1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
the tires are cute

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a bunch of sleeze balls.......kinda makes you want something bad to happen to it.........:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Kits, clones they are all the same. Called wanna be's. I think I will have another Martini and fall off a ladder.:D :D It's what makes the world go round.:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I just don't like it.That's my opinion.It's like a man in a dress, it just aint right.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 I do not like it as well but money is what money gets. $$$$$ It's the greed factor.

·
Registered
301 Posts
But just imagine how embarrassing it will be every time some body comes up and shakes your cage, and all you can do is sit their with your head down. Knowing full well that your just this little pup getting ready to get your AAAA
tore up, and (ain't) NOTHING you can do.

No Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
But think of the flipside....every GTO, SRT8, WRX STi, Mistu EVO, BMW 335i, M3, C5 & C6 Vette, CTS-V (etc.) owner will line up against these posers and open the proverbial can of whoop a$$ on them. Then they will run their mouths at how their car is faster than a GT500. If this were someone doing it on their own...I don't think anything can be done. However, if a Ford dealer(or any business) is doing the install as a package...there is definitely a claim of copyright and trademark infringements. This is really de-valuing of the brand names of SVT, Shelby and GT500 with someone profiting from their use. Someone from Ford Corporate should send a cease and desist order.

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
BTW...I am not sure which is worse...them creating a poser vehicle like this....or the actual stripe job. They look like a bunch of amateur hacks.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
But think of the flipside....every GTO, SRT8, WRX STi, Mistu EVO, BMW 335i, M3, C5 & C6 Vette, CTS-V (etc.) owner will line up against these posers and open the proverbial can of whoop a$$ on them. Then they will run their mouths at how their car is faster than a GT500. If this were someone doing it on their own...I don't think anything can be done. However, if a Ford dealer(or any business) is doing the install as a package...there is definitely a claim of copyright and trademark infringements. This is really de-valuing of the brand names of SVT, Shelby and GT500 with someone profiting from their use. Someone from Ford Corporate should send a cease and desist order.

Tom
You know you got a point.I think I'll talk to a couple SVT people Monday and see what they have to say.

Shlbysvt you are right.It's all about money.I just don't like the imposter look.I don't care what anyone drives thats their choice,just drive what you bought not try to dilute what I have.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You know you got a point.I think I'll talk to a couple SVT people Monday and see what they have to say.

Shlbysvt you are right.It's all about money.I just don't like the imposter look.I don't care what anyone drives thats their choice,just drive what you bought not try to dilute what I have.
Ford has each item for sale in their performance catalog individually, what do you think they had planned. They could give a big rip what any or all of us think. They have been losing monstrous amounts of business since they stood up in support of the homosexual life style. If billions of lost business dollars don't change minds on the homefront, a niche market probably will not either.

Just my opinion.

Illegal

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ford has each item for sale in their performance catalog individually, what do you think they had planned. They could give a big rip what any or all of us think. They have been losing monstrous amounts of business since they stood up in support of the homosexual life style. If billions of lost business dollars don't change minds on the homefront, a niche market probably will not either.

Just my opinion.

Illegal

Amen brother!!!!!!!! Ford invests in my life style too and pays me for it.I guess I can't bitch too much,eh!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts

Just my opinion.

Illegal
I'm with you Illegal. I didn't know Ford got into the PC business. Again,these dealers aren't helping Ford in the least doing these Clones. I don't understand why someone would settle for a FAKE. A Clone would have the same engine. This is a FAKE! GGBIW:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
WTF is right! Your being kind labeling it a Clone. I think a Clone would have the same engine ,just not built at the factory. Lets call it what it really is, a FAKE! For the love of money this dealer is making FAKES not Clones. Just how I feel after laying down 55000.00 for my GT 500. I'm finding myself whining a lot lately. Gotta Vent:( GGBIW

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Just my opinion.

Illegal
You are right on the money ILLEGAL. Pardon the pun.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I e-mailed the seller to ask why he was doing it (probably a dumb question). He responded with "call the GT500 police" the guy is a real class act.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I e-mailed the seller to ask why he was doing it (probably a dumb question). He responded with "call the GT500 police" the guy is a real class act.
That is not a stupid question. He gave you a stupid answer.:mad: GGBIW

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make your car look more like a Shelby with a Shelby Letter emblem Set. They are pressure zinc die cast just as originals. Chrome is concourse. Pin version includes barrel clips and installation requires drilling.

When lettering is for sale on the Shelby website with this sales pitch I doubt anything could be done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts