Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2110 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Silver Metallic
7 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Hello all, new guy here and first post. Not sure if I am doing this right. My name is Len and I just picked up a 2009 GT500. I am retired now after over 30 years with General Electric. Before that I was in the Air Force working on F4 Phantoms. I had several Mustangs over the years, a 1966 fastback with a hipo 289 that a friend had to buy for me because I was to young, a 1967 coupe with a six cylinder because my Dad wouldn't let me buy a car with a V8, a 1968 fastback with a 390, then a long pause and a 2005 GT. Wish I could have held on to the two fastbacks. I bought a 1969 SS/RS 396 Camaro while still in the service that was the fastest car I ever owned until I got the GT500. I just love the sound of that supercharger. I will try a post a few pics

The car is in the garage I just built, I still have to hang the lights and finish the electrical. It only came with 1 key so I am looking at the forscan software and will probably have many questions.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,082 ·
Hello all, new guy here and first post. Not sure if I am doing this right. My name is Len and I just picked up a 2009 GT500. I am retired now after over 30 years with General Electric. Before that I was in the Air Force working on F4 Phantoms. I had several Mustangs over the years, a 1966 fastback with a hipo 289 that a friend had to buy for me because I was to young, a 1967 coupe with a six cylinder because my Dad wouldn't let me buy a car with a V8, a 1968 fastback with a 390, then a long pause and a 2005 GT. Wish I could have held on to the two fastbacks. I bought a 1969 SS/RS 396 Camaro while still in the service that was the fastest car I ever owned until I got the GT500. I just love the sound of that supercharger. I will try a post a few pics

View attachment 214355

View attachment 214356

The car is in the garage I just built, I still have to hang the lights and finish the electrical. It only came with 1 key so I am looking at the forscan software and will probably have many questions.
Welcome to the forum Len and congrats on the beautiful Shelby! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your ride and thanks for your service.

You figured out how to put your car year under your screen name. You can also add a signature picture and your first name by clicking your upper right avatar/account settings/signature. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Silver / Kona stripes
1 Posts
Im new to the GT500 forum and new to the GT500 model as well. My name is Michael I'm from the NW Baltimore, MD area. I'm not new to fast cars. I was introduced to the GT350R when it was released and was really blown away by the chassis and the voodoo engine. I have access to more than a few great cars that I test fairly frequently at the track. When I saw the release of the GT500 and it was an improved version of the GT350R chassis with a dual clutch transmission, large floating rotors w/ rigid calipers, 760HP lightweight V8 overhead cam and a 7500rpm rev limit. Well that was it for me. Ive put 600mi on in the last week makes the trip to and from work a blast in the back roads. My only complaint is the traction control disable does not stay off when you restart, thank goodness when its disabled it is still there but accepts a larger slip angle. Fit finish attention to detail and model lineage stays true to the 67 GT500 that I've seen. I was lucky I searched for a base model with the track option recaro seats technology group and silver it was 13mi from work.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,084 ·
Im new to the GT500 forum and new to the GT500 model as well. My name is Michael I'm from the NW Baltimore, MD area. I'm not new to fast cars. I was introduced to the GT350R when it was released and was really blown away by the chassis and the voodoo engine. I have access to more than a few great cars that I test fairly frequently at the track. When I saw the release of the GT500 and it was an improved version of the GT350R chassis with a dual clutch transmission, large floating rotors w/ rigid calipers, 760HP lightweight V8 overhead cam and a 7500rpm rev limit. Well that was it for me. Ive put 600mi on in the last week makes the trip to and from work a blast in the back roads. My only complaint is the traction control disable does not stay off when you restart, thank goodness when its disabled it is still there but accepts a larger slip angle. Fit finish attention to detail and model lineage stays true to the 67 GT500 that I've seen. I was lucky I searched for a base model with the track option recaro seats technology group and silver it was 13mi from work.
Welcome to the forum Michael! By the way, we have a crap ton of Mikes on the forum! 😬 :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for introducing yourself... looks like you have figured out the first name and car year things... if you’d like to show any pics of your car, you can use either of the below circled icons in your reply window:

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 with Tech package and white stripes
3 Posts
Marty here from Lambertville, NJ
Sold my 2013 GB Boss302 for this new Velocity Blue GT500! Built in December of 2020 s/n L5775, Tech package with white vinyl over the top and side stripes. Love the machine. So much new tech compared to Boss which I loved! Had a 70 GB Boss as well so the linkage is there from my AF days. Anyway got 600 miles on it now and no complaints except a bit of a jerky shifter. Hoping that smooths out a bit but with 760hp who knows 🙂 Enjoying the YouTube videos as well. Hope to learn a few things from this expansive group. Best and Enjoy the Ride!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,086 ·
Marty here from Lambertville, NJ
Sold my 2013 GB Boss302 for this new Velocity Blue GT500! Built in December of 2020 s/n L5775, Tech package with white vinyl over the top and side stripes. Love the machine. So much new tech compared to Boss which I loved! Had a 70 GB Boss as well so the linkage is there from my AF days. Anyway got 600 miles on it now and no complaints except a bit of a jerky shifter. Hoping that smooths out a bit but with 760hp who knows 🙂 Enjoying the YouTube videos as well. Hope to learn a few things from this expansive group. Best and Enjoy the Ride!
Welcome Marty! Is “AF” Air Force? I too am ex-AF.

We’d love to see a pic of your 2020!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Marty! Is “AF” Air Force? I too am ex-AF.

We’d love to see a pic of your 2020!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.
Yes former Air Force B-52 gunner D’s + H’s, 73 to ‘77. I will attempt to get some pics up. Thx

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,088 ·
Yes former Air Force B-52 gunner D’s + H’s, 73 to ‘77. I will attempt to get some pics up. Thx
Awesome! Thank you for your service! My neighbor finished his career as a B-52 navigator. He also flew the B-36, but has since passed. My only experience with B-52s was one that damn near took me out... the Fairchild air show practice mishap was waaaaay too close for comfort. He almost took out me and my entire SERE class.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes sir! That had to be one scary moment. I’ve seen that video a few times and thankful that bird hit short of the crowd. Horrible day for sure and to be witness to ... what a memory.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,090 ·
Yes sir! That had to be one scary moment. I’ve seen that video a few times and thankful that bird hit short of the crowd. Horrible day for sure and to be witness to ... what a memory.
It was during the week, before the air show. The yahoo was practicing what he was going to do. Two guys on the jet were on their “fini-flight” (last flight before retirement/separation for those that don’t know). Their families were gathered and watching the flight. They saw the whole tragic thing. My class was in a building and the big jet impacted right next to us. We ran out the opposite end of the building and the fire and debris was intense.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
3 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Thanks for the add!
Re: Welcome new members!

They call me Houndog, from Fredericksburg VA 2009 KR BLACK ON BLACK View attachment 14440
Thanks for the add.
New here.
Had a issue come up yesterday with Powertrain malfunction reduced power, and serching and found this forum and joined.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,093 ·
Hi everyone . New to the forum . I just picked up my 2021 GT500 here in PA this week. 19 miles on it only since I got it as weather has been ugly in central PA.
Thanks for the add!

Thanks for the add.
New here.
Had a issue come up yesterday with Powertrain malfunction reduced power, and serching and found this forum and joined.
Welcome to the forum guys and congrats on your new Shelbys! @SnakeBite2020 please start a thread in our problems area regarding your issue... it helps with info sharing:

Thanks for introducing yourselves guys. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
18 Posts
Hello everyone! New here, just picked up a 07 GT500. Very clean, tastefully modded 13,500 mile car. This is my first GT500, but I have an account on SVT Performance since 2010 under the same screen name.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,095 ·
Hello everyone! New here, just picked up a 07 GT500. Very clean, tastefully modded 13,500 mile car. This is my first GT500, but I have an account on SVT Performance since 2010 under the same screen name.
View attachment 215199
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the gorgeous red/white/blue 500 and thanks for your service. I assume you were/are a marine CH-53 crew chief...?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the gorgeous red/white/blue 500 and thanks for your service. I assume you were/are a marine CH-53 crew chief...?

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.
Thanks for the welcome! I will add my name to the sig. Yes, I was a Marine 53 Crew Chief. I was with HMH-464, HMT-302 AND HMH-772 From 05-12, 5yrs active and the rest reserve at 772

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,097 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I will add my name to the sig. Yes, I was a Marine 53 Crew Chief. I was with HMH-464, HMT-302 AND HMH-772 From 05-12, 5yrs active and the rest reserve at 772
I used to refuel MH-53s in flight with my first Air Force flying job. It’s a big ass chopper!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
Sweet car. Those are the best colors.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Rapid Red, OTT White Stripes
1 Posts
Hey what's going on Guys!? My name is William I am 26 currently station overseas. I just placed my 2021 GT500 order last year with a delivery date of 23 April 2021. That has changed because of the microchip shortage.:cautious: Well dealer now says 17-23 June possibly. My spec is Rapid red with OTT white stripes, Tech Pack, Handling pack, Carbon interior and Recaro seats. I will post photos whenever receive the car ;) Thank you for the add.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,100 ·
Hey what's going on Guys!? My name is William I am 26 currently station overseas. I just placed my 2021 GT500 order last year with a delivery date of 23 April 2021. That has changed because of the microchip shortage.:cautious: Well dealer now says 17-23 June possibly. My spec is Rapid red with OTT white stripes, Tech Pack, Handling pack, Carbon interior and Recaro seats. I will post photos whenever receive the car ;) Thank you for the add.
Welcome to the forum William and congrats on your inbound 2021! Thanks for introducing yourself and thanks for your service!

2081 - 2100 of 2110 Posts