Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1732 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,701
Hello everyone, new to the forum and a new Shelby owner. I have a 2011 race red GT500. I've owned a few mustangs in the past and personally a Ford fan. All I knew growning up was to drive a Ford, dad's law. He passed down his love for mustangs and Ford's since he had his 70 Mach 1 back in his heyday.

Don't have much plans for upgrades, other than replace old wornout parts for now.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 2011! It’s a great year for the Shelbys... love my 2011!

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

Also, you can use the 1st or 4th icon to upload pics of your car directly to the forum:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 2011! It’s a great year for the Shelbys... love my 2011!

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

Also, you can use the 1st or 4th icon to upload pics of your car directly to the forum:

View attachment 195761
Sweet, thanks for the tip.
How do I add a signature?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy Y’all! Yes, that’s with a Texas accent. I am a Soon to be owner of a 2020 Oxford White GT500. Arriving in late March or early April. Until then, I am driving my 2015 Cadlilac CTS-V coupe. I also own a beautiful 1991 Mustang GT that doesn’t get driven much with all the rain we’ve had lately in Texas. I firmly believe there is no such thing as too fast or too much horsepower.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,705
Howdy Y’all! Yes, that’s with a Texas accent. I am a Soon to be owner of a 2020 Oxford White GT500. Arriving in late March or early April. Until then, I am driving my 2015 Cadlilac CTS-V coupe. I also own a beautiful 1991 Mustang GT that doesn’t get driven much with all the rain we’ve had lately in Texas. I firmly believe there is no such thing as too fast or too much horsepower.
Welcome Bobbie! Thanks for introducing yourself.

What options did you order on your 2020?

I’d love to see or hear more about your 91 GT!

We have a sub-forum dedicated to “Other Mustangs” here:

We also have a picture thread dedicated to Fox body Stangs here:

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Bobbie! Thanks for introducing yourself.

What options did you order on your 2020?
I apologize for my delayed response. Unfortunately, I do not have an abundance of free time.
I order the following features;

Oxford White
Black side stripes
Black stripes over the top - Not the painted ones
Handling Package
Technology Package
Carbon Fiber dash

Total MSRP $80,870 but the dealership is tacking on an additional $20K. The fact that I’m still buying the car means I’ve truly got a screw loose, but I’m okay with it. I don’t work my butt off just to be boring and slow.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,707
I apologize for my delayed response. Unfortunately, I do not have an abundance of free time.
I order the following features;

Oxford White
Black side stripes
Black stripes over the top - Not the painted ones
Handling Package
Technology Package
Carbon Fiber dash

Total MSRP $80,870 but the dealership is tacking on an additional $20K. The fact that I’m still buying the car means I’ve truly got a screw loose, but I’m okay with it. I don’t work my butt off just to be boring and slow.
Cool combo! You are going to love the car!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Everyone.
Names Jordan.
From south Jersey philly area. I own a 1965 restomod 302 and a 2018 whippled mustang Gt.
I Have a youtube channel called Garage Junky that mostly focused on my trackhawk before I traded it in for the all new 2.3 EcoBoost explorer. [Truth]
My 65 is called Bettylou
My 18 is called Gertrude

My 2020 gt500 build is due to start week of 3/23/20. Ordered 9/23/19.
Got it for Msrp. Base FPB Tech package.
I Have a 4 yr old boy who I've been teaching all about the mustang life.

Cant wait to add my first ever shelby to the stable.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,709
Hey Everyone.
Names Jordan.
From south Jersey philly area. I own a 1965 restomod 302 and a 2018 whippled mustang Gt.
I Have a youtube channel called Garage Junky that mostly focused on my trackhawk before I traded it in for the all new 2.3 EcoBoost explorer. [Truth]
My 65 is called Bettylou
My 18 is called Gertrude

Welcome Jordan! Thanks for introducing yourself. What color combo did you order on your 2020?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

You can upload pics directly to the forum using either the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window. If you are up for showing off your other Mustangs, you can either do it in the Pics/Vids section or in our dedicated “Other Mustangs” area here:

·
Super Moderator
5,045 Posts
Hey Everyone.
Names Jordan.
My 65 is called Bettylou
My 18 is called Gertrude

Welcome aboard, Jordan! (y)

Congrats on your 2020 and first ever Shelby. I bet the wait is killing you!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,715
My name is Jeff, first car was a 1970 Mustang convertible. Have owned several Gt's and other cars in the past. Had a 2016 GT 350, sold it and now have a 17 GT350R and a 20 GT500 on order.
Fantastic all the way around! Welcome Jeff and thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your sexy rides!

A forum tip: when you use the paper clip icon to upload multiple pics, hit “Insert All Full Images.” You’ll then have large pics in your post versus clickable thumbnails.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought a 2010 GT500 Sterling Gray with stripe delete 15 November 2019, picked it up in South Carolina and drove it home to Indiana with my wife. What a kick in the pants it is to drive a car with so much power! It came with a car cover with a big Cobra on the hood and Shelby across the back. A SCT tuner, it had 40k miles on it and a 6.2" display screen that shows a big Cobra when I start it. It has an Air Raid CAI and Ford Racing lower control arms. I feel like I'm now a member of an exclusive club, Shelby owners!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,717
I just bought a 2010 GT500 Sterling Gray with stripe delete 15 November 2019, picked it up in South Carolina and drove it home to Indiana with my wife. What a kick in the pants it is to drive a car with so much power! It came with a car cover with a big Cobra on the hood and Shelby across the back. A SCT tuner, it had 40k miles on it and a 6.2" display screen that shows a big Cobra when I start it. It has an Air Raid CAI and Ford Racing lower control arms. I feel like I'm now a member of an exclusive club, Shelby owners! View attachment 196284
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and show us that beautiful Shelby Tony!

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,719
From Utah, I have had a 2013 mustang gt, 1986 mustang gt turbo, sold them. Ordered a 2020 Gt500 Base. Love fords but can appropriate other cars. Have had bad experiences with big groups like car clubs. Hope this will be different. Thanks
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself. Hopefully you find this place friendly and informative.

We do encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. We are also running “You in your signature pic” for the month of Feb. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

You are going to LOVE your 2020! 🤟

·
Registered
4 Posts
I joined this group while I was waiting for my 2013 GT500 to be built and delivered, then I just lurked. I have owned mine since 1/4/2013. It is a Grabber Blue Convertible with White Stripes. I now have about 36K miles, it is not my daily driver, I also drive a 2005 Chevy Avalanche that has 246K miles. Anyway, I kept mine stock, I do drive it year round but only on nice days. I live in east Texas so the weather does not require long winter naps. This is my first Shelby and my first Mustang, but not my first sport vehicle. I have previously owned a 72 Cutlass, 99 Trans Am and an 05 Ducati 800 Super Sport.

1701 - 1720 of 1732 Posts