Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody gone with the VMP stealth 2.65 pulley? I have the FRRP intake and know they do custom tunes just wondering about the results and if it's a good mod.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Its in the sig.

Some of the best $$ I've ever spent. technically there is not an idler though it says that in my sig, but a replacment tensioning pulley. I posted photos here somewhere on a different thread about this.

TD

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The pulley works very well.

If you're local take your car to Justin.

If not, just be aware it's about ~5-7 day turnaround to receive tunes based off datalogs.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not local and I don't know whether this is a mod I can do myself or if I need to take it somewhere. There is a local tuner here in Tulsa so I guess I'll check with him....otherwise I'll call Justin and get his tune...thanks for the info!:cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its in the sig.

Some of the best $$ I've ever spent. technically there is not an idler though it says that in my sig, but a replacment tensioning pulley. I posted photos here somewhere on a different thread about this.

TD
Can't swear to it, but I thought I read somewhere that the tensioning pulley was not an easy intall or that there was no bracket for it or something. I was leaning towards one of these also. Any feedback on the tensioning pulley?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the 2.65 pulley and the 90mm idler. I changed out my belt because I also got the 10% damper too and they work perfect together. The pulley amd idler was likea sock replacement just a tight squeeze to get to da idler. Only adjustments made was for the damper.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the 2.65 pulley and the 90mm idler. I changed out my belt because I also got the 10% damper too and they work perfect together. The pulley amd idler was likea sock replacement just a tight squeeze to get to da idler. Only adjustments made was for the damper.
Is that the 08 damper? I want to do it all at the same time. Can the belt not be re-used?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Is that the 08 damper? I want to do it all at the same time. Can the belt not be re-used?
The 10% larger Innovations West damper is not identical to the '08 damper. The '08 damper is the same size as the '07 damper, it just has less mass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts