Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the 2009 GT500 Owners Manual set. I can find the complete 08' version all day long on ebay, but the 2009 set for some reason isn't around much. Anyone sitting on a complete set collecting dust and want to sell at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
Looking for the 2009 GT500 Owners Manual set. I can find the complete 08' version all day long on ebay, but the 2009 set for some reason isn't around much. Anyone sitting on a complete set collecting dust and want to sell at a reasonable price?
My 2008 came with the regular 2008 Mustang owners manual set plus a GT500 Supplement which was not 2008 specific and covered the 2007-2009 GT500. <<<All of which I see in multiple auctions on eBay including the 2009 Mustang owners manual set and the 2007-2009 GT500 Supplement....

R

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2008 came with the regular 2008 Mustang owners manual set plus a GT500 Supplement which was not 2008 specific and covered the 2007-2009 GT500. <<<All of which I see in multiple auctions on eBay including the 2009 Mustang owners manual set and the 2007-2009 GT500 Supplement....

R
Yeah the issue is from a collectors standpoint, there is actually more literature in the set that states, '08' or '2008.' So I could buy an 08' set, but then I'd basically have to gut most of it to find replacements which seems pointless. I think I'll hold out for a while unless it becomes really difficult to find a reasonably priced 09' set.
Font Gadget Brand Transparency Envelope

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
.............and this one.....

The issue I find with "some" of these owners manual kits is that "some" contain more information (booklets and flyers) than others, so many times I have had to do a side-by-side stare and compare booklet by booklet, flyer by flyer to verify what is there and what is not there in these kits? If I am paying good money for this information, I want to get the most complete kit......<<Including original safety flyer cards, original tire warranty info., etc.......

The GT500 Supplement will most likely be a separate purchase.........

R

·
Registered
07 GT500
455 Posts
When I bought my car I didn't want to open my packet but had to because I needed to read it. But I went online and bought one still in the wrapper unopened.
Here is where I got mine
You can also look here
Ebay was nuts at how much they wanted. In a couple years my 07 set will sell for millions. LOL

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
When I bought my car I didn't want to open my packet but had to because I needed to read it. But I went online and bought one still in the wrapper unopened.
Here is where I got mine
You can also look here
Ebay was nuts at how much they wanted. In a couple years my 07 set will sell for millions. LOL
The sealed unopened option is nice to keep with and in the car and the closer to new the vehicle is, the easier it is to find. Once these cars get a few years on them the sealed oem owners kit is harder to find and "EXPENSIVE".........and yes, the basic owners manual itself can be bought and the GT500 Supplement, but it is all of the other cool info. that originally came in the owners kit that is usually only available pre-owned............Some of these original owners kits had 5, 6, or even 8+ pieces of documentation that were originally included, and that is where a stare and compare has to be done to verify the kit is complete (or has the most original documentation).

R

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
If you did find a NOS manual(s) and wanted to keep it pristine, you should be able to download pdfs form the Ford Owner's website. I use the pdfs exclusively when researching things on my cars.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but since the Owners Manual is "usually" stored in the glovebox, I have to show off my glovebox, it is a rare opportunity!!

So this is how it started..............the Normal look..............

...............and then quite a few years ago, probably 10 years ago, I came across this odd looking thing on eBay, called a Mustang Glovebox Organizer, it was "Used/Preowned" so it was nothing I could buy multiples of and I have never seen another one.......

.........a rather simple looking item........

........and the end result is this.........

I could not believe what a cool piece it is and it has a felt finish so things are quiet and don't move around......Even in today's world, it would be cool to have it replicated, I believe it fits 2005-2014 Mustang - All....

Sorry, I had to show off my glovebox!!

R

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
Another GT500 Super Snake and GT500KR specific item for the glovebox..........

This use and care manual is for all Shelby related Alcoa's.......and if I remember correctly, a GT500KR is shown inside this manual.....I would have to check to verify......

R

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
Yes, the GT500KR is shown in this Alcoa manual, the original show car KR with the 20's, but yes a GT500KR......

.............and the Super Snake got two places in this manual.....

R

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you did find a NOS manual(s) and wanted to keep it pristine, you should be able to download pdfs form the Ford Owner's website. I use the pdfs exclusively when researching things on my cars.
Yep I downloaded all the pdf files already and that was the intent. Actually just easier too.

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is where I got mine
You can also look here
When I went to that site which is what the Ford dealer recommended as well, I only found a 'Mustang' set, not a GT500 set with portfolio. Did you find a purchase a GT500 set from helminc, or just build everything out individually?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I see you have a KR. Do you also need the specific Shelby KR supplement? It was included with the regular 2009 GT500 supplement and owners manual and went over things KR specific like the CF spoiler and hood pins etc

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see you have a KR. Do you also need the specific Shelby KR supplement? It was included with the regular 2009 GT500 supplement and owners manual and went over things KR specific like the CF spoiler and hood pins etc
Yes ideally to be proper I could build all that out as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes ideally to be proper I could build all that out as well.
I can’t help with a 2009 regular GT500 set but I do have a KR specific supplement I’ll sell. PM if interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts