Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 2,655 Posts
Re: Welcome new members!

i'll bite...bought my 2012 of the showroom floor,after going shopping for a regular every day GT (made the mistake of sitting in those recaro's).this is my first mustang...and believe it or not,my first car.

not my first vehicle...lol. all ivé ever driven or owned are trucks.ford,GM or Chevrolet or Toyota,i'm not really brand specific.
my father owned an early 66' vert (289,4-spd) back in the day,and sold the car to fund a growing family...but I don't really like convertibles myself.

so far the car is stock,and I've been lurking since last year finding out the best mods to do first (tires...found that out personally) and have somehow manage to put 9000 km's on the car with some serious road-tripping.

this seems like a nice place to hang out...if your into diesels,check out
www.4btswaps.com you'll find my m-1010 ambulance/cummins conversion build on going.

cheers...:cheers:

Discussion starter · #42 ·

Hello to the new guys and welcome to the mod madness!

Hey Goose.. Who's this adam strator guy making those boring stickies about pirelli tires? I think he's making fun of you.

Discussion starter · #44 ·

Hey Goose.. Who's this adam strator guy making those boring stickies about pirelli tires? I think he's making fun of you.
I had to go look since I had no idea what you were talking about...

I guess Adam goes by the code name: administrator?

Sounds official - he's allowed to make fun of me!

Poor attempt at humor. Been a boring day @ work. I should know by now, boring often quickly turns into total chaos.

Hello all - I've been reading a lot on this forum so it's time to introduce myself. I'm not a Cobra owner but planning to be in the future. Currently I have a 2011 GT coupe which I'm doing a couple appearance mods to.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #47 ·

Hello all - I've been reading a lot on this forum so it's time to introduce myself. I'm not a Cobra owner but planning to be in the future. Currently I have a 2011 GT coupe which I'm doing a couple appearance mods to.
Hello and welcome! Car looks sweet. I'd through some black louvers on the rear window if it were mine.

OK, guess I need to throw something out here.

Joined several weeks ago and have already picked up some good info here.

First cars were Torinos. Wife and I have also had several Mustangs over the years, 67 (bench seat), 75 (yes the often dreaded II, but quick with a built 289), 87 (5.0 T-Top).

Stepped over top the dark side (GM Muscle Cars) for a while.

Came back in '09 when we bought a 2006 GT, and then just picked up the 2013 convertible in Sept. after a long wait from ordering it in April.

Hoping to make Shelbyfest for at least Sat. Not far from us here in KC, and even closer to where I grew up in central Missouri.

I've already been fortunate enough to meet a couple forum members at some area cruise nights.

No extreme mods planned for now, warranty and all.

More in to road course than dragging, so looking for roll bars options soon.

Enough for now, Jeff

Attachments

OK, guess I need to throw something out here.

Joined several weeks ago and have already picked up some good info here.

First cars were Torinos. Wife and I have also had several Mustangs over the years, 67 (bench seat), 75 (yes the often dreaded II, but quick with a built 289), 87 (5.0 T-Top).

Stepped over top the dark side (GM Muscle Cars) for a while.

Came back in '09 when we bought a 2006 GT, and then just picked up the 2013 convertible in Sept. after a long wait from ordering it in April.

Hoping to make Shelbyfest for at least Sat. Not far from us here in KC, and even closer to where I grew up in central Missouri.

I've already been fortunate enough to meet a couple forum members at some area cruise nights.

No extreme mods planned for now, warranty and all.

More in to road course than dragging, so looking for roll bars options soon.

Enough for now, Jeff
Jeff

If you want to connect with the Shelbyfest forum group PM your info to Plasman. He will be sending out a group text to members to let folks know where we are meeting.

Tag

Discussion starter · #53 ·

Some? Goose17 doesn't do "some".

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ha! Nick knows me too well on this forum.

LOL. Goose has a few stripes :p

BTW Goose, read your write-up on the FRPP blower upgrade - very nice work!
Thank you sir! This site is a treasure trove of information. It felt good to give something in return for all the knowledge I've gained from others.

Hello Guys

Chalmers here. I am newbie to this site and this is my first post. I found this site on google search because I was searching for the Ford cars, today's I am interested in Ford GT500 and wanna get some basic knowledge about them. I hope I am on right platform and I will find enough knowledge on this site. Thanks

Hello Guys

Chalmers here. I am newbie to this site and this is my first post. I found this site on google search because I was searching for the Ford cars, today's I am interested in Ford GT500 and wanna get some basic knowledge about them. I hope I am on right platform and I will find enough knowledge on this site. Thanks
There is more than enough knowledge on this site to answer literally any question. You may want to start a post and list out the main questions that you have. I am sure you will have answers/opinions quickly.

Welcome again to the forum.

Tag

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Just joined today, I have been lurking in the dark on this site for some time now (as a guest) learning as much as I can. My 2010 GT500 (Red with white stripes) was delivered last Saturday so now I have something to talk about now that I’m a cobra owner once more. I have had a 99, 01 and an 04 now have the 2010. I look forward to annoying all of you by asking questions that have been asked 11 teen times before.

Just joined today, I have been lurking in the dark on this site for some time now (as a guest) learning as much as I can. My 2010 GT500 (Red with white stripes) was delivered last Saturday so now I have something to talk about now that I’m a cobra owner once more. I have had a 99, 01 and an 04 now have the 2010. I look forward to annoying all of you by asking questions that have been asked 11 teen times before.

Hello all. Checking in here from Norfolk, VA. I'm in the Navy and just picked up my 4th Mustang I've owned. First was a 95 Cobra, 01 GT vert, 94 Cobra, and now a GT500. Picked this one up used with 6K miles and the mods already done. Love the car, not as much HP as the 94 I had, but will some day upgrade the blower on this one.

And yes, I bought this color to help out the vision impaired police!

41 - 60 of 2,655 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.