Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2020 GT500
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Amazing numbers, Congrats!
I just noticed the post is from last year, so good to ask how is it so far? 😁

And I was wondering why TQ is little far from the HP. Not specifically for this setup but I noticed that the TQ in the new shelby is little low compared to the HP!
Thanks, it's been completely worry free. Just put 93 in and go. That's what I like about simple setups like these. I've been very impressed with the VMP 81mm IC brick also as I've been driving the car in some pretty nasty hot FL summer weather. The MCTs remain very good during extended pulls even in our summer heat.

For the torque numbers, many tuners like to keep peak torque down a hair so you don't bump against the built-in DCT torque protection. I've not once had a single DCT fault or a prevented shift since I went with the setup so it's working very well.

· Registered
2021 shelby gt500
175 Posts
Thanks, it's been completely worry free. Just put 93 in and go. That's what I like about simple setups like these. I've been very impressed with the VMP 81mm IC brick also as I've been driving the car in some pretty nasty hot FL summer weather. The MCTs remain very good during extended pulls even in our summer heat.

For the torque numbers, many tuners like to keep peak torque down a hair so you don't bump against the built-in DCT torque protection. I've not once had a single DCT fault or a prevented shift since I went with the setup so it's working very well.
Glad to hear you are enjoying it 😍

I think I will need that VMP 81mm IC in the future specially in the hot summer weather over here, where it reach up to 110 f degree 🔥😂

· Registered
2020 GT500
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I am a little late to this thread, but @SnakeCollector how is this kit holding up, and are you still happy with it?
Completely worry free over a year later. The only thing I have added since the initial install is an adjustable aux. idler from Evolution. Just felt better having one just in case. Carryover from my Terminator days.

· Registered
2021 Carbonized Gray GT500
18 Posts
Just returned from SEMA and saw the new Predator parts from VMP. New aux idler, new IC bricks, new lid, new pulleys and new 3.1L supercharger. I spoke with one of their engineers and tuners and they recommend I wait until the new OE drag pack parts hit the website. They told me their new 81mm IC brick will be much cheaper (made by another company than PWR) and their own proprietary pulley and hub system. Looked like VMP went all in on the Predator blower stuff, but not surprising given the Raptor R is hitting the market soon.
After speaking with their people at the show, I'm thinking the new OE drag pack and their new lid is my plan. The lid is supposedly designed with more volume and better distribution to the IC brick that helps with power and IAT's substantially. Exciting stuff!

· Registered
2020 GT500
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just returned from SEMA and saw the new Predator parts from VMP. New aux idler, new IC bricks, new lid, new pulleys and new 3.1L supercharger. I spoke with one of their engineers and tuners and they recommend I wait until the new OE drag pack parts hit the website. They told me their new 81mm IC brick will be much cheaper (made by another company than PWR) and their own proprietary pulley and hub system. Looked like VMP went all in on the Predator blower stuff, but not surprising given the Raptor R is hitting the market soon.
After speaking with their people at the show, I'm thinking the new OE drag pack and their new lid is my plan. The lid is supposedly designed with more volume and better distribution to the IC brick that helps with power and IAT's substantially. Exciting stuff!
VMP is a really solid company. They are very committed to the platform so it’s awesome seeing more innovation coming out for it. They are local to me also which is a bonus 😎

· Registered
2021 GT500
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I wonder if it will still be EO/CARB certified :unsure:

· Registered
2020 GT500
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Update on my car:

Since E85 is now widely available in my area, I decided to switch over.

Did the following:
  • ID1300s
  • JMS BAP
  • Dyno retune
On a conservative tune the car put down some solid numbers and drives even better than before. Very smooth and controlled yet an absolute animal at the same time.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts