Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed Order for 2020 carbon fiber pack in June 2019, put significant down payment, still no car, dealer says “there is a hold on materials” FINALLY called headquarters today, was told by Noah in Ford Performance “ production will resume SOME TIME IN MARCH” when i asked Why production stopped and the response was surprising “ due to the sport cup 2 tire does not like the cold weather and they will crack so we are waiting on warmer weather” REALLY....???!!! Anyone else out there just awaiting and getting frustrated?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,685 Posts
I placed Order for 2020 carbon fiber pack in June 2019, put significant down payment, still no car, dealer says “there is a hold on materials” FINALLY called headquarters today, was told by Noah in Ford Performance “ production will resume SOME TIME IN MARCH” when i asked Why production stopped and the response was surprising “ due to the sport cup 2 tire does not like the cold weather and they will crack so we are waiting on warmer weather” REALLY....???!!! Anyone else out there just awaiting and getting frustrated?
Welcome to the forum Sovine!

What you were told is correct. Sport Cup 2 cars (CFTP) had a pause in production since those tires crack when exposed to freezing temps. As long as you have a valid order, it will come. The wait is not always easy.

I see you found snoopy49’s thread. Earl does a good job keeping members informed on their cars.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts