Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there developed a valet tune or the equivalent that castrates the GT500?

I was thinking 0 timing, 50 mph speed limiter, 2000-2200 rpm limiter, disable boost.. Can these be done with a regular sct tuning module?

Also, When I go to the dealer for oil changes (They included 6 freebies no doubt with no clue on the price of the oil) I want to maintain the appearance that I've not modified the car. If I swap out the CAI for the stock air-box, but leave the 2.6 pulley on, is it better to re-flash the tune back to stock or leave it, during the drive to the dealership (less than 10 miles). The tech will not have a clue about the tune for sure just changing the oil.

TD

·
Registered
240 Posts
The KB superchargers have a Valet Mode where the bypass valve can be locked open. This causes all boost to be dumped. Perhaps the KB bypass valve can be used with stock setup for the same capability?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The KB superchargers have a Valet Mode where the bypass valve can be locked open. This causes all boost to be dumped. Perhaps the KB bypass valve can be used with stock setup for the same capability?
I'm very interested in this thread. Perhaps the SCT boys need to look into a valet tune.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be a way to open the bypass valve through the computer. Isn't this how the car comes from the fatory with the SC defeated essentially?

Also thought I read somewhere that there was a "limp home" feature in the stock programming that would soun similar to a valet mode.

Would also be nice to totally disable the car via the tuner module so you'd need to re-flash the car in order for it to even start. Might help prevent a Ferris Bueller event.

TD

·
Registered
235 Posts
Would also be nice to totally disable the car via the tuner module so you'd need to re-flash the car in order for it to even start. Might help prevent a Ferris Bueller event.

TD
To prevent the car from being started, check this out:

http://www.emergingent.com/powerstroke/

I have one for my Marauder and it works great. I'll be installing one on the GT500 as well. It's very simple, plug n play.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
To prevent the car from being started, check this out:

http://www.emergingent.com/powerstroke/

I have one for my Marauder and it works great. I'll be installing one on the GT500 as well. It's very simple, plug n play.
Very cool. How does it work? Is there an RFID connection between the relay and the transmitter that activates the relay?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have made up valet tunes before. There are several ways that it can be done. A rev limiter can be instituted, a speed limiter, or both. Additionally, I can limit throttle angle on 05+ cars and make it like you are only going 1/4 pedal when the car is floored. This is much better than retarding timing to limit power, because one could cook the cats if they stayed into it too long with no timing in the car.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may seriously need to consider this option. Granted its a long time off before the kids have a DL, but sounds interesting.

TD

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yep, I think I'll be contacting Justin later on this summer for a CAI and a tune with a valet mode. Justin, I'm assuming you can put 2 or 3 tunes on one X-cal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts