Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone believe that my 1 week old needs the TSB? The whole car shakes upon clutch release in 1st only (from a dead stop). This is not evident at any other time. I do notice that if i rev the motor higher upon take off i have no vibration.

Fill me in fellers...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an '09, literally 2 weeks old.. I took it to the dealership for a test ride and the tech confirmed the problem. You'd think they would look at this before they sell the car but i guess not. I am set for a December service.
Thanks for your reply.

Where in the country are you located milez?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
it's an '09, literally 2 weeks old.. I took it to the dealership for a test ride and the tech confirmed the problem. You'd think they would look at this before they sell the car but i guess not. I am set for a December service.
Thanks for your reply.

When was your car built? The date appears on a label on the driver's side door jam. I understand that if your build date is after 8/15/08 then you already have the new flywheel that the TSB installs.

The GT500 clutch does take some practice to get moving along from a stop. I always throttle up a bit just before releasing the clutch in first - approx. 1500 to 1800 rpm and it drops in smoothly.

I have a 2007 and it's getting the TSB done right now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

Va.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. it was built in 9/08.
I don't think i'm going to cancel the service appointment though. I'll let them know the build date and see what they say.
They already ordered the parts and never asked about the build date.

We'll see.

Thank you sir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts