Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas - I thought I would just fill you in on the new VMP Drag Pack kit for the 2020 GT500. I personally donated my car as the test mule to VMP, so that they could receive their CARB legal certification (EPA compliant) for all 50 states. These parts are available individually and have proven to be outstanding in performance. My personal goal was to get the car around 900 HP to the tire without sacrificing drivability, reliability and convenience of using pump fuel. I should mention that the car does have a prototype blower with boost levels turned down to 15 psi using a 2.8 pulley (stock exhaust, stock intake, VMP tune on CARB controlled 93 octane with no additives at the time of testing). I have since added a JLT intake (not 50 state legal). As for fuel, here at home I'm running BP 93 with a half bottle of Boostane to a full tank. Parts list included their new 81mm intercooler core, 112mm throttle body with spacer, 2.6 pulley (now running 2.8 with the JLT), billet tensioner and fresh belt.

While I had the motor down, I also had the strut tower brace, intake kit, fuse box cover, hood vent and Gurney wing Carbon Dipped by Project 6 (Need For Speed Motorsports) out of Glendale CA. I will post some better pics next week when I have the wheels put on the car (also carbon dipped) as well. Just trying to keep it looking clean, but not the same as every other 500 out there.

Here is a link to the parts video from VMP - tell them Chuck Lenhart sent you. :)

Eng bay no intake.jpg

Pre JLT

Engine bay.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,830 Posts
Hey fellas - I thought I would just fill you in on the new VMP Drag Pack kit for the 2020 GT500. I personally donated my car as the test mule to VMP, so that they could receive their CARB legal certification (EPA compliant) for all 50 states. These parts are available individually and have proven to be outstanding in performance. My personal goal was to get the car around 900 HP to the tire without sacrificing drivability, reliability and convenience of using pump fuel. I should mention that the car does have a prototype blower with boost levels turned down to 15 psi using a 2.8 pulley (stock exhaust, stock intake, VMP tune on CARB controlled 93 octane with no additives at the time of testing). I have since added a JLT intake (not 50 state legal). As for fuel, here at home I'm running BP 93 with a half bottle of Boostane to a full tank. Parts list included their new 81mm intercooler core, 112mm throttle body with spacer, 2.6 pulley (now running 2.8 with the JLT), billet tensioner and fresh belt.

While I had the motor down, I also had the strut tower brace, intake kit, fuse box cover, hood vent and Gurney wing Carbon Dipped by Project 6 (Need For Speed Motorsports) out of Glendale CA. I will post some better pics next week when I have the wheels put on the car (also carbon dipped) as well. Just trying to keep it looking clean, but not the same as every other 500 out there.

Here is a link to the parts video from VMP - tell them Chuck Lenhart sent you. :)

View attachment 218901

Pre JLT

View attachment 218903 View attachment 218903

View attachment 218904

View attachment 218905
Awesome Chuck! 🤟

Thanks for sharing! 🍻

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue/Oxford White GT500 CFTP
21 Posts
Is JLT making a Carbon Fiber intake now or did you have it hydro dipped?

NEVERMIND I SEE IT ABOVE

·
Registered
2020 GT500
91 Posts
Very cool. Has the car hit the rollers yet? If so, what did it put down?

·
Registered
2020 GT500
91 Posts
It made 903 / 650 at 15 lbs on 93.
Great numbers! I’ve been trying to get a hold of VMP for a while to inquire about a small build but they need to hire more phone staff. I’ve given up after being on hold for 45 mins. 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts