Charlotte:

This pic was snapped in Vegas:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Pat and I live in Upstate NY. I contacted my local dealer last August to acquire the new 2020 GT500, and am rather excited to be here. I have been following the forum for quite awhile now, so I figured I'd finally make an account. I ordered the Base Model (Handling Package w/Recaro's) in Performance Blue with White over the top/side vinyl stripes.

I am a sucker for cars, and even collect vintage Hot Wheels (Redlines) in my spare time. Sadly, I do not have any photos to post as I am still waiting on my VIN... However, I have no complaints as I was lucky enough to get the Base Model for MSRP. As of now, my current daily is a 2012 Volkwagen Passat so I guess you could say I'm getting one hell of an upgrade!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,800
Hello everyone! My name is Pat and I live in Upstate NY. I contacted my local dealer last August to acquire the new 2020 GT500, and am rather excited to be here. I have been following the forum for quite awhile now, so I figured I'd finally make an account. I ordered the Base Model (Handling Package w/Recaro's) in Performance Blue with White over the top/side vinyl stripes.

I am a sucker for cars, and even collect vintage Hot Wheels (Redlines) in my spare time. Sadly, I do not have any photos to post as I am still waiting on my VIN... However, I have no complaints as I was lucky enough to get the Base Model for MSRP. As of now, my current daily is a 2012 Volkwagen Passat so I guess you could say I'm getting one hell of an upgrade!
Welcome Patrick! Congrats on scoring a 2020 at MSRP! 🤟

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. You are going to frigg’n LOVE your 2020... they are INSANE!

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

Reactions: Patrick It's Pains
1781 - 1800 of 1820 Posts