Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,829 Posts
Hi, I am looking for a used 2020 GT 500 in Velocity Blue. Low miles. No Carbon Fiber Track pkg.Must : Recaros, Technology. Likes: stripes, exposed carbon i/p
Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your hunt!

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
36 Posts

Make offer option is always a try....

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
36 Posts

Not the color you want but has all the goodies you do...

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Rapid Red 2020 GT350R Silver/Black
98 Posts
I sold my 20 with sofa seats but velocity blue and 103 miles to dealer here in Florida- sold for 77k - dealer is asking 91k- ridiculous - for sale almost 2 months- BoastVW in Bradenton, Florida. It is also on ebay now. I would not pay those prices- got new cars at msrp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I sold my 20 with sofa seats but velocity blue and 103 miles to dealer here in Florida- sold for 77k - dealer is asking 91k- ridiculous - for sale almost 2 months- BoastVW in Bradenton, Florida. It is also on ebay now. I would not pay those prices- got new cars at msrp.
damn - too bad you and schooner71 couldn't hook up before. All dealers mark up the cars. Doesn't mean they will get it. Dealer and I weren't even close when we started talking. As to seats - I've never liked Recaros. Expensive, really uncomfortable and butt ugly. Had them in a couple Porsches.

I do agree - doesn't seem to be any cost advantage to buying a used 2020. Prices are the same or higher that new.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I got my new 2020 rapid red with recaroes which I did not want at msrp- no stripes with black roof- my preference also. Dealer is dreaming at 91k for my old car- he will be lucky to get 80k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You described my car to the letter but I’m not selling. Good luck with your search 👍
You show great taste in cars:)

Make offer option is always a try....
no Recaros

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
10 Posts
You show great taste in cars:)

no Recaros
No way that you should pay that markup. Don’t know how far you’re willing to travel but I traveled 500 miles to avoid a markup. Like “Arm” I was attempting to avoid the recaro seats mainly because you pay an extra $1,595 and then you lose power and memory on the driver’s side. You also lose cooling and heating on both the driver’s and passenger’s seat. Nevertheless the seats are awesome. My trade in car had leather seats. My lower back was sore when I arrived at the dealership. When I drove the GT500 back home in my recaro seats my back felt fine. I would highly recommend these seats.

There’s a mustang app that you can use to find GT500s all over the country. Just do a search for mustang on the App Store. You can plug in different zip codes to search different parts of the country. I ended up after searching for weeks finding 4 brand new GT500s without markups by contacting every dealership that had a GT500 that was of interest to me. Again good luck to you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I used cargurus to find every car I buy- mustangs and porsches- my red 500 came from Wisconsin to Florida- 3 days of negotiating to get msrp with a small dealer. Truthfully I prefer sofa seats- all my GT3s had sofa seats and I am a average person. I am not tracking the car. I have a 350R and it has recaros. For the record you can not buy cars here in Florida.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts