Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
2521 - 2540 of 2637 Posts

·
Registered
22 HE CFTP
311 Posts
John from Fredericksburg, VA. Just bought a 2021 Shelby GT500 in February. Drove it out of the showroom with 4 miles on it. Owned Mustangs since 1987. We all bought 2021s and are headed to the track attack in June

View attachment 233534
View attachment 233533
Welcome to the site. Love the pics. You are going to have a blast at the track attack. Especially with all ya there together.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,523 ·
John from Fredericksburg, VA. Just bought a 2021 Shelby GT500 in February. Drove it out of the showroom with 4 miles on it. Owned Mustangs since 1987. We all bought 2021s and are headed to the track attack in June

View attachment 233534
View attachment 233533
Welcome to the forum John! That’s a cool-ass combo of pics! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! You are going to have a frigg’n damn good time at Track Attack!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,888 Posts
New to the site, by no means new to Pony cars. I’m Chris in Phoenix Arizona I’ve owned many Mustangs at least one from every body style. (Yes I had a II at one point but only 1) I have been ordering the S550 GT500 since it’s launch 2 unsuccessful years of “placing orders” only to be bumped for the next guy who paid the extra markup. I finally found my car 2021 Carbonized Metallic Gray with Recaro’s handling package and black stripes! The one I wanted before the 2022 Heritage launched. You’d think the son of a former Shelby employee (my dad mid to late 60’s) could secure a build. After scouring the internet and calling at least 400 Ford dealers I found this new at a dealership only 2.5 hours from home literally in the middle of the desert. Fits beautiful with my Shelby F150. Thanks to Oracle Ford any my awesome sales person Crissa I finally got my GT500!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Grille

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,525 ·
New to the site, by no means new to Pony cars. I’m Chris in Phoenix Arizona I’ve owned many Mustangs at least one from every body style. (Yes I had a II at one point but only 1) I have been ordering the S550 GT500 since it’s launch 2 unsuccessful years of “placing orders” only to be bumped for the next guy who paid the extra markup. I finally found my car 2021 Carbonized Metallic Gray with Recaro’s handling package and black stripes! The one I wanted before the 2022 Heritage launched. You’d think the son of a former Shelby employee (my dad mid to late 60’s) could secure a build. After scouring the internet and calling at least 400 Ford dealers I found this new at a dealership only 2.5 hours from home literally in the middle of the desert. Fits beautiful with my Shelby F150. Thanks to Oracle Ford any my awesome sales person Crissa I finally got my GT500! View attachment 233891
View attachment 233894
View attachment 233892
View attachment 233893
Welcome to the forum Chris! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your beautiful Shelbys! Congrats on winning the hard fought battle.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
My name is Pat and im from Freehold, NJ. I work at XYZ (commercial content from non vendor removed by moderator).

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,527 ·
My name is Pat and im from Freehold, NJ. I work at XYZ (commercial content from non vendor removed by moderator).
Welcome Pat. I had to go and remove all your commercial content posts. It requires vendor status. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll point you in the correct direction.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,529 ·
Well if I need it to participate I guess theres no other choice lol
what is required?
You’ll need to remove your avatar and signature until you are a commercial vendor here. I already removed your avatar, but I see it’s back.

Vendor FAQ:

Contact for vendor/advertiser:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,530 ·

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,532 ·
I just registed as a business but it seems at minimum its 49 a month to even have our company logo?
You will need to direct those types of questions at the vendor people. I honestly don’t know. If you want to do commercial posts here though, you will need a vendor status.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,535 ·
Not worth the hassle or the money. Ill stick to facebook groups but thanks for the info!
Okie dokie
How do I delete my account? I dont see any way to do so
No way for you or me to do that. That’s by design. Deleting accounts creates holes in conversations. Your options are to just walk away or I can ban you if you’d like.

Reactions: suicidekings

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE
22 Posts
Mike Turner, 2022 HE VIN 727, Handling Package and Recaros. USAF Retired, F4 Weapons Systems Officer. I live in the Smoky Mountains just north of the Tail of the Dragon. I've been a SCCA autocrosser since the late 70s. I currently have a 69 Cyclone, FP Z2427 Windsor crate motor with a toploader and Gear Vendors OD. I've enjoyed 8 Vettes and Z06s, 2 Vipers, and a bunch of Mustangs, the last of which was a Deep Impact Blue 2015 GT Premium MT. I'm thinking this HE may be the one I keep ... "Mach 2 aint all it's cracked up to be"

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,537 ·
Mike Turner, 2022 HE VIN 727, Handling Package and Recaros. USAF Retired, F4 Weapons Systems Officer. I live in the Smoky Mountains just north of the Tail of the Dragon. I've been a SCCA autocrosser since the late 70s. I currently have a 69 Cyclone, FP Z2427 Windsor crate motor with a toploader and Gear Vendors OD. I've enjoyed 8 Vettes and Z06s, 2 Vipers, and a bunch of Mustangs, the last of which was a Deep Impact Blue 2015 GT Premium MT. I'm thinking this HE may be the one I keep ... "Mach 2 aint all it's cracked up to be"
Welcome Mike! Ironically, we have another Mike Turner on the forum @03reptile.

Very cool that you were an F4 WSO! I grew up with F4s flying over head. That distinctive howl is ingrained in my head. It’s probably what led me to flying in the Air Force as well.

Good luck on the Heritage Edition!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE
22 Posts
Welcome Mike! Ironically, we have another Mike Turner on the forum @03reptile.

Very cool that you were an F4 WSO! I grew up with F4s flying over head. That distinctive howl is ingrained in my head. It’s probably what led me to flying in the Air Force as well.

Good luck on the Heritage Edition!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Holler if you have any forum questions.
It was truly an honor to fly the Phantom. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
2009 GT500 Convertible
4 Posts
Hello group. I'm John, a new (to me) 2009 GT500 convertible owner here from Long Island NY. I've been lurking around this site for a while and it's a great wealth of information. Picked this honey up from the second owner in VA with 18k on the clock. She's at the Dyno guy as we speak getting the CAI, pulley and tune. Sold a 04 Terminator Vert (to a friend) that I had for 14 years. Sad to see her go but it was time for a change. Looking forward to learning from the many experts in this group. I was a Ford parts guy in a former life and a Ford owner for life. Just wanted to introduce myself to the group and share a few pictures. Thanks, 
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Car Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,540 ·
Hello group. I'm John, a new (to me) 2009 GT500 convertible owner here from Long Island NY. I've been lurking around this site for a while and it's a great wealth of information. Picked this honey up from the second owner in VA with 18k on the clock. She's at the Dyno guy as we speak getting the CAI, pulley and tune. Sold a 04 Terminator Vert (to a friend) that I had for 14 years. Sad to see her go but it was time for a change. Looking forward to learning from the many experts in this group. I was a Ford parts guy in a former life and a Ford owner for life. Just wanted to introduce myself to the group and share a few pictures. Thanks,  View attachment 234375 View attachment 234376
View attachment 234377
Absolutely beautiful! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Shelby score!

Reactions: Harpo302
2521 - 2540 of 2637 Posts