Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressures does everyone with the F1's (I know, I know, get KDW's and I will) use? And also, at what pressure does the 'low tire pressure' alarm come on? Basis for this question is that i had the light come on today, after a slight tire spin in the rain. I had a '95 that would lose air on hard starts, i was FOREVER putting air in the rears. I checked all four and found them all at 30psi or so, as it's cold here today, and i will take them up to 35psi for now.
Thanks everyone, as always.
Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
my light come on at or below 30 psi. I wish I could disable it because I run drag radials all the time and I need to run 20-25.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my light come on at or below 30 psi. I wish I could disable it because I run drag radials all the time and I need to run 20-25.
Thanks, i was thinking it was 30, but was to lazy to look it up, not sure if it's in the book or not, i took them up to 36(F) and 37(R) and ran around the block... in the rain, STILL! and the light went out. I will keep an eye on it. Also, I re-checked them with a much better gauge and the rears were both at 26, fronts at 31.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My light comes on around 30 psi. I keep mine around 32.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I run my rear F1s at 24#s cold, after they heat up they are running about 28#s, I run the fronts at 28#s. The light comes on all the time, I guess I'll have to live with that to get proper tire wear.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The way it was explained to me (and this is hearsay, so keep that in mind) is that the light will come on when there is a predetermined difference in pressures. I believe it is 4 psi. If the highest pressure is 32 in one of your tires, and another gets below 28, the light will come on.

Now that I think about it, that was the explanation I got for why my TPS light comes on in my Expedition, then goes out 10 to 15 minutes later. I would imagine the TPS system is similar across models, though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Close Orf...the tolerance is set at greater than 5 psi. I have a stubborn tire on mine (left rear) and it tended to give me a hassle every 3 weeks or so where I had to top it up. I now check my air pressure weekly and top it up 1 or 2 psi to bring it in line with the others. I could take it in and have the shop remount it, but not necessary as I have my own compressor.

Arbour88

1 - 10 of 10 Posts