Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember you have to hand wash your Shelby or you will ruin the stripes!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, Thanks for the advice. I must be a glutton for punishment, our car will be black with stripes. Since I have not yet recieved the VIN, I might change to white or that grabber orange with stripe delete. Do you think screwing with order change will throw us further down the list? Thanks for the pictures of the grabber orange. My first car was a 70 Mach 1, of course grabber orange.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would not change but that's up to you.It is not serialized so it would be ok!That's a personal choice!
My 1st car was a "68" Mustang.My greatest car is a 2007 Shelby Mustang,Torch Red with white stripes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We have an '06 GT black and the craziest thing we ever did with that was wash the car twice in one day with distilled water. Our cars are always hand washed, but black always needs extra care. I am assuming that the stripes will be of the same material as the '04 Mach 1s. They are very fragile. We intend to drive this car and I am sure we will stick with the black, as we talked about it for days before we placed our order.

·
Registered
67 Posts
'07, I have a red w/white stripe Shelby that has a vin & build date. Is there time to change color on a serialized car w/this much time before build & could it present a problem or delay production? PC

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shoyoright said:
'07, I have a red w/white stripe Shelby that has a vin & build date of 7/24. Is there time to change color on a serialized car w/this much time before build & could it present a problem or delay production? PC
I wouldn't take the chance but I would like my car without delay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts