Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2110 Posts

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
20 Posts
Welcome new members. This is a great, fun site that has a wealth of information on GT500s from 2007-2014 and 2020+!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and post some pictures.

Here is an informative thread how to navigate around this forum. It explains things like posting pictures:

There is a nice DIY section that is filled with member's post of work they have done to their rides:

DIY: Do It Yourself

Use the blue button in the upper right to be taken to the latest discussions across all of the sub-forums.

Please remember to use the 'QUOTE' button below a post when you respond, it notifies that member that you have commented on their post, especially if asking a question. You can also send an alert to a member to get their attention by putting an “@“ in front of their screen name.

So come on in, learn, share, have a ton of fun and please no bad attitudes. We've got a more seasoned fun crowd here and we love talking GT500s/Mustangs!:)
Thank you for adding me. My name is Louis. I’m originally from NYC. The Minneapolis area has been my home for the last 28 years. I retired on 3/2/19. After retiring watching car reviews on YouTube became a favorite pastime. Channels like Raiti’s Rides, Stangmode, Shelby Flyer and Throttle House became my favorites. Loved the front of the Camaro ZL1 more than the GT350 so I was learning towards the Camaro. Then Ford came out with the new design for the GT500. It changed the entire ball game. Purchasing a new GT500 without an ADM became my new goal. The mustang app was a huge help. I was on that app everyday for several months plugging in zip codes. Checking all dealerships within a 500 mile radius of Minneapolis was the task. Eventually I found a beautiful velocity blue base model GT500 with white vinyl overhead stripes, recaro seats, carbon fiber instrument panel and the tech package. Didn’t get to drive it in January and February. Now that we’ve had several days in the 50’s, the velocity monstrosity has been on the road several times. Never owned a muscle car before. Man was I missing out. Love this vehicle. Proud to be a member of the mustang family.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,042 ·
Channels like Raiti’s Rides, Stangmode, Shelby Flyer and Throttle House became my favorites.
Welcome Lou! Thanks for the shoutout! I have enjoyed making videos for my ShelbyFlyer channel.

Thanks for introducing yourself. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: Lou-Stang

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Black /w Purple stripes.
42 Posts
Hi, My name is Rob, friends call me Sarge. I'm retired, currently live in E Tennessee. I've lived/worked around the world. I'll post a picture of me standing on the running boards of my first Ford truck, circa 1956. I've always owned Ford trucks and Volkswagons (2019 911 Turbo-S is my latest VW). I've always wanted a Pony Car since 1964s. Recently while at the local VW dealer they tried to sell me a lightly used 2020 GT500. The sales critter tossed me the keys and I test drove it. I liked it, actually loved it. So I told them no and drove over to my Ford truck dealer and he gave me a MY2021 allocation number and an out the door price lower than what the VW dealer wanted for the MY2020 base price. My Ford dealer asked me if I wanted the Golden Ticket but I declined bus it would be later this year and I don't like the CF wheels. I have them on my '19 VW and worrying about them is a PITA, so much so I bought a set of alloy wheels to go drinking, pot-holing and curbing in. My GT500 originally was scheduled for production 3/22 then they slipped it to 3/29 then surprisingly it went into production 3/22 (yesterday) and they posted a window sticker last night. Seems the log jam broke loose last week. Hope so. I'm fairly experienced in car forums but new here so be gentle with me if I p on my foot.

I've read some of the posts in the ordering/status guide thread and some say post your VIN last 4-digits and some say don't post parts of the VIN. It's not hard to generate the complete VIN given the last couple digits at this stage so I'll err on the side of caution. Maybe @Goose17 will steer me straight. My window sticker says "CONVOY" so I'm assuming being we're 7 hours down I-75 from Flat Rock, it'll come via a single-day truck drive. My 2019 Jeep left Toledo one Sunday night and was here at the dealer the next morning 9:00am. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the GT500.

Looking forward to getting smarter by following threads here.

Thanks-
Rob

rob1950s-model-a.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,044 ·
Hi, My name is Rob, friends call me Sarge. I'm retired, currently live in E Tennessee. I've lived/worked around the world. I'll post a picture of me standing on the running boards of my first Ford truck, circa 1956. I've always owned Ford trucks and Volkswagons (2019 911 Turbo-S is my latest VW). I've always wanted a Pony Car since 1964s. Recently while at the local VW dealer they tried to sell me a lightly used 2020 GT500. The sales critter tossed me the keys and I test drove it. I liked it, actually loved it. So I told them no and drove over to my Ford truck dealer and he gave me a MY2021 allocation number and an out the door price lower than what the VW dealer wanted for the MY2020 base price. My Ford dealer asked me if I wanted the Golden Ticket but I declined bus it would be later this year and I don't like the CF wheels. I have them on my '19 VW and worrying about them is a PITA, so much so I bought a set of alloy wheels to go drinking, pot-holing and curbing in. My GT500 originally was scheduled for production 3/22 then they slipped it to 3/29 then surprisingly it went into production 3/22 (yesterday) and they posted a window sticker last night. Seems the log jam broke loose last week. Hope so. I'm fairly experienced in car forums but new here so be gentle with me if I p on my foot.

I've read some of the posts in the ordering/status guide thread and some say post your VIN last 4-digits and some say don't post parts of the VIN. It's not hard to generate the complete VIN given the last couple digits at this stage so I'll err on the side of caution. Maybe @Goose17 will steer me straight. My window sticker says "CONVOY" so I'm assuming being we're 7 hours down I-75 from Flat Rock, it'll come via a single-day truck drive. My 2019 Jeep left Toledo one Sunday night and was here at the dealer the next morning 9:00am. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the GT500.

Looking forward to getting smarter by following threads here.

Thanks-
Rob

View attachment 213041
Welcome Rob! Great intro and awesome picture! Congrats on your inbound 2021!

I personally don’t worry about showing my license plates or posting my VIN for Earl (Snoopy49) to track the cars. Hopefully you find this forum informative and fun!

We do encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: Sgt Krypto

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Triple Black
4 Posts
Hello all. My name is CJ, I'm located in central OH, and I'm new to this site. Pretty excited about the '21 500 coming. User name is a funny reference to my friends (who secretly follow this page) who are die hard Viper/Mopar owners.
The little snakes are jealous of the King snake. :cool:
All of the Fords are pretty bad a$$ on here and I look forward to hearing about them.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hello all. My name is CJ, I'm located in central OH, and I'm new to this site. Pretty excited about the '21 500 coming. User name is a funny reference to my friends (who secretly follow this page) who are die hard Viper/Mopar owners.
All of the Fords are pretty bad a$$ on here and I look forward to hearing about them.
Welcome CJ!

Hey, all cars are fun. The first engine I rebuilt was a '57 Desoto [Chrysler] 330 Hemi. First awfulmatic transmixer I rebuilt was the 727 attached to that Hemi. I was glad to see them revive it and maybe put it in a Jeep. Now if FP would only put the Predator in a Bronco! I'd buy one [or two].

Regards-

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, New guy from Arizona, previous owner of a few SVO/SVT vehicles like 85 SVO mustang, 95 lightning, 99 Lightning, 03 Cobra, 2010 Gt500 and looking to get into a new GT500, Thanks for adding me.

Troy

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hello, New guy from Arizona, previous owner of a few SVO/SVT vehicles like 85 SVO mustang, 95 lightning, 99 Lightning, 03 Cobra, 2010 Gt500 and looking to get into a new GT500, Thanks for adding me.

Troy
Welcome Troy!

Reactions: Rubberdown

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,049 ·
Welcome CJ! That’s funny about your Viper buddies! 😆 The Viper is a cool-ass car! The new GT500 is “cool-er” though! 🤟

Looks like you are figuring out the forum... holler if you have any questions.

Troy
Welcome Troy! You’ve had some sa-weeet rides! You are going to seriously dig the new 500! Thanks for introducing yourself. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Triple Black
4 Posts
Welcome CJ!

Hey, all cars are fun. The first engine I rebuilt was a '57 Desoto [Chrysler] 330 Hemi. First awfulmatic transmixer I rebuilt was the 727 attached to that Hemi. I was glad to see them revive it and maybe put it in a Jeep. Now if FP would only put the Predator in a Bronco! I'd buy one [or two].

Regards-
That would be a pretty quick "off-road"pony.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Velocity Blue
16 Posts
Hey!

My name is Don, From Roselle, IL Suburb of Chicago.

Just got a 2020 GT500 Velocity Blue, Nabbed the Car with 220 miles on it "used". Story goes his wife didn't approve. His loss my gain.

Been enjoying cars for many years now Started with a 04 Mustang GT, to a 09 mustang GT with a Saleen SC to an 04 Viper. Market shot up this year so figured it was a good time to unload and upgrade to the GT500 and a taste of new technology. Blown away so far and really having issues getting to that 1000 mile "safe" mark. Pretty much a Golf and Race Car for me haha.

Really enjoying this Color it seems every angle throws you a different shade of blue.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,052 ·
Hey!

Just got a 2020 GT500 Velocity Blue, Nabbed the Car with 220 miles on it "used". Story goes his wife didn't approve. His loss my gain.

Been enjoying cars for many years now Started with a 04 Mustang GT, to a 09 mustang GT with a Saleen SC to an 04 Viper. Market shot up this year so figured it was a good time to unload and upgrade to the GT500 and a taste of new technology. Blown away so far and really having issues getting to that 1000 mile "safe" mark. Pretty much a Golf and Race Car for me haha.

Really enjoying this Color it seems every angle throws you a different shade of blue.

View attachment 213271
Absolutely GORGEOUS! :love: Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us that beauty Don!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hey!

View attachment 213271
Beautiful car, Don, congrats! Colors are almost inverse of mine [when I get it].
gt500vehicle.png.jpg

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
317 Posts
Hey!

View attachment 213271
Very nice. Greetings from Rockford.
Do you know the Stallions Gate club that's in that area?

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Velocity Blue
16 Posts
Very nice. Greetings from Rockford.
Do you know the Stallions Gate club that's in that area?
Never heard of that one, I slightly followed Chicagoland Mustang Club.

Im setting up a drag day June 19th @ Byron (friends and family) so they will get lanes for us set to the side. ill keep ya posted as it comes up and if we follow through with it.

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
20 Posts
Thank you for adding me. My name is Louis. I’m originally from NYC. The Minneapolis area has been my home for the last 28 years. I retired on 3/2/19. After retiring watching car reviews on YouTube became a favorite pastime. Channels like Raiti’s Rides, Stangmode, Shelby Flyer and Throttle House became my favorites. Loved the front of the Camaro ZL1 more than the GT350 so I was learning towards the Camaro. Then Ford came out with the new design for the GT500. It changed the entire ball game. Purchasing a new GT500 without an ADM became my new goal. The mustang app was a huge help. I was on that app everyday for several months plugging in zip codes. Checking all dealerships within a 500 mile radius of Minneapolis was the task. Eventually I found a beautiful velocity blue base model GT500 with white vinyl overhead stripes, recaro seats, carbon fiber instrument panel and the tech package. Didn’t get to drive it in January and February. Now that we’ve had several days in the 50’s, the velocity monstrosity has been on the road several times. Never owned a muscle car before. Man was I missing out. Love this vehicle. Proud to be a member of the mustang family.
Hey!

View attachment 213271
Love the color. Mine is velocity blue with white stripes.

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
20 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the site and to being a Shelby owner, but not new to mustangs. I’m up in Vancouver Canada, hoping there are some other members here from my area that would like to cruise.

Picked up a 2012, black, stripe delete, svtpp at the end of last summer. The car has Eibach coilovers, greggs watts link setup, steeds front and rear strut tower braces, Bora Atak axel backs and I just finished putting on a JLT intake, with the idler and 2.6 pulley etc... I have a new set of wheels and tires due to arrive in the next week or so that I’m very excited about as well. I do have a fitment question regarding those in the wheel and tire section if any one is interesting in taking a boo.
View attachment 213491

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,060 ·
Hey everyone, new to the site and to being a Shelby owner, but not new to mustangs. I’m up in Vancouver Canada, hoping there are some other members here from my area that would like to cruise.

Picked up a 2012, black, stripe delete, svtpp at the end of last summer. The car has Eibach coilovers, greggs watts link setup, steeds front and rear strut tower braces, Bora Atak axel backs and I just finished putting on a JLT intake, with the idler and 2.6 pulley etc... I have a new set of wheels and tires due to arrive in the next week or so that I’m very excited about as well. I do have a fitment question regarding those in the wheel and tire section if any one is interesting in taking a boo.
View attachment 213490 View attachment 213491
That’s a sharp and sinister looking 2012... congrats! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: CMcD 12GT500
2041 - 2060 of 2110 Posts