Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2142 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
1 Posts
Hey guys new member here from Salt lake city area.
I have a 2021 GT500 with a tentative build date of June 28th, Carbonize Gray, Recaro, Tech pack, Handling pack, Carbon IP.
My name is Yannick, hopefully around August to September I'll be able to show you guys some pics.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,103 ·
Hey guys new member here from Salt lake city area.
I have a 2021 GT500 with a tentative build date of June 28th, Carbonize Gray, Recaro, Tech pack, Handling pack, Carbon IP.
My name is Yannick, hopefully around August to September I'll be able to show you guys some pics.
Welcome to the forum Yannick! Congrats on your inbound 2021!

Thanks for introducing yourself. We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.

Reactions: Downforce

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, everyone. Mike here from Bay Area. California. Been on the sidelines for over a year on deciding to buy a gt500. Glad I did! It is a 2020 Ford Performance Blue. Still breaking her in. I am a power junkie, so won't be long for full throttle pulls. Pitty us Californians with crappy low octane gas. See attached photo of my car and how I am solving the gas issue. No joke!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Hi, everyone. Mike here from Bay Area. California. Been on the sidelines for over a year on deciding to buy a gt500. Glad I did! It is a 2020 Ford Performance Blue. Still breaking her in. I am a power junkie, so won't be long for full throttle pulls. Pitty us Californians with crappy low octane gas. See attached photo of my car and how I am solving the gas issue. No joke!
Welcome :)

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Base
19 Posts
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome everyone. NorCal Bay Area here as well. I’m pretty active in the local car community, so hopefully I’ll bump in to some of y’all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome everyone. NorCal Bay Area here as well. I’m pretty active in the local car community, so hopefully I’ll bump in to some of y’all.
We have a regular saturday morning cars and coffee, goes from about 7:30-10. Capitola Mall parking lot in front of Starbucks, just of of 41st. Ave...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,110 ·
Welcome to the forum! I moved your posts and subsequent replies out of Robbie’s personal intro thread to this general intro thread.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 (Ordered)
4 Posts
New member here. I have been a lurker for several months soaking up information and knowledge from all the great posts. I just recently took possession of a 2021 FP Blue GT 500. It’s been on my wish list since 2007 and finally had the opportunity to make a dream become reality. I live in WA state closer to Portland, OR than Seattle though. My first week with this car has been a constant battle with restraint. Thanks to @Snoopy49 for all the tracking information he provided.
10D6E5D3-FD90-4007-9EEA-DBA890C7861B.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,112 ·
New member here. I have been a lurker for several months soaking up information and knowledge from all the great posts. I just recently took possession of a 2021 FP Blue GT 500. It’s been on my wish list since 2007 and finally had the opportunity to make a dream become reality. I live in WA state closer to Portland, OR than Seattle though. My first week with this car has been a constant battle with restraint. Thanks to @Snoopy49 for all the tracking information he provided.
View attachment 215611
Congratulations Andy! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that blue beauty! Welcome to the forum! So, what’s the meaning behind “Oldgoose?”

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 (Ordered)
4 Posts
Congratulations Andy! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that blue beauty! Welcome to the forum! So, what’s the meaning behind “Oldgoose?”
Movie reference “Top Gun” I started training to become a pilot and gradually found I liked aviation maintenance more. As I had kids they started calling me old goose and it stuck.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,114 ·
Movie reference “Top Gun” I started training to become a pilot and gradually found I liked aviation maintenance more. As I had kids they started calling me old goose and it stuck.
Are you an aircraft mechanic now and if so, do you work for an airline? I’m one of the guys up front that break the stuff. 😬

Reactions: grabberblue

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 (Ordered)
4 Posts
Are you an aircraft mechanic now and if so, do you work for an airline? I’m one of the guys up front that break the stuff. 😬
I was until 2008. I worked for a startup (Adam Aircraft) out of Denver, CO. We made carbon composite VLJ. All parts with the exception of the engines and avionics were made in house. We were still trying to get aircraft certification on our jet when the Housing bubble collapsed and investment money dried up. After that we moved and I got into the Coin Laundry business in WA & OR. I have been doing that ever since. It’s a unique business with different people, if you can think it I am sure I have seen it and have it on Video.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome new members.
Hi! Newbie here. My name is Raul Aldrete Jr and I'm from Denver CO. I recently just graduated from CU Boulder this May with a dual emphasis in Finance and Real Estate. I work for at JP Morgan being a mortgage lender for commercial real estate, and I love my job! I am also a proud owner of a 2019 Shelby F-150. I honestly did not know Shelby created trucks until in 2018, and I really enjoyed the design of the Shelby F-150 design. I am so happy you guys have welcomed me into the community and I really enjoy seeing everyone's Shelby mustangs on here. They're are amazing! Anyways thank you for the add and here is some photos of my Shelby. Hope you guys enjoy! Much love 😁

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,117 ·
Hi! Newbie here. My name is Raul Aldrete Jr and I'm from Denver CO. I recently just graduated from CU Boulder this May with a dual emphasis in Finance and Real Estate. I work for at JP Morgan being a mortgage lender for commercial real estate, and I love my job! I am also a proud owner of a 2019 Shelby F-150. I honestly did not know Shelby created trucks until in 2018, and I really enjoyed the design of the Shelby F-150 design. I am so happy you guys have welcomed me into the community and I really enjoy seeing everyone's Shelby mustangs on here. They're are amazing! Anyways thank you for the add and here is some photos of my Shelby. Hope you guys enjoy! Much love 😁 View attachment 215764 View attachment 215765 View attachment 215766 View attachment 215767 View attachment 215768 View attachment 215769 View attachment 215770 View attachment 215771
Wowza! What a TRUCK! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that beast Raul! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your truck. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wowza! What a TRUCK! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that beast Raul! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your truck. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here.
Sounds good!

·
Registered
2021 GT500 w/ CFTP
13 Posts
New member here. Long time lurker, first time poster. First speeding ticket in my dad's '66 289 3 speed notchback. Second car while in high school was a '67 289 fastback. Service manager for Ford back in the late '80s. I've owned a '93 Cobra, '95 Cobra, '99 Cobra, '03 Cobra, '08 GT500, '13 GT500, '14 GT500 and now a '21 GT500. Come up through the ranks I guess!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,120 ·
New member here. Long time lurker, first time poster. First speeding ticket in my dad's '66 289 3 speed notchback. Second car while in high school was a '67 289 fastback. Service manager for Ford back in the late '80s. I've owned a '93 Cobra, '95 Cobra, '99 Cobra, '03 Cobra, '08 GT500, '13 GT500, '14 GT500 and now a '21 GT500. Come up through the ranks I guess! View attachment 215828
That is a beautiful car! :love: Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! You’ve had quite the list of performance Mustangs.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

2101 - 2120 of 2142 Posts