Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1820 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,761
Hello fellow Ford fans! I am new here. I just got my 2020 GT500 about a month or so ago. Finally at 1000 miles. This thing is a blast. I love it but spit “shit” out of my mouth when this thing gets squirrelly. It’s been a while almost 12-13 years without a mustang in my life. I had a 2002 Saleen S281 #244. I have always love those styles. I remember being kicked out of this California dealership for going in too often to check out the Saleen mustang. After few years I bought one and drove to Cali from WA just to visit the dealership. It didn’t serve any purpose to anyone but me. I felt a sense of accomplishment. After I sold that car I moved on to a 2003 Terminator. I got rid of the terminator when my mom wrecked her car. I sold the cobra so I could help her get a car. I wanted a 2013-2014 GT500 but couldn’t do it. My daughter was only 2 at that time and felt it wasn’t the right time. I wanted the 2020 GT500 with the carbon fiber track pack. Dealers were asking 50-70k over the sticker. I couldn’t see myself giving away that much money for a carbon fiber package car. Instead I bought the regular and paid off my 2018 Lincoln Navigator with the rest of the change. I am excited to learn about this version of the mustang. I came across some videos on YouTube about the pinched heater hose on the 2020 and ended up here.
Welcome! Glad my pinched heater hose fix video/thread led you here. Congrats on your 2020... what an amazing machine! ? You’ve also had some cool-ass Mustangs!

A couple of forum tips: go to your account settings and you’ll see a vehicle details option. What you type there will show under your screen name. You can also put a pic of your car in your signature and we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly.

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance. Thanks for introducing yourself.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,763
Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm new here, but have owned quite a few Mustangs. Currently have a 2013 GT Premium in Gotta have it green. Just sold my 1967 Fastback and ordered a GT500 in grabber Lime. I'm super excited to get it! ? View attachment 199407
Very cool Lisa! Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your beautiful GHIG 2013! Your two “green machines” are going to be a sight to behold!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

We also have a separate sub-forum dedicated to Mustangs other than the GT500 if you ever want to create a thread on your 2013. Feel free to post pics of it in our picture threads too like: Motor Monday, Tail light a Tuesday, Wheel Wednesday, etc.

It’s always nice to see ladies in this male dominated arena. We have some others on the forum... you are in good company. (y)

Reactions: lisam21

·
Registered
2012 GT500 SVTPP
6 Posts
Hello everyone! A couple years ago I bought this 2012 GT500 from my older brother who had it for about four years. Keeping it in the family!

Before this I had a 2007 V6 so this was a hefty upgrade. The GT500 has a lot of miles (just under 100k!) on it from being a daily driver its entire life, so I have enjoyed working on it to keep it healthy by replacing things that have worn out here and there. I've had a couple coolant hoses spring a leak, parking brake cable replaced recently, new clutch.

-Zack

IMG_2389.JPG

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,765
Hello everyone! A couple years ago I bought this 2012 GT500 from my older brother who had it for about four years. Keeping it in the family!

Before this I had a 2007 V6 so this was a hefty upgrade. The GT500 has a lot of miles (just under 100k!) on it from being a daily driver its entire life, so I have enjoyed working on it to keep it healthy by replacing things that have worn out here and there. I've had a couple coolant hoses spring a leak, parking brake cable replaced recently, new clutch.

-Zack

View attachment 199433
Welcome to the forum Zack! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby!

You should find lots of useful info here on maintenance and any mods that you might be interested in.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Premium Member
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
24 Posts
My name is Anthony and I'm from Ohio . I spent 9 years on active duty as a combat engineer in the Marine Corps and was medically retired . I've always loved Ford Mustangs (owned a 2002 LX, 2004 GT) especially the Shelby and finally I have became a part of the community. I recently purchased a 2010 GT500 Grabber Blue w/ white stripes w/ 24,000 miles. The car is cherry inside and out. I'm very blessed to have it and am Just looking to do a few performance mods to increase the horsepower. Can't wait to learn from all of you about these cars and their engines. Thanks and God bless!

Anthony

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,767
My name is Anthony and I'm from Ohio . I spent 9 years on active duty as a combat engineer in the Marine Corps and was medically retired . I've always loved Ford Mustangs (owned a 2002 LX, 2004 GT) especially the Shelby and finally I have became a part of the community. I recently purchased a 2010 GT500 Grabber Blue w/ white stripes w/ 24,000 miles. The car is cherry inside and out. I'm very blessed to have it and am Just looking to do a few performance mods to increase the horsepower. Can't wait to learn from all of you about these cars and their engines. Thanks and God bless!

Anthony
Beautiful GB Shelby Anthony! Congrats!

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your ride. A forum tip: go in to your account settings and there is a spot to put your vehicle details. It then shows under your screen name.

