Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Nice forum. Having just switched out of my 05 Vette for an 09 Shelby I was happy to see this forum.

I can already see this is going to be one of my first stops when signing on.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Hi all,

Nice forum. Having just switched out of my 05 Vette for an 09 Shelby I was happy to see this forum.

I can already see this is going to be one of my first stops when signing on.
Congrats on your purchase and post pics of your car. You can burn the 80's disco shirt and sell the gold chains.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I hope you don't mind me asking, Just curious what your guys reasons were for choosing to sell your vettes for the gt500?

When I was looking at buying a summer toy I was debating vipers and vettes but I went with the shelby for a few reasons.

congrats on your car!

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I hope you don't mind me asking, Just curious what your guys reasons were for choosing to sell your vettes for the gt500?

When I was looking at buying a summer toy I was debating vipers and vettes but I went with the shelby for a few reasons.

congrats on your car!
I sold a 2003 C5. My wife's idea. She rocks. She said you don't need a Vette, you can get an 3r3ction. Enough said.

bj

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
* Power, the Vette was rated at 186 mph (like I needed that). The Shelby is raw power, I figured out on the test drive you have to know how to handle that power. In my Opinion, the Vette does not require that level of attention so this just came down to "The Shelby is more fun"
* Looks, the Vista Blue with those white stripes, WOW
* Costs, anything to do for the Vette is easily three times the price. And I would have needed to go to the ZR1 for a factory supercharger.
* Modern looking cabin. The Vette had more gadgets like the HUD but everything else was typical chevy.
* Wife was scared to death looking at the center of tractor trailer wheels at 80 mph. She thanked me for parting with the Vette.
* I was running out of 80's T-shirts. All kidding aside I went to Corvettes at Carlisle this past summer and it felt like I was the youngest guy there. There were a ton of guys on their Hoveround scooters, no lie!
* I had a 67 Mustang as a teen in the 80's and I was never able to build it out. So there was defiantly some reminiscing happening
* My 05 Vette had 75K and I traded to a 5K ride
* My past three trucks have been Fords. Short of tires, breaks, and fluids I have had no major issues with the brand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So how does the GT500 perform in comparison with the Vette. Though it should not matter, most of the "races" I found in youtube.com the GT500 loses due to wheel spin. I guess due to the weight, it just spins tires. what are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only had the Shelby a week but my initial thoughts is the traction control on the Vette kept the rear to the road slightly better than the Shelby. But I could still spin the Vette's wheels even with the TC on as well.

The weight is defiantly noticeable so it will interesting to have a "red light moment" with a Vette.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and post pics of your car. You can burn the 80's disco shirt and sell the gold chains.
Having recently sold my Vette I wondered if you would like my gold chains and watch ? They work well as drives for over head cams, too. I did the boat anchor to simulate the extra weight when I got the GT500 you can have this too. LOL:rofl:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
congrats and welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went from a 03 Terminator to an 06 C6 and then to an 08 C6 and now an 11 GT 500. I will never own a GM product again! I have owned 21 New Fords and 10 Used Fords and those 2 Vettes where in the shop more than all my Fords combined. The Shelby is also much more comfortable to drive as far as seat and driver position is concerned. The 11 is also quicker than the 06 LS2, but the 08 with LS3 would be quicker off the line but after that the raw power of the Shelby wins out. I sold my gold chains and leisure suit with the vette...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,235 Posts
I had to sell my family Prius for my Shelby :cool:
You are hereby awarded 10 pushups for resurrecting a 10 year old thread, which is now closed due to age.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.