Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2176 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 inbound.
5 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Mike and have a new 2021 GT 500 on order from Zach at Granger Ford.
The order was placed on 4/27/21. I do have the sales and order codes but have not checked with Ford for a status on the build.
I also placed an order for a 2022 Ford F 250 Lariat at the same time. I did receive an e mail directly from Ford confirming this order.

Velocity Blue base car.
Carbon I/P
Tech. Pack.
Handling Pack.
Blue indoor cover.

I'm no stranger to fast cars, and have had many over the years.
19 Redeye
17 Z06 Miss it terribly.
17 Stingray
15 Mustang GT
14 Mustang GT
The list goes on LOL.

I'm a retired machinist that worked for the Dept. of the Navy on the civilian side of the house for 36 yrs. No regrets.

Hoping to add positive forum content once my little blue beastie arrives.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,143 ·
Sad face, i didnt get a "bad ass" lol
Funny Logan! You sir have a bad ass sense of humor! 😜
Hello all,

My name is Mike and have a new 2021 GT 500 on order from Zach at Granger Ford.
The order was placed on 4/27/21. I do have the sales and order codes but have not checked with Ford for a status on the build.
I also placed an order for a 2022 Ford F 250 Lariat at the same time. I did receive an e mail directly from Ford confirming this order.

Velocity Blue base car.
Carbon I/P
Tech. Pack.
Handling Pack.
Blue indoor cover.

I'm no stranger to fast cars, and have had many over the years.
19 Redeye
17 Z06 Miss it terribly.
17 Stingray
15 Mustang GT
14 Mustang GT
The list goes on LOL.

I'm a retired machinist that worked for the Dept. of the Navy on the civilian side of the house for 36 yrs. No regrets.

Hoping to add positive forum content once my little blue beastie arrives.
Welcome to the forum Mike and congrats on your inbound pair of new toys! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

By the way, you are “Mike #327.” We have a thing about “Mikes” on this forum!

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
46 Posts
David... (Dave) from SoCal! New owner of a 2021 GT 500 CFTP. I was a silent forum lurker and ultimately made my decision because of you all. Awesome group of people. I remember in my college years when I was part of the Honda Civic SI forum group (toxic mess)- nothing like it.

Goose17- I learned so much from you- you contribute so much. Thanks for all of the tips. I actually wanted the base model GT500 initially but changed my mind to the CFTP watching you go through your switch in a short time. I'm very much the same as you with that mindset (gotta have the best or it'll bug me to death).

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,145 ·
David... (Dave) from SoCal! New owner of a 2021 GT 500 CFTP. I was a silent forum lurker and ultimately made my decision because of you all. Awesome group of people. I remember in my college years when I was part of the Honda Civic SI forum group (toxic mess)- nothing like it.

Goose17- I learned so much from you- you contribute so much. Thanks for all of the tips. I actually wanted the base model GT500 initially but changed my mind to the CFTP watching you go through your switch in a short time. I'm very much the same as you with that mindset (gotta have the best or it'll bug me to death).
Awesome! Thanks for the positive vibes yeoh!

Regarding forum toxicity... yes, many tend to be that way. We strive to not let that happen here.

Reactions: grabberblue

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
125 Posts
Hi, I'm Jon, been out of the various communities for 6 years. Spent most of my time at fnsweet back in the day. I owned a 68 coupe (302) that recently sold and put the funds toward a 2011 GT500 (black, stripe delete, SVTPP, EP, glass roof). First-time Shelby owner after many, many years of dreaming about owning one. Back in early 2006, I showed up at my local Ford dealer and slapped $500 on the counter, said I'm putting this down for a 2007 GT500. They didn't even know what I was talking about, had to look it up. One year later, that dealer auctioned off my car for 55k. I got my $500 back and bought a new GT Premium (from another dealer, of course). Modded that car quite a bit, obviously feeling Shelby envy and that car felt like settling for my dream girl's less attractive cousin. I installed a Roush M90, did the whole Roush thing and it was fun, great car, but still.... I sold that for $20,000 in 2015, which is a good price for a GT. Finally, the planets aligned in my personal life to allow this purchase. I drove the car 1,600 miles in 24 hours to get home, so I had my own Le Mans going on. It was fun. Great car, far, FAR exceeded my expectations. This was 15 years of anticipation and driving that car across the country was like a wild honeymoon with the girl of my dreams. I know that is sappy but 15 years is a damn long time to wait. So, cheers! Looking fwd to the discussions.
20210623_170625.jpg

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,147 ·
Hi, I'm Jon, been out of the various communities for 6 years. Spent most of my time at fnsweet back in the day. I owned a 68 coupe (302) that recently sold and put the funds toward a 2011 GT500 (black, stripe delete, SVTPP, EP, glass roof). First-time Shelby owner after many, many years of dreaming about owning one. Back in early 2006, I showed up at my local Ford dealer and slapped $500 on the counter, said I'm putting this down for a 2007 GT500. They didn't even know what I was talking about, had to look it up. One year later, that dealer auctioned off my car for 55k. I got my $500 back and bought a new GT Premium (from another dealer, of course). Modded that car quite a bit, obviously feeling Shelby envy and that car felt like settling for my dream girl's less attractive cousin. I installed a Roush M90, did the whole Roush thing and it was fun, great car, but still.... I sold that for $20,000 in 2015, which is a good price for a GT. Finally, the planets aligned in my personal life to allow this purchase. I drove the car 1,600 miles in 24 hours to get home, so I had my own Le Mans going on. It was fun. Great car, far, FAR exceeded my expectations. This was 15 years of anticipation and driving that car across the country was like a wild honeymoon with the girl of my dreams. I know that is sappy but 15 years is a damn long time to wait. So, cheers! Looking fwd to the discussions.
Welcome to the forum Jon! Congrats on fulfilling your Shelby dream! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself. You can click the rectangle or paper clip icons to upload pics of your new 2011. Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT500. Black on black
6 Posts
Chuck..from Portland Oregon area. Just moved up from a 2020 PP2 GT. Picked up the 500 last weekend! Spent some time giving it it’s first proper wash this morning. Black…it’s a love/hate relationship we have! Gonna need some paint work and a ceramic coat. On the fence on pulling the stripes off first. They say they are Kona blue…but they look purple to me!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,149 ·
Chuck..from Portland Oregon area. Just moved up from a 2020 PP2 GT. Picked up the 500 last weekend! Spent some time giving it it’s first proper wash this morning. Black…it’s a love/hate relationship we have! Gonna need some paint work and a ceramic coat. On the fence on pulling the stripes off first. They say they are Kona blue…but they look purple to me! View attachment 217786 View attachment 217787
Welcome Chuck! Congrats on the 500! 🤟

Are you going to get PPF too or just ceramic? This affects my rec on the stripes.

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
125 Posts
Chuck..from Portland Oregon area. Just moved up from a 2020 PP2 GT. Picked up the 500 last weekend! Spent some time giving it it’s first proper wash this morning. Black…it’s a love/hate relationship we have! Gonna need some paint work and a ceramic coat. On the fence on pulling the stripes off first. They say they are Kona blue…but they look purple to me! View attachment 217786 View attachment 217787
God damn that's gorgeous. I like the 2020 styling much better with no stripes. or in your case stripes that are so subtle they are almost invisible. but then I'm developing a new appreciation for black paint after buying my car. I've always leaned toward the lighter colors so this it's like... an unbelievably hot but needy and difficult woman. and it's worth the effort when it looks that good. I used to scoff at that sort of thing but now as I'm approaching 50 in a few months I find that my old hardcore predilections have softened.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,152 ·

·
Registered
2012 GT500 SVTPP / 2016 Shelby F150
6 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is Ken Wright. I'm new here, but I've owned my 2012 GT500 for 4.5 years. I also own a 2016 Shelby F150.

Both are lightly modded and tuned. I can't keep anything stock. LOL

On a personal note, I'm a retired Army EOD First Sergeant (21 years), owner of a handful of retired racing greyhounds, and I'm the admin for the Ford Performance Truck fb group. Other than that, I'm a pretty boring person.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,154 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Ken Wright. I'm new here, but I've owned my 2012 GT500 for 4.5 years. I also own a 2016 Shelby F150.

Both are lightly modded and tuned. I can't keep anything stock. LOL

On a personal note, I'm a retired Army EOD First Sergeant (21 years), owner of a handful of retired racing greyhounds, and I'm the admin for the Ford Performance Truck fb group. Other than that, I'm a pretty boring person.
View attachment 217850 View attachment 217851 View attachment 217852 View attachment 217853 View attachment 217855 View attachment 217856 View attachment 217857 View attachment 217858 View attachment 217859 View attachment 217861
Welcome to the forum Ken! That’s one helluva pair of Shelbys right there! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your toys! We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Thank you for your service! Holler if you need any forum assistance.

Reactions: ArmyBombTech

·
Premium Member
2021 Shelby GT500 Base
12 Posts
Lance from Silicon Valley, home of dry clear weather 24/7 what seems like 48 weeks a year and blind hairpin turns cut from mountain sides (some reduced to a single lane wide); Highway 9 is about 35 miles of 350 feet above sea-level at the northern end to summit of 2600 feet down to sea level at the southern end and then back, half of which seems to be corners. My entire adult life I have been too large (6' 2"/205) to comfortably fit in roller coasters and sports cars that can handle corners; I get to experience both at the same time with the GT500 on NorCal state highways in Track Mode (with a little touch to the brakes to downshift)! I have been lurking since the beginning of last month (and watching videos), to see if I fit in the Recaros (fit like a glove), and predicting potential driveway scrape (thank you for the measurements Tim).
GT500.jpg

Details set forth below:

2021 Shelby GT500 Base
Carbonized Gray
Vin: 582
Chassis: M0868
Date at bottom middle of Sticker: 3/25/21
Blend Date: 4/6/21
Door Jam Date: 4/21
Purchase Date: 6/12/21 (off showroom floor)
Mileage at purchase: 10.4
ADM: Lowest in California (based on 60 2021 cars available)
First oil and filter change at 700 miles by dealer “Certified GT500 Technician”: $177.08 after $50-off coupon (paid with FordPass points); labor $68, filter $25.99, oil $118.32, hazardous waste fee $1.43, sales tax $13.34. Requested old filter and o-rings; oil on filter was very dark.
SYNC Software updated via USB

Options:

Exposed Carbon Fiber I/P
Recaro Leather-Trimmed Seats
Vinyl Over-The-Top Stripe (High-Gloss Ebony)
Technology Package
Handling Package (all items dealer-installed except gurney flap)
Indoor Car Cover With Logo – Black
“Resistall” sticker in windshield, but did not pay extra (hopefully Chadwick’s removed it from body)

“Upgrades” many suggested from this forum:

STO N SHO front license plate bracket
RightCar Solutions Silicon License Plate Frame x2
OEM Takata Original 2” Seatbelt Pads x2 (Green)
SLiPLO x2 Kit plus extra three-pack adhesive promoter (installed after STO N SHO)
Jaeger Brothers Splash Guards
Chadwick’s Extreme (amazing product; also used on my truck) and No-Sling Tire Cleaner (not used yet)
M-7 Ultra Glass to remove Resistall from windows (in transit from Hawaii)
Ford OEM Shelby GT500 outdoor cover bought at dealer – Parts Dept. “VIN-matched” item to assure fit
Extra key programmed as MyKey for oil changes, etc.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,156 ·
Lance from Silicon Valley, home of dry clear weather 24/7 what seems like 48 weeks a year and blind hairpin turns cut from mountain sides (some reduced to a single lane wide); Highway 9 is about 35 miles of 350 feet above sea-level at the northern end to summit of 2600 feet down to sea level at the southern end and then back, half of which seems to be corners. My entire adult life I have been too large (6' 2"/205) to comfortably fit in roller coasters and sports cars that can handle corners; I get to experience both at the same time with the GT500 on NorCal state highways in Track Mode (with a little touch to the brakes to downshift)! I have been lurking since the beginning of last month (and watching videos), to see if I fit in the Recaros (fit like a glove), and predicting potential driveway scrape (thank you for the measurements Tim). View attachment 218238

Details set forth below:

2021 Shelby GT500 Base
Carbonized Gray
Vin: 582
Chassis: M0868
Date at bottom middle of Sticker: 3/25/21
Blend Date: 4/6/21
Door Jam Date: 4/21
Purchase Date: 6/12/21 (off showroom floor)
Mileage at purchase: 10.4
ADM: Lowest in California (based on 60 2021 cars available)
First oil and filter change at 700 miles by dealer “Certified GT500 Technician”: $177.08 after $50-off coupon (paid with FordPass points); labor $68, filter $25.99, oil $118.32, hazardous waste fee $1.43, sales tax $13.34. Requested old filter and o-rings; oil on filter was very dark.
SYNC Software updated via USB

Options:

Exposed Carbon Fiber I/P
Recaro Leather-Trimmed Seats
Vinyl Over-The-Top Stripe (High-Gloss Ebony)
Technology Package
Handling Package (all items dealer-installed except gurney flap)
Indoor Car Cover With Logo – Black
“Resistall” sticker in windshield, but did not pay extra (hopefully Chadwick’s removed it from body)

“Upgrades” many suggested from this forum:

STO N SHO front license plate bracket
RightCar Solutions Silicon License Plate Frame x2
OEM Takata Original 2” Seatbelt Pads x2 (Green)
SLiPLO x2 Kit plus extra three-pack adhesive promoter (installed after STO N SHO)
Jaeger Brothers Splash Guards
Chadwick’s Extreme (amazing product; also used on my truck) and No-Sling Tire Cleaner (not used yet)
M-7 Ultra Glass to remove Resistall from windows (in transit from Hawaii)
Ford OEM Shelby GT500 outdoor cover bought at dealer – Parts Dept. “VIN-matched” item to assure fit
Extra key programmed as MyKey for oil changes, etc.
Welcome Lance! That’s a proper intro! 🤟

Congrats on the car! Looks like you are figuring out the forum. Holler if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
2021 Shelby GT500 Base
12 Posts
Thank you; will do.

I really appreciate your videos and DIY; I have already put many to good use.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,158 ·
Thank you; will do.

I really appreciate your videos and DIY; I have already put many to good use.
Appreciate the positive feedback... thank you sir! 🍻

·
Premium Member
2021 Shelby GT500 Base
12 Posts
Forgot to add for those still waiting, I got my "Shelby Box" on 6/29/21, so 17 days after purchase.

I am still in disbelief:

1. This car can actually be manufactured, and
2. This car can actually be sold in California (needs "50 states emissions," hopefully that does not mean -50 hp).

2141 - 2160 of 2176 Posts