Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , Installed the VMP 2.5 pulley , idler and tune about 2 weeks ago on my stock 2012 GT500 , and all seemed really good .

Just in the last 2 times of driving it , I'm noticing a major power drop when the car gets completely warmed up . Cold it's an animal , and you can feel the difference the pulley and tune made , but a unfortunate noticeable difference when I drive it for a while .

Now , it has got a little warmer here on Long Island - but 82 degrees with a little humidity isn't what I would consider brutal .

It's definitely bogging down on a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th , when cold it blows the tires away ..

No codes or anything . Checked under the hood and all seems ok - nothing loose - supercharger belt tight .

Temp guage is reading just below half - even completely heated up .

Any thoughts , ideas much appreciated ..- thanks .

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Heat soaked, timing is getting pulled. The 12 and earlier cars have pathetic stock SC cooling. You should upgrade to VMP's triple pass heat exchanger. I bet that will solve your issue.

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
hey guys , Installed the VMP 2.5 pulley , idler and tune about 2 weeks ago on my stock 2012 GT500 , and all seemed really good .

Just in the last 2 times of driving it , I'm noticing a major power drop when the car gets completely warmed up . Cold it's an animal , and you can feel the difference the pulley and tune made , but a unfortunate noticeable difference when I drive it for a while .

Now , it has got a little warmer here on Long Island - but 82 degrees with a little humidity isn't what I would consider brutal .

It's definitely bogging down on a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th , when cold it blows the tires away ..

No codes or anything . Checked under the hood and all seems ok - nothing loose - supercharger belt tight .

Temp guage is reading just below half - even completely heated up .

Any thoughts , ideas much appreciated ..- thanks .
Probably a bad tune as the heading implies.

Say hello to my little friend

http://support.vmpperformance.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

bj

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
680 Posts
Yeah, you have to watch BJ, does all sorts of things to your car, then it runs like a bat out hell, I'm sure BJ can solve your issue real quick-just don't ask for 2.5-dang that keeps popping up...he just did my '10 at SF, couldn't be happier.

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
If guys would contact Bj with issues they would be resolved quickly. That's what he does.
Big problems & failures are very rare with VMP's setups.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Is the intercooler pump working? Check for flow in the tank.

·
Banned
9,881 Posts
First time I got a tune with the new SC it was also a tad off. Just got a hold of VMP and they sent a revision right away. All good since then.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock - I did this upgrade , and not the supercharger upgrade because I didn't want to get into spending a lot more $$ to " follow through " with necessary upgrades to make this one work properly - if you know what I mean ....
I know with a supercharger or turbocharger , heat can produce negative effects on performance - but I didn't think this much .....

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sent an email to VMP support - just figured being it was a Saturday , and they aren't in , I would get some opinions until I speak to them on Monday ....

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that's what I have to wind up doing - I'll do it , but I was hoping to do this "upgrade" without having to spend a lot more $$$ and time having to do other things for it to run properly - unless this is an issue with all the 11 - 12 GT500's whether they are stock or not . I do know that I never noticed this while my car was stock - not to argue with what you're telling me - makes sense - thanks

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I would do a data log tomorrow...or read up from VMP's site....that will be the first thing BJ will need to get you squared away. You are in great hands! Top notch customer service!

Dave

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
We see trouble tickets every day. We saw yours. We will mail you instructions to datalog. We're happy to support your purchase. Just to be clear, if you have a question or concerns, this is why people choose us... Support.

I'm assuming you understand that we're not thrilled to read "trouble with VMP...." in a headline when there is not been any attempt to reach us.

Please allow us to assist prior to condemning our products and services.

We spend a monumental amount of time assisting and supporting customers and forums.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Please allow us to assist prior to condemning our products and services.
Quoting for truth and my own experience. VMP is awesome at customer service and they will take care of you.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.