Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 3 hours detailing my car yesterday. I used Maguairs Gold Class Liquid wax. It really went on and off easy. It really made a difference. By the time I drove from my shop to my house that black had a nice coat of dust on it. It wipped right off with that new wax on it.

Has anyone noticed any rail dust on their car? It looks like a have some tiny white specs on my car, my neighbor at my office is a body shop and he warned me about rail dust before I ever picked up my car. He looked at it yesterday and said it looked like rail dust?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I alaso wanted to ask anyone what they use to clean their convert top? I have just been spraying it off with water and drying it. It really hasn't gotten that dirty yet. It has been down more than up.

Also does anyone have any info on aftermarket boot covers for the top? The stock one is really cheap looking to me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A good clay bar will remove the rail dust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I alaso wanted to ask anyone what they use to clean their convert top? I have just been spraying it off with water and drying it. It really hasn't gotten that dirty yet. It has been down more than up.

Also does anyone have any info on aftermarket boot covers for the top? The stock one is really cheap looking to me.
Do you have the factory boot cover? Or are you refering to the stock cover that shows when the top is down? The boot cover looks great to me. I have never heard of an aftermarket one. I don't remember the exact price, but the factory boot is expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 2008Shelby I will try that.

Sandyman, I was talking about the factory boot that comes with the car. I just think it looks cheap. On the original 68's if I remember correctly they look to be leather or "pleather. I just don't like the factory boot covers. I guess if the new Shelby's had snaps they would probably rust or be something else to break. I do think the factory boot is easy to put on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spent 3 hours detailing my car yesterday. I used Maguairs Gold Class Liquid wax. It really went on and off easy. It really made a difference. By the time I drove from my shop to my house that black had a nice coat of dust on it. It wipped right off with that new wax on it.

Has anyone noticed any rail dust on their car? It looks like a have some tiny white specs on my car, my neighbor at my office is a body shop and he warned me about rail dust before I ever picked up my car. He looked at it yesterday and said it looked like rail dust?
I see you use Maguairs and someone else talked about Zaino's to clean their car. Is one wax better than another?

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts

Brad, do you have any pics of your black beauty? I don't recall seeing any.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Is that yours on your avitar? I like the black with white stripes also, it looks mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts