Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never bought a high end rim for any of my vehicles, but am considering it for the Shelby.

However, if I'm spending the dough- I found myself wanting a lightweight high quality 1 piece forged rim. I found these Volk RE30s in gun metal and really like the look (reminds me of a 10th anniversary SVT rim a bit).

They are really light which is a plus for this car. I'm not anti-japanese at all, I have an Sti and a Suzuki motorcycle- BUT something about the big stamp on the lip that says "made in Japan" is throwing up a caution light.

Is it sacrilege to put these on the big old American muscle GT500?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Rather have Japanese aluminum then something coming from Bejing.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
I personally like the stock rims but I also think those would look good and it's your car so do what makes you happy. You could alway's have a shop stamp a U over the J to keep people guessing...."Martha where the hell is Uapan?"
:cheers:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it isn't a big deal. I am not in a big hurry, so I'll keep looking and thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Looks like it isn't a big deal. I am not in a big hurry, so I'll keep looking and thinking.
If you want an American made wheel, look at the Asanti's. Made in USA.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
I love the CCW's, but I can't justify spending that... There are a lot of nice wheels for less than half of that. I don't really care for the stock wheels, so I'll be upgrading when I burn through these tires.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Asanti looks decent, but I'm not looking for 3 piece style and that seems like their forte.

What about true forged? Anyone have experience with them?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I love the CCW's, but I can't justify spending that... There are a lot of nice wheels for less than half of that.
Please share! I would strongly consider a less expensive alternative.
I just cannot stand the "fake" 3 piece look! If the bolts are there, they should be functional.

The sizes I want are: front 18/19x9.5 and rear 18/19x11.0.
I have had no luck finding matching wheels in these sizes except from;
CCW, Fiske, TruForged, IForged, HRE, etc....

And of those researched, CCW's were the least expensive.

The new offerings from Steeda are nice but they are 20" diameters. To maintain the overall gear ratio, that will require a rear gear change. And you have to suffer the ride penalty that 20" wheels incur.

·
Registered
97 Posts
True Forged had good prices on two-piece wheels so that is another option.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
Honestly RL, everything I'm finding is a 20, so if 19s are necessary, CCW is probably your best bet. I haven't been researching too much, but if I run across something I'll let you know. I also kinda like the 2010s wheels. I'm shying away from the 19s for tire options.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Completely up to you and what makes you happy. Personally i'll be going with BBS GT's. I have two friends with CCW wheels on their cars, one has a termi cobra and the other a Supra. Both sets look amazing and they are completely happy with the wheels as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts