Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2142 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I'm Jordan from the Flint, MI area. I have a 2013 GT500. I had a 2014 GT500 Kenne Bell 3.6 before this car which is now my mom's car. I also had an 03 Cobra years ago. I'm currently looking to get into a 2021 GT500.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,062 ·
Hey guys I'm Jordan from the Flint, MI area. I have a 2013 GT500. I had a 2014 GT500 Kenne Bell 3.6 before this car which is now my mom's car. I also had an 03 Cobra years ago. I'm currently looking to get into a 2021 GT500.

View attachment 213602
View attachment 213603
Welcome to the forum Jordan! Nice 2013! How cool is that, that your mom drives a modded 2014!?! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your ride. Good luck on the 2021... you are going to dig it!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have other Mustangs and ordered a 2021 GT500 CFTP in Race Red with White Painted Stripes. It rolled of the assembly line on March 5th it is VIN M550 0011 and I'm patiently waiting for it to be finished..... LOL. Thanks for all of the help in understanding the process and car!

Dave

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,064 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have other Mustangs and ordered a 2021 GT500 CFTP in Race Red with White Painted Stripes. It rolled of the assembly line on March 5th it is VIN M550 0011 and I'm patiently waiting for it to be finished..... LOL. Thanks for all of the help in understanding the process and car!

Dave
Welcome to the forum Dave! Thanks for introducing yourself! We look forward to pictures of your a baby.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Fully Loaded
177 Posts
Hello! I am new but not "new" I was on this forum back in 2012 when I had my Kona Blue w/ Silver stripe GT500. I had to sell the car due to some family issues and ever since, I wanted to get back into a Shelby. I bought a 2019 Z06 last year since every Shelby I looked at was priced well beyond what I was willing to pay. I refused to pay 25 to 50K over MSRP when those numbers are purely profit for the dealership.

So...over the weekend a Silver/Black 2020 GT500 popped up on a CarMax ad and I scheduled a test drive to see if I wanted to stay with my Z06 or pursue a 2020 GT500 once more. I drove it and well...ended up finding an Oxford White GT500 which had a good price from a local dealer. I called, told them to put a hold on the vehicle and bought it. Also, it was fully loaded which, was very hard to find. Seems like most had the normal seats and this one also had the Technology and Handling package so, it was literally the perfect car! It was tough as while I know I am on this site, I have to be honest and say that my Z06 was also an incredible car. It did everything extremely well and of course was very fast and had great handling. I have to say the biggest difference between the two is the DTC, that is what honestly won me over. My Z06 was an automatic and if any of you have experience with one, I am sure you are familiar with the delay it has between shifts when you are in manual mode. That was pretty annoying when driving it hard. Aside from that, I was never crazy about the interior...it wasn't bad but it also wasn't good where, the GT500 especially with the Recaro seats and exposed CF is to me absolutely fantastic.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,154 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome back to the site and the Shelby. 👍

Reactions: Chris-20-GT500

·
Registered
2020 GT500
14 Posts
Good intro ! Welcome back to the fold.

Reactions: Chris-20-GT500

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome back to the site and the Shelby. 👍
Thank you! It was sad letting my previous 2010 go and I am very happy that I found this car...it is everything it was made out to be. I am happy to be back, I always liked this forum, by far one of the best I have seen.

Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,069 ·
Hello! I am new but not "new" I was on this forum back in 2012 when I had my Kona Blue w/ Silver stripe GT500. I had to sell the car due to some family issues and ever since, I wanted to get back into a Shelby. I bought a 2019 Z06 last year since every Shelby I looked at was priced well beyond what I was willing to pay. I refused to pay 25 to 50K over MSRP when those numbers are purely profit for the dealership.

So...over the weekend a Silver/Black 2020 GT500 popped up on a CarMax ad and I scheduled a test drive to see if I wanted to stay with my Z06 or pursue a 2020 GT500 once more. I drove it and well...ended up finding an Oxford White GT500 which had a good price from a local dealer. I called, told them to put a hold on the vehicle and bought it. Also, it was fully loaded which, was very hard to find. Seems like most had the normal seats and this one also had the Technology and Handling package so, it was literally the perfect car! It was tough as while I know I am on this site, I have to be honest and say that my Z06 was also an incredible car. It did everything extremely well and of course was very fast and had great handling. I have to say the biggest difference between the two is the DTC, that is what honestly won me over. My Z06 was an automatic and if any of you have experience with one, I am sure you are familiar with the delay it has between shifts when you are in manual mode. That was pretty annoying when driving it hard. Aside from that, I was never crazy about the interior...it wasn't bad but it also wasn't good where, the GT500 especially with the Recaro seats and exposed CF is to me absolutely fantastic.

-Chris
Welcome back Chris and congrats on landing a 2020! If you would like to merge your old account with your new one, send me a pm with the details.

We’d love to see pics of the new toy! You can use the paper clip or rectangle icons to upload shots directly to the forum. Holler if you need any forum assistance. Thanks for introducing yourself again!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome back Chris and congrats on landing a 2020! If you would like to merge your old account with your new one, send me a pm with the details.

We’d love to see pics of the new toy! You can use the paper clip or rectangle icons to upload shots directly to the forum. Holler if you need any forum assistance. Thanks for introducing yourself again!
Hi, I actually remember you, I believe you had a Kona Blue / White Stripes GT500 and I believe you are a pilot. I have to dig into my email to see if I can remember my old account name. I am working on pictures, this past weekend was busy with buying the car (I was working with 4 different dealers) and then having Easter. Also, I just had the rest of the aeros installed including the oil catch-can (Good job Ford!)

I will pm once I remember my old username.

Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
15 Posts
New member here.

Darin from Duncannon Pa

No Shelby pictures to post yet but I do have a Carbonized Gray base ordered with Black over the top stripes, carbon handling package, carbon dash applique and car cover.

28 years of instructing, racing and open track events

Ford salesman for 34 years at Maguire's Ford in Duncannon Pa. (I sold Tim his CF 2020 car)

Looking forward to both contributing to the forum and learning from it!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
New member checking in from central Florida. Long time mustang enthusiast. 2013 GT500, 2019 GT350r and just picked up my 2020 Performance Red Golden Ticket. 43 yrs ago my first ride was a 1965 GT fastback, owned several 66, 69, 71, 89 and the ones I wish I had kept were 2 93 SVT Cobras in teal, his and hers.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,073 ·
New member checking in from central Florida. Long time mustang enthusiast. 2013 GT500, 2019 GT350r and just picked up my 2020 Performance Red Golden Ticket. 43 yrs ago my first ride was a 1965 GT fastback, owned several 66, 69, 71, 89 and the ones I wish I had kept were 2 93 SVT Cobras in teal, his and hers.
Welcome to the forum! That’s a helluva list of cars! 🤟 Thanks for introducing yourself. You can use either of the red circled icons in your reply window to upload pics if you’d like to show your toys. Also, please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
54 Posts
Hello GT500 Forum. My name is Bob and I'm born and raised in the SF Bay Area. Not new to Mustangs as until recently I had a 2013 Boss 302 and before that a 1965 Mustang Fastback Shelby Clone.
Today 4/14/21, I picked up a 2020 GT500 in Twister Orange today. I was looking for months all over the US and then I found a car that was traded in at the local Porsche dealer with 494 miles. I traded my 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow for it (plush some cash lol). The Boss was a great car so light and nimble. I bought thinking I would get back into tracking days, but after owning it for 6 years I never made it to the track. The GT500 fits my driving style more these days.

I just picked up

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,075 ·
Hello GT500 Forum. My name is Bob and I'm born and raised in the SF Bay Area. Not new to Mustangs as until recently I had a 2013 Boss 302 and before that a 1965 Mustang Fastback Shelby Clone.
Today 4/14/21, I picked up a 2020 GT500 in Twister Orange today. I was looking for months all over the US and then I found a car that was traded in at the local Porsche dealer with 494 miles. I traded my 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow for it (plush some cash lol). The Boss was a great car so light and nimble. I bought thinking I would get back into tracking days, but after owning it for 6 years I never made it to the track. The GT500 fits my driving style more these days.

View attachment 214187 View attachment 214188 View attachment 214189 I just picked up
Fantastic! Welcome! I’m digg’n your black roof...looks great on orange!

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Mustangs! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts

View attachment 214187 View attachment 214188 View attachment 214189 I just picked up
Welcome aboard, Bob! Twister Orange -- great color. Love the black roof as well.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Black /w Purple stripes.
42 Posts

I just picked up
Nice cars, how do you make the Sophie's Choice? How do you part with any of them?

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
54 Posts
Nice cars, how do you make the Sophie's Choice? How do you part with any of them?
It was difficult decision for me as I loved driving the Boss. A true drivers car. In the end I realized I wanted more power and more creature comforts the GT500 has.

We got a puppy 6 months ago we named “Shelby”. Now we are a two Shelby family. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, new to this forum. My name is Jeff and I'm from the little town of Brooksville, FL. I am a professional babysitter of sorts. My love for mustangs started with a 2010 GT in grabber blue with a 5 speed. After a few Mopar's I ended up with a 2020 GT500 FPB base with white stripes #0552. Life got in the way and I had to let her go. Everything worked out and I was able to order a 2021 in carbonized gray with Kona blue stripes #1548. Tech pack, handling pack and carbon dash.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,080 ·
Hello, new to this forum. My name is Jeff and I'm from the little town of Brooksville, FL. I am a professional babysitter of sorts. My love for mustangs started with a 2010 GT in grabber blue with a 5 speed. After a few Mopar's I ended up with a 2020 GT500 FPB base with white stripes #0552. Life got in the way and I had to let her go. Everything worked out and I was able to order a 2021 in carbonized gray with Kona blue stripes #1548. Tech pack, handling pack and carbon dash.
Welcome to the forum Jeff! Congrats on your pending 2021! 🤟

Thank you for introducing yourself. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

2061 - 2080 of 2142 Posts