Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2291 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT 500
1 Posts
Hello, New member here and I'm new to the gt500 world but these these cars are a blast to drive.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Sky

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,242 ·
Hello, New member here and I'm new to the gt500 world but these these cars are a blast to drive. View attachment 222664
Welcome to the forum Sean! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your beautiful Shelby!

Looks like you are figuring out the forum. Holler if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base
6 Posts
Newbie here. My name is jeff. Owned a couple Mustangs and a bit of everything. Road racing background. Decided to take advantage of pandemic pricing on my C7 to make my way into a 2020 car. Live in AL, from TX, but Army.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,244 ·
Newbie here. My name is jeff. Owned a couple Mustangs and a bit of everything. Road racing background. Decided to take advantage of pandemic pricing on my C7 to make my way into a 2020 car. Live in AL, from TX, but Army.
Welcome to the forum Jeff! Congrats on the 2020! Have you taken it road racing yet?

You can use the rectangle or paper clip icons to upload pics directly to the forum to show your Shelby.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: AnywhereInTX

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff! Congrats on the 2020! Have you taken it road racing yet?
Not yet, literally picked the car up this last weekend. Plan was for me to get one more track weekend in before year end when I was in my previous car. For the GT500, I want to get PPF on the front end first before I take it out. Aiming for Barber in November though.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to start posting some more.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,246 ·
Not yet, literally picked the car up this last weekend. Plan was for me to get one more track weekend in before year end when I was in my previous car. For the GT500, I want to get PPF on the front end first before I take it out. Aiming for Barber in November though.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to start posting some more.
Smart getting it protected before taking it to the track. If you’ll be hitting the road course somewhat frequently, consider switching to the SC2 tires. The 4S tires are excellent, but the SC2s are next level.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base
6 Posts
Smart getting it protected before taking it to the track. If you’ll be hitting the road course somewhat frequently, consider switching to the SC2 tires. The 4S tires are excellent, but the SC2s are next level.
Thanks for the advice, I plan to once I burn through these. I ran Nitto NT01s on my previous track cars...so in stock form the GT500 will feel slow through the corners.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,249 ·
New member from TX! Purchased my 2008 GT500, Torch Red about a year ago. Used but new to me...bucket list in life to own one. Always been a Mustang lover and owned a few trading up till I bought my dream car that I could afford...LOL! View attachment 222740
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your gorgeous Shelby!

We have quite a few members from all over TX. There is a nice car scene in DFW if you are close.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 and 2012 Mustang GT
2 Posts
Hello my name is Adnan and I'm a Mustang fan boy living in dubai. I have 2 Mustangs a 2012 GT and 2020 Shelby GT500

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,251 ·
Hello my name is Adnan and I'm a Mustang fan boy living in dubai. I have 2 Mustangs a 2012 GT and 2020 Shelby GT500
Welcome to the forum Adnan! Congrats on the awesome pair of Mustangs!

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your rides. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Reactions: Adnan Shaikh

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Hello New member here. Been wanting one of these for years and finally pulled the trigger on one. Purchased my 2008 Convertible here in Indiana with 26K miles on it.
Where in IN you from?
I bought mine in Columbus in Jan. I grew up in the NW corner.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
5 Posts
New member today. Previous Mustangs: 2015 GT base, '17 GT350 and now recently purchased 2020 GT500. From Florida hoping to upload pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,254 ·
New member today. Previous Mustangs: 2015 GT base, '17 GT350 and now recently purchased 2020 GT500. From Florida hoping to upload pictures soon.
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! Kona Blue and the Brembo red look soooo damn sexy together! :love:

Have you had the 500 long enough to compare/contrast from your GT350?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
9 Posts
Hi Tim,
We have chatted a few times on other forums. Love your videos. I used one of them to help me install the oil/air separator on my 2020! I've owned a 2018 GT350 which I sold to buy a 2020 GT500. Just sold the 2020 and have a 2021 on order. Build date is Oct 23, 2020. Currently going through withdrawals....lol. Attached are pics of the 2018 and the 2020.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,256 ·
Hi Tim,
We have chatted a few times on other forums. Love your videos. I used one of them to help me install the oil/air separator on my 2020! I've owned a 2018 GT350 which I sold to buy a 2020 GT500. Just sold the 2020 and have a 2021 on order. Build date is Oct 23, 2020. Currently going through withdrawals....lol. Attached are pics of the 2018 and the 2020. View attachment 222850 View attachment 222853
Hello Rick! 👋

That is a beautiful pair of Mustangs! What prompted switching from a 2020 to a 2021?

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us the toys! Please be sure to put your car year under your screen name when you get it.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
9 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Hello Rick! 👋

That is a beautiful pair of Mustangs! What prompted switching from a 2020 to a 2021?

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us the toys! Please be sure to put your car year under your screen name when you get it.
Hello Rick! 👋

Tim,
Luckily, I have a friend that is friends with the General Mgr of our local Ford dealership. He called me to let me know the dealership recently got another 2021 allocation. Always offers me MSRP. I drove to our local Honda dealership and sold my base 2020 with $7K miles to them for $85K. Still surprised how much they gave me. MSRP on the 2021 is $81835. Only have to pay $3K extra in RI sales taxes for a new model. Couldn't resist. Ordered everything exactly the same...lol. By the way, the Honda dealership ended up sending the 2020 to auction. Sales mgr called me to tell me they sold it for $86K. He laughed and said he made $10 after auction fees but was relieved they didn't take a loss.
Rick

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
I don't know how, but I had forgotten how great white stripes look.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! Kona Blue and the Brembo red look soooo damn sexy together! :love:

Have you had the 500 long enough to compare/contrast from your GT350?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.
Hey Goose! Love your videos. Honestly, I did not think I would find another vehicle that would drive like the GT350 (I was absolutely taken by the handling of that car), but the GT500 handles and has the power to do incredible things - another level of love - lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,260 ·
Hey Goose! Love your videos. Honestly, I did not think I would find another vehicle that would drive like the GT350 (I was absolutely taken by the handling of that car), but the GT500 handles and has the power to do incredible things - another level of love - lol.
Awesome! (and thank you sir!)

2241 - 2260 of 2291 Posts