Thank you for your service! Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here goes... I started with a triple black 2008 GT convertible, traded that in eventually for a Chrysler 300 SRT, then took a break for a while and bought a used Ecoboost Convertible (I know...), upgraded that to a GT, then upgraded that to a GT350, and now finally arrived at my dream car!!

The only thing bugging me is the passenger side hood is higher than the driver's side. Or maybe the front bumper sits lower?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,769
Here goes... I started with a triple black 2008 GT convertible, traded that in eventually for a Chrysler 300 SRT, then took a break for a while and bought a used Ecoboost Convertible (I know...), upgraded that to a GT, then upgraded that to a GT350, and now finally arrived at my dream car!!

View attachment 199968

The only thing bugging me is the passenger side hood is higher than the driver's side. Or maybe the front bumper sits lower?
Fantastic! Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your beautiful 2020!

As for the hood, if it’s not an easy adjustment, consider taking the car back to the dealer to have them fix it. If you go this route, be sure to “supervise” the fix so they don’t cause more problems.

On a different note, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2007 GT500
3 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a 2007 GT500! Still has a center dash plaque where the man himself signed it. 20,000 miles. This will be my 5th Mustang and I am 28 years old haha.

Also if any of you are in San Diego, I am new in town from Pensacola Fl!

FlyboyMitchell

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,771
Hello Everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a 2007 GT500! Still has a center dash plaque where the man himself signed it. 20,000 miles. This will be my 5th Mustang and I am 28 years old haha.

FlyboyMitchell
View attachment 200106
Welcome Mitchell! Great intro and beautiful Shelby!

So, from P-cola to San Diego as a fly-boy... do you fly in the Navy? Ex AF pilot here.

·
Registered
2007 GT500
3 Posts
Welcome Mitchell! Great intro and beautiful Shelby!

So, from P-cola to San Diego as a fly-boy... do you fly in the Navy? Ex AF pilot here.

Tim!

Yes, Im Navy. Out here flying the MH-60S! Sounds good. What did you fly in the Air Force?

Grant

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,773
Tim!

Yes, Im Navy. Out here flying the MH-60S! Sounds good. What did you fly in the Air Force?

Grant
Very cool Grant! Thank you for your service!

I flew 2 variants on MC-130s in special ops. The first one was the MC-130P... I worked with special ops helos including 60s since we would refuel them in flight. The other model, which I spent most of my time in, was the MC-130H Combat Talon II.

Glad to have another aviator on board! 🍻

Reactions: AR2010ShelbyGT500

·
Premium Member
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
24 Posts
Hello Everyone!

FlyboyMitchell
View attachment 200106
Congratulations!!! She's a beauty and super clean!!

·
Premium Member
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
24 Posts

I flew 2 variants on MC-130s in special ops. The first one was the MC-130P... I worked with special ops helos including 60s since we would refuel them in flight. The other model, which I spent most of my time in, was the MC-130H Combat Talon II.

Thank you for your service brother!!

·
Registered
2007 GT500
3 Posts

Thank you!! I would always here the 'thud' from the AC-130's shooting stuff at the range. Its a pretty cool airplane. I had a change of career from engineering a few years ago. Best decision I have ever made.

Thank you for your Service!!
Thank you! Yea it still smells like a new car inside pretty insane.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,778
Thank you!! I would always here the 'thud' from the AC-130's shooting stuff at the range. Its a pretty cool airplane. I had a change of career from engineering a few years ago. Best decision I have ever made.

Thank you! Yea it still smells like a new car inside pretty insane.
Yes, the AC-130 is quite the useful “tool.” For those that don’t know.... the AC-130 has guns out the left side. They fly at medium altitudes and make a mess on the ground. Everyone knows they were there. The MC-130 is a highly modified plane to fly very low to the ground at night and in all types of weather. It is used for a variety of missions, but it gets people like Navy Seals in/out and resupplies them. Usually no one knew they were there.

·
Premium Member
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
24 Posts
Have taken quite a few rides on the C-130. We once landed at Mannis AFB en route to Afghanistan and that runway was covered in snow and ice. It was a bit wild to say the least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum. I’ve never owned a mustang and the only ford products I’ve had were trucks. I’ve had a lot of high performance vehicles ranging from a 2.0L 650hp Mitsubishi Evo X, GTR to numerous Porsche GT3’s. After being heckled by a family member that runs in the Baja 1000 I decided to sell my last Porsche to make garage space for the Dodge Demon. I haven’t looked back since and have been hooked on muscle cars. I was able to get a 2020 GT500 cftp in iconic silver with a painted racing stripe that should be built soon....hopefully.

here is a photo of the demon. It’s been completely debadged except the SRT logo which I’m taking off this weekend and has a matte plastic wrap on it.

-David

1761 - 1780 of 1820 Posts