Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a member in need.Fee5707 clutch went out.Can all our experienced members with clutch problems PM him and help him out as much as you can.There are quite a few of you that are experienced in this field and he needs your help.

Sorry Jameson I know you don't like the attention but this will speed things along for you.:bandit:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fee. :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm good to go now =)

The dealership has ordered me a new trans, new clutch, and new flywheel (and bolts). Everything should be in monday possibly, and as soon as everything is in i will be there to take some pictures.

Ford was willing to do this, even with 22,000 miles on the car. I am a happy man, once again. Now i can spend the $6,000 i was going to have to spend on a new clutch and flywheel... on the new supercharger.... mmmm

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quick update:

New Clutch and Flywheel are installed.

Went to put the new Transmission in today... lifted it up and noticed there is a crack on the trans where the shifting linkage attaches... =/

New transmission is being expidited up as soon as possible. Looking like next week now before i get my baby back :ugh:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Correction: it's good I caught it =(

a week later and no new trans in sight. Dealer isn't sure when they are going to get a new one in either, waiting for info from their zone rep. =(

I miss my Shelby=(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Update:
pick her up tomorrow morning. =)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dealer covered everything.

Just got back from picking it up, decided to wait until the fog cleared out.

First drive: not what i expected, at all. I'm not sure I like it... =(

My first observations, which i'm not sure if it's just because it has been awhile since i've driven it (30 days) or if something is up... that will be determined with time... but anyways: the clutch is super... SUPER touchy... I about stalled it in the dealership parking lot because the travel is so short. The clutch itself is also really easy to push in now, before it was touch as balls, and i kinda liked that. Now i have about an inch of travel that i have to release suuuper slow, otherwise the car will jump... not sure if this is just because it needs worn in... or what...

Also 5th gear seemed to not want to go in the 4 times i tried. Then once i got it in to 5th gear, at about 100mph i had what felt like driveshaft vibrations (i have a 3.5" aluminum aftermarket one piece ds), which i didn't have before... grr.

any ideas? help? i guess the good news is first and second gear were smooth? =/ I don't know... just doesn't feel remotely similar to the same car i dropped off =(

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sure took them long enough! Good Luck. Hope your runnin soon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thank ya much.

Talked with my buddies, they mentioned the clutch thing may be air in the clutch... they were correct.

Back to Good =D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts