Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does better tuning for the gt500's? Vmp or evolution?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have used both and purchased parts/ tunes from both vmp is my pick justin is a small co and i get better cust . service from him .his tunes is great and he is not always trying to SELL SELL SELL .HE WILL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS .AND DOES A GREAT JOB 428cj

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
+1 Done both and agree its VMP.Tunes seem much more accurate as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Another VMP here. Justin gives great service. Never dealt with Evo.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't used either just because of the distance but I will put a plug in for Justin based on the amount of information I see him sharing with our community. I see him posting technical information on multiple forums that benefits all of us whether we are customers or not and to me that speaks volumes about his character.

Without him even knowing he is helping sometimes he has saved some of us a ton of money and frustration. I am not speaking ill of Evo in my comments, I am just saying if Justin was closer to me I know where my $ would have been spent.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ive heard great things from both companies. I am probably going to go through VMP because there in Florida. If I lived in PA i'd go to EVO. My neighbor has gone through Evo and had nothing but wonderful things. He said they worked through his tune not finishing it until it was perfect. We are so blessed to have 2 great companies so heres to both of them.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I too live in FL. Justin is a great guy. He definately (yes I know I cannot spell definately correctly - thank you computer for trying to correct me - its just not happening)

again,

he (Justin) definately knows what he is doing. His tune is safe and on par with what can be made with what setup you're running. There is no magical formula to make power from nothing unless you risk damage to your engine. Justin's tunes are customized to your car and I have had no issues with them.

I would recommend a friend of family to see Justin, and would use him again for more work.

I have never used Evolution since I live I FL it makes no sense to do so.

TD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went with VMP after my phone call with EVO that was less than impressive. Guy couldn't wait to get me off the phone and I only asked a couple simple questions.

Justin has been great at getting back to PM's I have sent.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've never called EVO so I can't speak to their phone etiquette.

They seem to know how to tune a GT500 though for sure!

I've got to give VMP serious props for how the entire operation is conducted, in a professional manner.

TD

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I've intentionally refrained from posting to see the direction this post was headed. But I'll contribute my 2 cents now.

I have yet to have the occasion to do business with Evolution Performance. Like most shops they have many satisfied and some dissatisfied customers. This is unavoidable and not at all an indictment on how they do business.

All that said, I am a loyal VMP Tuning customer! Perhaps also being a small business owner I just "understand" Justin better but we have a great customer/business relationship.

If I have a question or comment, I just email him and it is usually answered within a day or so. Parts orders have always been promptly followed with UPS tracking data.

Final tuning has been simplified by his datalogging template he provides for the SCT tuners.

Thus far, I only wish he were closer. I'd love to put my car on his dyno with him!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have not tried VMP so can not offer any input on them.
I started working with Evolution Performance back in 2008 and I’m still a satisfied customer.
They do exactly what they promise they will do, then some.

As you can see, I recently asked them to put together a complete engine package for me. They have done so down to the last little detail, answering all questions promptly and completely and sometimes twice.
So while I can’t truly compare Evolution Performance to VMP I can honestly say Evolution Performance is DAM GOOD! I feel I get my monies worth every time I deal with them.
I’m a picky and a perfectionist; I do my homework, expect the best and will not leave anything to chance.

My only regret is that I couldn’t get my car to them so they could build and install the engine.
Instead they set up all the major parts and shipped them to Killifornia for assembly.
And I can’t wait to get her back-up and running!

Fuel Type: Torco diluted with Killifornia gas.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have done business with both companies and I have no complaints. Evolution talked me thru by phone when I install the 2.6 pulley and he. Also I have asked them other questions which were answer promptly. Justin (VMP)answers all of his emails within a day or two. I drove my car all the way to Florida because I wanted it tune on the dyno for the extra horsepower. His work was good and professional. His main business is tuning and selling parts off the internet, but he will turned wrenches if you asked him too. I will do business with both companies whenever I need a service, part or advice.

For you guys wanting a little extra horsepower but do not want to do a full port job on the stock blower, I recommend the larger TB and larger elbow. You can then matched the elbow with the blower and make more horsepower.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
JimC's post about sums up my experience. Evolution will be great to you if you have deep pockets and want to build a race motor with a big blower.

VMP will treat you right no matter what you're spending. Justin has been excellent to deal with, and I'm lucky enough to live within an hour of him, so very convenient for me. I would recommend him to anyone though, near or far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JimC's post about sums up my experience. Evolution will be great to you if you have deep pockets and want to build a race motor with a big blower.

VMP will treat you right no matter what you're spending. Justin has been excellent to deal with, and I'm lucky enough to live within an hour of him, so very convenient for me. I would recommend him to anyone though, near or far.
Let me correct a miss conception, I only recently ask Fred to set me up with a engine. When I first started dealing with Evo Performance I wasn't spending lots of money, especially not compared to what many others were spending then or now, or with any vender. I started with suspension went to drive train then engines.

They treated me good when I was'nt spending big bucks, I certanily would not have asked them to put together an engine if they hadn't or I didn't trust them.

Ok having said that, we can go on forever about who is and isn't.
It sounds like the venders are all working to do their best at providing quality service.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I think that you clearly can't go wrong with either place.

Seems some folks are happy with each and in some cases both places.

Different companies serving different needs. Nobody is going to have a 100% satisfaction rating.

Seems like both these places are doing something right.

Keep up the good work.

TD

·
Registered
69 Posts
The way you can tell a good company from a bad company is how they handle a problem when somethings goes wrong. Do they stand behind what they do? or do you get the run around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts