Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to the group and just purchased a new 2021 GT00 with vinyl strips. Has anyone else had issues with the strips coming off?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Hello all,
I'm new to the group and just purchased a new 2021 GT00 with vinyl strips. Has anyone else had issues with the strips coming off?
Welcome to the forum! The only issues I’ve seen across social media are when someone used a pressure washer or took their car though an automated car wash. The owner’s manual talks about avoiding both of those.

I know you put this in our new member section, but since it wasn’t an intro thread, I moved it to our problems section. If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you can make an intro thread here:

·
Registered
2021 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! The only issues I’ve seen across social media are when someone used a pressure washer or took their car though an automated car wash. The owner’s manual talks about avoiding both of those.

I know you put this in our new member section, but since it wasn’t an intro thread, I moved it to our problems section. If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you can make an intro thread here:

Yes it does, but this was hand wash with a wash glove.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
2021 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Antonn
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Reactions: SmoothBlackSilk

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
My vinyl still looks as good as new a year later. Just have to be mindful when washing the car and use common sense. No issues.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
381 Posts
You can use a pressure washer on the stripes, but use a 45 degree nozzle and stay at least 2 feet away from the surface. Hand wash anything that doesn’t come off with that method.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
No problem with vinyl stripes coming off here. Just follow the advice of NOT pressure washing it, ie, any type of the automatic car washes. I wouldn’t even consider taking a painted striped model through any type of pressure washing. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem with vinyl stripes coming off here. Just follow the advice of NOT pressure washing it, ie, any type of the automatic car washes. I wouldn’t even consider taking a painted striped model through any type of pressure washing. Just my 2 cents.
Did you even see my response to the first answer?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Did you even see my response to the first answer?
Just confirming… you mention 2021 GT500 in the first post, but you have 2012 listed under your screen name. This is a 2021 we are talking about… right?

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts