Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked for this again so here goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have been asked for this again so here goes.
Thanks 07, great information and I will have to study it closely.:confused: I am sure you will get more questions on this post than any other.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I assume the numerical sequence identifier is the key in this post as to where our untis stand in production for 2007?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume the numerical sequence identifier is the key in this post as to where our untis stand in production for 2007?

No it is all random period.I could track maybe the 1st 600 Shelbys but thats it.The Shelbys are in the mix with all Mustangs.It was built in the 2006 model mix before the 2007's.I am sure there will be a breakdown in the future,but I don't have it.They are not sequential.They are random.Sorry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks 07. So, the sequence number isn't really the serial number then? Is there any way to determine your serial number from the VIN?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 07. So, the sequence number isn't really the serial number then? Is there any way to determine your serial number from the VIN?
What serial #?You mean what order your Shelby was built in?1 or 2 or 400th?If that is the question,no.There is no way to tell what # your Shelby was built out of 9,000.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Is the date that is shown on the bottom of the invoice and window sticker the serialize date?

Thanks
In my case, the Serialize Date was 21 April and the only date I can find on my sticker is 05 June.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the date that is shown on the bottom of the invoice and window sticker the serialize date?

Thanks
There is a thread called "10 steps to getting a Shelby"and it will explain all the steps.

Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

You can find it here.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95&highlight=10+steps+to+getting+a+shelby

·
Registered
65 Posts
What serial #?You mean what order your Shelby was built in?1 or 2 or 400th?If that is the question,no.There is no way to tell what # your Shelby was built out of 9,000.

That's what I was trying to figure out, what number out of the total number built. I guess there's not way to tell so I'll just be happy knowing that I got one of the first 9,000. Well, should get one of the first 9,000. I don't have mine yet. I'm hoping that it will be before the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I was trying to figure out, what number out of the total number built. I guess there's not way to tell so I'll just be happy knowing that I got one of the first 9,000. Well, should get one of the first 9,000. I don't have mine yet. I'm hoping that it will be before the end of the year.

I am sure in the future they will be able to pick the Shelbys out of the total Mustang build and then we will know but it hasn't happened yet.If they do I will be sure to post it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I am sure in the future they will be able to pick the Shelbys out of the total Mustang build and then we will know but it hasn't happened yet.If they do I will be sure to post it.
Yes, I think that we will be able to find out what number in line we are after the 2007s have all been issued. I remember early on this year reading that a certificate would be offered for about $30 that would have all that information on it for us. I'm pretty sure it was from SVT.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think people are wanting an order in which there car was built. The old Shelbys had a ford vin number and then an 4 digit Shelby number which is even on the registration and pink slip. The Shelby tag was riveted over the ford vin on the front left finder by the shock tower. It appears that our 07's order is not going to be that easy to figure out untill ford puts out a list

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think people are wanting an order in which there car was built. The old Shelbys had a ford vin number and then an 4 digit Shelby number which is even on the registration and pink slip. The Shelby tag was riveted over the ford vin on the front left finder by the shock tower. It appears that our 07's order is not going to be that easy to figure out untill ford puts out a list
I believe you are completely correct! I would have loved for there to have been a Shelby tag put on with a sequence number! Maybe that is something that could be suggested to go along with the certificate (assuming that will be offered), if we knew who to take it to! Any thoughts on that, 07 SHELBY?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts